Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh noes!

a poll! 1 100.0% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]

((Well, balls. I'll just have to stick around, now won't I? wink Dude, stickstachio. I love it. XD))

In standing with the owner...well, that would indeed explain his curiosity and uncharacteristic openness. Someone as obviously uneasy as himself didn't initiate conversation. Still, Fiametta only offered the man an, "Ah," before returning to her drink. She kept an eye on him, though. He just wasn't comfortable in his own skin, was he? But why? He was squirmy, fidgety, and the puzzle pieces continued to refuse to come together. Playing with his hair? That was a decidedly...feminine...touch, she noted. Well, that coupled with the outfit...maybe this gentleman was gay? And the way he was walking coming from a room upstairs supported that. Whatever. She didn't care. All she wanted was something a bit stronger than a White Spider, because that was what she figured it would take to get her nicely drunk enough to block out the visibly uncomfortable man next to her. Knocking back the rest of the drink, Fiametta slumped down a bit over the bar, resting her weight on her elbows and sliding the empty glass back across the bar with a muttered request for a screwdriver. Mixed heavily.
"Oh, I'll take care of it." Demonic offered, getting to his feet and rounding the bar, "These little guys have been working on their own for a while, if I recall." He grabbed a glass from under the bar and orange juice from the refrigerator. "I know we just got a bottle of some high quality vodka-- the good stuff... here we go!" he grabbed the bottle by the neck and set it down. As he set to work mixing the drink, he took the carton of orange juice... a little too firmly. His hand gripped it just hard enough to collapse the cardboard slightly, and the carton fell from his hand, spilling across the bar, "s**t!!" he exclaimed, fumbling around anxiously for paper towels, which the gang of stick-folks brought promptly, "These hands-- I-I'm still not used to-- s**t, s**t, s**t...!" As the mess was managed, he sighed heavily and hit his forehead with his palm, "Erm... I have more orange juice in the back, one sec..."
Fiametta could only watch with amusement as the man fumbled around, trying to get her drink ready. At first it was entertaining to watch him stumble awkwardly back and forth; then, the entire picture began to build itself. Was...was it possible? 'I'm not used to-' what? In this world of sorcery and witchcraft-hell, herself being a sorceress-it was certainly possible to change someone's gender. That would explain it all a lot better! On a whim and without thinking, Fiametta got up from her chair and ducked behind the bar, turning one of the rings on her right hand so that it faced the inside of her hand. "Let me help you with that," she offered, placing the hand on his shoulder and gently pulling him away from the mess. The gesture was completely unnecessary, as the little stick-figures the man had summoned had most of the spill cleaned up, but the important part had been managed. As Fiametta reached down towards the little stick-figures, she glanced down at the ring she had turned.

Glowing a gentle white.

Ah, someone had used magic on him, then! But what kind, of how it was woven-harder to answer. Fiametta carefully spun the ring back around, the metal reverting to a dull silver as she moved it. She then crouched down and, figuring a bit of a display might loosen the man-or woman's-tongue, she simply passed a hand over the remaining carton of juice, igniting it instantly and burning it to ash in seconds. If this person was familiar with magic at all, he could recognize a fire mage when he saw one. If not...well, then, the entire thing had just gotten a lot more interesting!
"Wha-??" Demonic started back slightly as the carton ignited. His emerald eyes widened slightly, but the shock wore off quickly as he realized that this woman must have some fire-based ability of some kind, much like the ice sorcery he knew Mephias to be capable of. "You... are a magic user, it seems!" he stated with a note of surprise still in his voice.

Super Scamp

((May I cut in, or is this a tango for two? *Smirks* ))
((Give it a few more posts, if you don't mind, and then you're more than welcome to join in! biggrin I just want to get some answers out of Dudemonic, lol. ))

Fiametta fought a smirk as the man exhibited some familiarity with her art. Good, this was a start, this was a start. "Indeed I am," she confirmed, rising and turning back to face him. Judging from the look on his face and his initial, startled reaction, he either knew very little about the subject or had only ever see its dark sides. "So, tell me," she continued, extending a hand sideways to hover over the pile of ashes she created, "what have you seen of magic? And I shouldn't have to caution you about lying to me." With a snap of her fingers, the ashes rose in a thin, smooth tendril to pool in her hand with a soft, grainy rustle. Fiametta closed her hand over the ashes, kneaded them for a moment, and then infused the little molding with her magic. When she opened her hand again, sitting within it was a tiny animation of a baby dragon, wandering in a circle and hiccuping little flames. Fiametta set her little creation down on the bar next to her and let him roam about a little. He was cute; she might put a little more magic into him, if she liked him enough.
((I actually need to be leaving soon... >.< Sorry guys, Mike's got rehearsal tonight for Fiddler, and he needs a ride. And I my services will be needed for sets soon.))

"I, well..." he thought for a moment. What did he know of magic? Missing faces drawn on, dishes dried by freezing the water and breaking the ice off, animated stick figures, necromancers missing a neck (which, incidentally, makes one simply a 'romancer'). "I've long been acquainted with some, er, magic users. A necromancer, vampire, this one guy who likes to do cartwheels into the fireplace..." he listed, frowning slightly as it occurred to him just what strange kind of company he kept.
Suddenly, however, he was broken from his conversation by an alarm going off from his pocket. He checked his phone and muttered, "s**t!" then, stuffing it back into his pocket, he said, "I'm so sorry-- I've really got to get going! Please do enjoy your stay, and ask Stickstachio and crew if you need anything!" With that, he was out the door.

Super Scamp

The throaty purr of a 1930's Indian Four motorcycle could be heard outside of the Aeternus as the skies grew grey and cloudy, bringing a much needed reprieve from piercing sun and the merciless heat. Before long a light summer's rain began to cool the surrounding area nicely. The man responsible had temporarily stowed his classic bike beneath the shade of the nearby trees as to avoid it getting wet before stepping into the bar. He was wearing only partial leathers, his jacket and a pair of gloves, instead of the full rider's attire. Instead a pair of stylish khakis and a pair of matching boots shod his lower half. Pulling one glove off Mephias ran a hand through his flowing crimson locks and smiled toothily. "Mmmmh, I really must come here more often. I absolutely adore the forest around here..." Tucking his gloves into the pocket of his jacket the Elder Vampire unzipped the jacket halfway to reveal the skull choker around his neck. This is when he bumped into a most startling attractive...male with the most striking green hair and a familiar scent.
"D-Demonic?!" The Elder Vampire whirled and watched as Demonic--in the guise of an attractive young man--made his way to parts unknown. "Mmmmmmmh..." Licking his lips salaciously Mephias chuckled darkly to himself. "I simply must get my claws into that before long..." With Demonic gone he nodded to the woman at the bar and sat down before summoning Stickstachio. "My good man could you perchance procure me a fine glass of Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon please? My eternal gratitude for your service."
((Poo. We'll have to do this again sometime; just shoot me a text when you want to get on. Wiggy, I'll be here for a little while, at least until dinner time if you wanted to keep going a little. Or we could just wait for Demonic again. Up to you.))

((EDIT: Apparently you do! XD If I disappear suddenly, I went to eat and will be back within half an hour.))

Cartwheels in the fireplace, now, what an interesting necromancer! Fiametta's curiosity had piqued, particularly with this man's hesitation to speak of magic. So, he was well aware of what had happened to him, just wasn't quite sure he wanted to tell her what. Did speaking of this incident have consequences? Fiametta fairly cursed as the man bolted from the room following a short alarm; instead, she opened her palm to the tiny little animation she had created, saying to it, "Follow him." With a little squawk of affirmation, the miniature dragon took off, disintegrating to ash momentarily to slide under the door before reforming with a slight pop! on the other side and taking off. "How peculiar," Fiametta murmured, returning slowly to her seat with the glass of straight vodka. Well, what harm could it do to sit her and finish her drink? Who knew, perhaps the answers would simply appear in a drunken stupor.

Or...not. Screw getting drunk in peace and quiet tonight! Fiametta decided. As soon as the green-haired man left, a red-haired one walked in, looking like quite the show and acting the part as well. With flowery language to rival an elf, the man ordered a drink and slid into the seat next to her with nothing more than a nod. At first, Fiametta was inclined to let him go, despite his obvious familiarity with the man called "Demonic" and his clear appall at said man's condition: then, her necklace began to warm against her skin.

Vampire.

Super Scamp

((By all means, let's! ^ ^ ))

Mephias looked over to the other woman and smirked confidently as his wine was brought out by none other than Stickstachio and a cohort of his men, carefully balancing the glass between them so as to not bruise the bouquet. "Ah my darling, you are a man among stickmen!" With a slight bow of his head in gratitude to the Maitre-de and his assistants Mephias relieved them of their burden while Stickstachio twirled his mustache. His version of a blush or so it would seem. "Hello miss. A lovely evening for a drink, is it not?" Raising his own glass in a spontaneous toast the Elder Vampire laughed; a sound that was both chocolate and velvet all at once. The irony of his words were not lost unto Mephias, but he had yet to sate his darker appetites this evening. Swirling the wine within the glass he brought it to his angular features and inhaled deeply. "A fine vintage. I must pick up a bottle or two for my flat."
Fiametta carefully schooled her features into quiet indifference to hide her whirling mind. As a vampire, he could have any assortment of powers, and if his recognition of Demonic's state was any indication, he was quite powerful indeed. He seemed completely uninterested in Demonic now, his attentions turned to her and his wine. Very well, Fiametta thought to herself, masking her frustration. Two could play at this game. "Hello, sir. Lovely evening, indeed. I'm not much of a wine drinker, to be honest, but I love a nice cocktail. Something heavier, usually, a vodka or a rum."

Super Scamp

"The sure sign of a confident woman! I approve of your style. A woman of your calibre hardly needs a man's approval however I am sure." He smiled toothily. At present he had no ulterior motives as he struck up conversation with this woman. Mephias had all the time in the world to pursue Demonic in one form or another. "Do you prefer any particular cocktail? Vodka and rum can go into so many!" His mind swam with his own favorite possibilities. "Appletini's, the Vesper Martini--now that's a classic, a Flying Dutchman..." He smirked; one of those drop-dead looks that women went wild for. "Or a Vampire's Kiss." The Elder Vampire winked to her. "Where are my manners, though? Mephias Alluros at your most excellent service madam."
Fiametta could only offer an equally-charming smile in return as the vampire chatted about drinks and alcohol and confidence and approval. He was quite a talkative one, wasn't he? This would be easier than she thought! "Fiametta," she said simply, extending a hand to the vampire. Either he was like this everyone, in which case her job was easy, or he had taken a shine to her, which made her job even easier. "Now, I don't suppose you are familiar with that Demonic fellow who ran out of here in quite a hurry?" she queried, turning her bright eyes to Mephias's. "He seems...rather uncomfortable in his own body, and judging by your reaction, one might be inclined to think his form had somehow changed as of late, no?" With that, Fiametta took a disarming sip of her drink, wrapping both hands around the short, stout glass and crossing one leg over the other. A long mage's robe she wore, but that split up the middle in the front. She was wearing skin-tight black legging underneath; who knew, maybe as a vampire, he would appreciate a nice leg. And even if he didn't, Fiametta had determined from experience that an ample show of skin or even a nice contour could really loosen a man's tongue.

Super Scamp

"What a charming name...where does one acquire such a lovely moniker?" Taking her hand in his he immediately noticed the temperature of her skin. It was quite high for a normal person--a tell tale sign of her inner heat. How curious indeed. Raising the hand to his lips Mephias caressed it all the same. "Oh I'm quite familiar with Demonic. Some might say...intimately so." He smirked and released her hand as he leaned back and mimicked her posture, folding his legs as well. "He certainly smelled more enticing than usual...as for what that could possibly mean, I am unsure." Leaning back the Elder Vampire took his measure of this woman. What was she truly trying to ascertain? Why did she want what he undoubtedly knew about Demonic, to whom he was so protective? His mind raced with many questions and so Mephias put them to rest most succinctly. "Why is one such as yourself so curious? I'll gladly share what I know with a lovely lady, if her intentions are pure. Pure intentions, not necessarily thoughts..." He added with a toothy grin.
"My mother named me," Fiametta replied. "She always had a thing for unusual names." Harmless enough, though she eyed him carefully as he kissed her hand. Harmless though her words may be, she was certain the one hearing them was not. Great, now he was asking why she needed to know. Ugh, the most annoying of all questions, why! But at least now it was clear that Mephias knew what she wanted to. Whether he meant 'intimately' in the vampire sense or in the sense that he was who Demonic was with upstairs, he knew what was going on here. Smiling as benignly as she could, Fiametta bought herself a moment with another sip of her drink before replying, "I'm something of a magic-user myself, and it has been made aware to me that some other magic user has laid a spell on Demonic. I was just wondering if my services could be of any use here." She was doing everything she could not to give away too much about herself. There was only so far she would go before she deemed the cause not worth it and moved on. "Seeing how well you seem to know Demonic, I figured you could be of assistance."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff