O__O What do you want? 0.13280776228017 13.3% [ 219 ]
BUTTSECKS =D 0.35718617343845 35.7% [ 589 ]
Hello! 0.38750758035173 38.8% [ 639 ]
...What? 0.12249848392965 12.2% [ 202 ]
Total Votes:[ 1649 ]

Andrew`
User Image

*runs out of things to say*

If it counts, I said hello to you in a previous post.

Dangerous Lunatic

Haichi-Rei
Like wise. ^^
Arts! My god, that's like crack. XD I might do some later tonight. Or tomo.
Getting used to this hear graphics tablet.
*Frowns at.* It hates me really. It's emo or something.
Oh yes, always good to have a friends name memorized. xD
User Image

LOL! Hoshit, does that mean I could get arrested for being in possession of art with intent to supply?

What's the tablet like? I've only really coloured stuff in with pencils - and now, I'm using Paint. Not perhaps, the most sophisticated programme available, but I don't think there's an up to date version of Photoshop on here (plus, I've never used Photoshop and would probably make the entire machine explode xD)

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
I'm tired and ill ... I'll talk to you guys later.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

Aww, okay. Get well soon, Andrew

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
Oh goodness that's it, your paying my bail. XD

As for the Graphic Tablet don't get me started on the damn thing.
I'm a pencil to paper artist, I do shading/black and white and sometimes coal work.
This really is new to me.
I find it really hard to be honest. D:
I can't use Photo shop either, I pretty much fail. I've just been using the paint brush thing so the lines aren't all deep, thick and ugly.
It's like.. Drawing on a DS but it's more temperamental. You know, the mental stability of an 80 year old pill popper. x_x;;
It's fun, but a WHOLE new learning experience for me.
They should put a warning on them.

''May cause mental stability issues, along with foul language. Please use with caution and do not use around children.''

Something along those lines. xD

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

XDD *Empties bank account*

I'd like to try and use Photoshop (wtf, I started typing Photobucket then) to colour, because with any luck the quality would be better than on Paint. XD And I think that warning label should've come with TekTek Toolbar's AutoTek, as well. That had me swearing like hell

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra

It's ok! I'm hiding. They wont see me. Your Monies are safe, for now!
I'd love to try using Photobucket as well.
Never seems to let me upload pics. xD
*Fail Stamp.*
You know, I've never used the tektek tool bars. What they all about? Or should I say, are they any good? Other than causing mass cussing. xD

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

It's got more direct links, to like, your profile comments, subscribed jounals/threads, has a few extra emoticons, and can automatically format your post for you (although it does cause a lot of swearing if it doesn't work for you, lmao. I've no idea if it just doesn't like me, or if the autotek's a pain in the a** for others, too). Combined with Gaia's own toolbar, it's pretty good xD.

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
That sounds quite handy. Although. I'd be a bit worried about using something like that.
Since I left I've heard no end about people getting hacked and scammed and such. Some people are blaming tektek and such.
I think it's a little far fetched to be honest, but to be on the safe side. xD
I remember, when Gaiaonline was GoGaia and there were no advertisements and such.
So commercial now. I don't know why, surely they make enough money with having a cash shop as well as a donation system.
*Shrugs.*
Wow, I don't know how one thing escalated into that. xD
Random rant +10 Points.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

Really? I've not heard anything like that O__O.

According to one entry in Fleep's journal, Gaia is actually *losing* money. It must cost a shitload to pay for servers, not to mention all the staff who work there, so it's not really surprising that they've had to take sponsors. It's quite sad, really. The GCD went into uproar after the MTV sponsor saying 'OMG GAIA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE USERS, THEY'RE ONLY AFTER OUR MONEY, I'M NOT GONNA DONATE ANY MORE BLAH BLAH BLAH' which seems ridiculous to me. Most days, I don't give the MTV shop and whatnot any thought at all rolleyes

Go-Gaia? '03 or '04? I'm an '05 user xD

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
A proud '03 user.
Although, I've not used the account in well years. In all honesty I can't remember the Username. I know what email add it is but, It's been years since I even used that so you can guess how the rest goes.
I used to use my Mules more anyway. Not a clue why.

Well, the commercial thing bothers me But only when it's like something really obnoxious on the side of my page. Mainly because I stare at it for ages, or end up clicking on it and spending more money on stuff. XDD
My own fault there, bit the shiny stuff. Now that's not my fault. XD

Oh goodness yeah. Servers cost a lot of money, hosting is a royal pain in the arse. Well not for the hoster, who makes a ton of money.
I mean, I do notice gaia lags a lot now. Just gaia, no other pages. But with so many people on now it's not surprising. On top of the people using 56k modems still REALLY doesn't help the issue.
But, what can you do about it?

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

Ohh, cool. So you were around for the zombie invasion event? I joined just before the Grunny invasion, and didn't participate cos I didn't understand it, lol. And I'm still kicking myself.

I haven't really noticed all that many really big ads or something, on the side of the page. Not that I'm complaining xD.

I think I read in an old AtA that there's over 300 servers to keep running and to pay for on Gaia O__O. That's just...damn. And while it's a good thing that the site's become so well known and popular, hence the large amount of users, I do think it's got a bit of a downfall - apart from having to add more servers - because apparently in the first few years, the staff were able to interact more with the users, right? It seems a shame that they can't really do that now, other than occasionally posting in the forums, or making the odd announcement. The only time I've ever personally spoken to a member of staff has been when posting in the AtA's

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
I was somewhat around. I never really payed much attention to events and such. I was still in school when I joined, me and my friends came on here to chat. Well, to chat and RP.
Good times.
*Sniffles.*
Oh snap! That's a lot of servers! Although, it is a web based game and it is world wide. I just have one problem with Gaia.
The fact that some events are for Americans/Canadians ONLY. Such as anime ones etc.
And, the whole Gaia cards. We can't get them over here.
*Pouts*
They don't know how good they have it.

The staff eh? I used to see a fair few of them posting. Although now. I can't say I see any. Not been on gaia doesn't help I guess. XD
Although, I don't get the big fascination with some people and the mods. People forget, they are people too. Their not gods. They may just want to come on gaia for a chat with their friends. D:
It's like when you a GM on a private server of a game. People seem to think your some kind of ''Uber person.''
I really don't get it. D:

Hopefully gaia will get it all sorted out for themselves. I wish people would appreciate when they do a bit more though.
Takes a lot of time and patience to come up with new idea's for something that's so old.

Dangerous Lunatic

User Image

A friend of mine on here joined in '04, and he said that the staff used to post around a lot more, and could actually answer peoples' messages n stuffs.

Argh, yeah, I hated the American/Canadian only events. Still, with any luck, we might get some stuff happening over here soon. What I'd really like to see in England is some Gaia conventions, and official get togethers, like they have in America. They look like so much fun xD.

I think the fascination with the staff, and the admins is because they run Gaia, and it's just nice to know what goes through their mind, why they created Gaia, etc etc. Does that make sense?

And I completely agree with you about the lack of appreciation. Going into the GCD is nothing short of downright exasperating some days, with the amount of complaining. It makes me feel really sorry for the staff, because it seems that they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't

Minicity:
Pop|Ind|Tra
Well, I saw some around in '03. But I never payed any attention to them. That sounds bad but, I had no reason to. You know?

Who knows, there may well be something just for us. Although, considering Gaia is American based it's some what unlikely. It's good to hope though. I mean, it would be nice.
Oh yeah a Gaia convention would be really cool! Even more so for this country. I don't care what the others think, I think they'd do well coming over here.
It really would be nice to chat with some of the staff in person, and first off Thank them for making GaiaOnline. And then, poke them perhaps prod them and ask a few questions and such.

Yeah, people really do lack manners and appreciation on here now. I mean, it takes a lot to come up with new ideas for something as big as this.
It's like when you see people making post about new MC out of pure spite because it's not what they wanted. It's so rude.
I once posted and said:
''So, you think the MC's are that bad, that you went to all the effort of making a thread pointing out aspects that only YOU think are bad.
Rather then giving general abuse to something that staff on gaia have put thought into, why not come up with a more creative idea for them? Why not give them some ideas and how to better the items and such?''
Of course, all I got back was.
''Shut up that's a noob of a response!''
That post made me laugh that hard I had no choice remembering it. XD
It seems to be easy to point out faults you find yourself, that point out real problems and take the effort to show how something can be improved.
Really is sad.

Well. I'm going to call it a night. It's getting.. Shall we say early? XD
I can't remember if we're having people over or not in the morning. One of those.
''I'll call you if I'm coming round.'' Things.

I'll catch you later in the day?
It was nice chatting with you, Hope to see you around tomorrow.
Take care.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces