Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

If people start calling us Bonnie and. Clyde, I want to make it perfectly clear that I will never be Bonnie. Horrid name, that.

It has it's ups and downs. But in the beginning it does the whole monster of the day thing, whereas later it's much more into arcs. I'm okay with an arc or two, but they really go crazy.

Oh that's right, you're English. Your government at least tries to make some sense. Mine is just stupid right now. I'm very interested in the thought of moving to Ireland or Scotland for grad school. I hear it rains a lot on that lively continent of yours.
And then conversely Clyde is like the most badass name ever. I WANT TO BE CLYDE. You can be Clyde #2 or something.

Ah, okay. So some of those arcs just start to drag on forever, when you feel like they could have ben resolved much quicker without all the padding out?

Our Government makes sense with some things, but then takes just as many missteps as any other government out there. Nobody is perfect I suppose. Yes, come on down, we have rain for everybody. You'll have a whale of a time I promise. Or just drown the moment you step foot off of the plane. Either way, it'll be exciting.

Beloved Conversationalist

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

If people start calling us Bonnie and. Clyde, I want to make it perfectly clear that I will never be Bonnie. Horrid name, that.

It has it's ups and downs. But in the beginning it does the whole monster of the day thing, whereas later it's much more into arcs. I'm okay with an arc or two, but they really go crazy.

Oh that's right, you're English. Your government at least tries to make some sense. Mine is just stupid right now. I'm very interested in the thought of moving to Ireland or Scotland for grad school. I hear it rains a lot on that lively continent of yours.
And then conversely Clyde is like the most badass name ever. I WANT TO BE CLYDE. You can be Clyde #2 or something.

Ah, okay. So some of those arcs just start to drag on forever, when you feel like they could have ben resolved much quicker without all the padding out?

Our Government makes sense with some things, but then takes just as many missteps as any other government out there. Nobody is perfect I suppose. Yes, come on down, we have rain for everybody. You'll have a whale of a time I promise. Or just drown the moment you step foot off of the plane. Either way, it'll be exciting.

I called dibs, you're Bonnie. There has to be a Bonnie. Oh! We should get a murder dog! She can lick up all the evidence. She can be Bonnie, I'll be Clyde, and you can be... Earl?

Yes, and then they throw in another arc before the first arc is even at its climax, so you have like three going on at once at some points.

My government keeps trying to force me to get healthcare. What if I want to die young? Why would I ever pay to see a doctor. I love rain... Like a LOT. I splash in puddles every chance I get and I get my best writing done. Plus I'm a daydreamer and rain is very conducive to letting my imagination wonder.

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

I called dibs, you're Bonnie. There has to be a Bonnie. Oh! We should get a murder dog! She can lick up all the evidence. She can be Bonnie, I'll be Clyde, and you can be... Earl?

Yes, and then they throw in another arc before the first arc is even at its climax, so you have like three going on at once at some points.

My government keeps trying to force me to get healthcare. What if I want to die young? Why would I ever pay to see a doctor. I love rain... Like a LOT. I splash in puddles every chance I get and I get my best writing done. Plus I'm a daydreamer and rain is very conducive to letting my imagination wonder.
Okay, good. Murder dogs are good. We can get her metal jaws or something to make the killing all the more gruesome. Earl is just as bad a** a name. I'LL TAKE IT. THE ADVENTURES OF BONNIE, CLYDE, AND EARL.

The arc needs an arc to finish the arc it started 5 arcs ago. Arcs man. You gotta use them in moderation or your plot becomes like spaghetti as you try to figure it all out. Dx

Yeah I never got the paying for the privilege of staying alive thing. You'd think they'd offer something as essential as that for free everywhere. But what do I know? : ( That sounds fun. The UK is definitely the place for you then. I think I daydream most when I'm working, and have to try and hope I can remember half of the ideas I think up by the time I get home.

Sparkly Star

6,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Seph99
Starstuffed
Seph99
I sure hope so. Although, it would be a skill in itself to stay at the exact same skill level no matter how much stuff I made, never getting better or worse. : P

As long as you yourself find it good, then that's all that matters! When I was a kid I used to read through cartoon comics that I got weekly and it was pretty awesome. Just the silly goofy ones that I'm sure are probably still being made today. Getting into the actual superhero style comics seems incredibly daunting these days since they've been going on for years and have had millions of reboots and alternative universe splits and oh my god my head hurts even trying to comprehend it all. Superheroes be crazy. Dx I don't know if that stuff that convoluted can even serve as a good reference haha.

I have a tentative name I'm rolling with on the titlescreen, just so it doesn't feel empty there, but I think it's a fairly goofy name and isn't highly original, so it'll probably change before the thing is ever finished. I like naming people and world building though, that's always fun. When I'm working all I mostly think about is ideas for my stories, since I'm just doing dull tasks that allow my mind to wander.

And you got it! I can probably make a demo fairly soon. I'm like 20k words in so far with the script, but still have barely even scratched the surface. Dx Also, being that it's a visual novel, and is inspired by a lot of them, the characters and dialogue are pretty much anime as hell, even the setting is. I think I was more just having fun with this than trying to make anything groundbreaking.

Not a skill, just going into a kind of meditative zone where you're not really concentrating on what you're doing and you're just going through the motions of what you already know. Trust me. I do this sometimes when drawing and I can tell I'm not learning anything new. XD

Hmm...well, what I find good I tend to find terrible months down the road when I've gotten better. So I'm always trying to make something that is objectively good. Something that I will respect when I can look back after years have passed.

The superhero stuff...I'm so jealous of people who are into it. They're really into it and I can see their passion and the comic art is so beautiful, but something stops me from being able to get into that genre. I can watch the movies because it's not a lot of investment, and they're often fun, but it's just not my cup of tea. It probably would be if I had access to comics when I was younger. Instead, I spent my childhood and my teen years reading fantasy. Narnia, LOTR, etc. Now I'm more into sci-fi than anything else.

Oh cool. I sometimes use placeholder names until I can find the perfect one. Nothing is truly "original" and if it feels that way, then you just don't know what the inspiration was for it's creator. The thing you have to focus on is POV and the overall feel of the work-- because you can really put your voice into those aspects and only you have your voice.

Cool. ^_^ Can't wait!
That certainly sounds familiar for me. I think if I open up several of my stories at once, I'll find they share some elements between one another haha. Gotta break out of that mould. NEED MORE ORIGINAL IDEAS. Dx

Yeah, you gotta respect the people that have devoted the time and money over the years into following their passion that much. It really is insane how long some of those superheroes have been around, with the amount of changes they've went through. I get what you mean with movies though, those are easy enough to watch since they're generally made with a wider audience in mind, so they'll always make sure things are clear and easy to understand for us common folk haha. Most of the time they start from the beginning of the hero's origin too, which makes things a little easier. When I was younger I think I mostly read fantasy stuff too. And followed the Harry Potter books as they came out. That was always fun being excited for the new book.

And then sometimes you'll get attached to those placeholder names and they become real anyways, so it's all good. I think with some minor editing I can segment off a part of what I've written and turn it into a demo by the end of today. Shouldn't take much effort. Just gotta make sure it all runs fine and stuff~ emotion_kirakira

Get outta the ol' comfort zone. >3

Yeah, def. Now they're mainstream icons anyone can relate to, whether you're a comic fan or not.

I read the Harry Potter books just before the final two movies came out. Didn't think they were for me since they were more YA (or straight up for kids?) and I was into adult high fantasy at the time. HUGE MISTAKE because they are splendid and easy to relate to at any age.

Yeah, that happens to. ^_^ And then it's truly special, so there's no point in changing it anyways, right? Great, can't wait to see it!

Ice-Cold Punk

Starstuffed
Seph99
Starstuffed
Seph99
I sure hope so. Although, it would be a skill in itself to stay at the exact same skill level no matter how much stuff I made, never getting better or worse. : P

As long as you yourself find it good, then that's all that matters! When I was a kid I used to read through cartoon comics that I got weekly and it was pretty awesome. Just the silly goofy ones that I'm sure are probably still being made today. Getting into the actual superhero style comics seems incredibly daunting these days since they've been going on for years and have had millions of reboots and alternative universe splits and oh my god my head hurts even trying to comprehend it all. Superheroes be crazy. Dx I don't know if that stuff that convoluted can even serve as a good reference haha.

I have a tentative name I'm rolling with on the titlescreen, just so it doesn't feel empty there, but I think it's a fairly goofy name and isn't highly original, so it'll probably change before the thing is ever finished. I like naming people and world building though, that's always fun. When I'm working all I mostly think about is ideas for my stories, since I'm just doing dull tasks that allow my mind to wander.

And you got it! I can probably make a demo fairly soon. I'm like 20k words in so far with the script, but still have barely even scratched the surface. Dx Also, being that it's a visual novel, and is inspired by a lot of them, the characters and dialogue are pretty much anime as hell, even the setting is. I think I was more just having fun with this than trying to make anything groundbreaking.

Not a skill, just going into a kind of meditative zone where you're not really concentrating on what you're doing and you're just going through the motions of what you already know. Trust me. I do this sometimes when drawing and I can tell I'm not learning anything new. XD

Hmm...well, what I find good I tend to find terrible months down the road when I've gotten better. So I'm always trying to make something that is objectively good. Something that I will respect when I can look back after years have passed.

The superhero stuff...I'm so jealous of people who are into it. They're really into it and I can see their passion and the comic art is so beautiful, but something stops me from being able to get into that genre. I can watch the movies because it's not a lot of investment, and they're often fun, but it's just not my cup of tea. It probably would be if I had access to comics when I was younger. Instead, I spent my childhood and my teen years reading fantasy. Narnia, LOTR, etc. Now I'm more into sci-fi than anything else.

Oh cool. I sometimes use placeholder names until I can find the perfect one. Nothing is truly "original" and if it feels that way, then you just don't know what the inspiration was for it's creator. The thing you have to focus on is POV and the overall feel of the work-- because you can really put your voice into those aspects and only you have your voice.

Cool. ^_^ Can't wait!
That certainly sounds familiar for me. I think if I open up several of my stories at once, I'll find they share some elements between one another haha. Gotta break out of that mould. NEED MORE ORIGINAL IDEAS. Dx

Yeah, you gotta respect the people that have devoted the time and money over the years into following their passion that much. It really is insane how long some of those superheroes have been around, with the amount of changes they've went through. I get what you mean with movies though, those are easy enough to watch since they're generally made with a wider audience in mind, so they'll always make sure things are clear and easy to understand for us common folk haha. Most of the time they start from the beginning of the hero's origin too, which makes things a little easier. When I was younger I think I mostly read fantasy stuff too. And followed the Harry Potter books as they came out. That was always fun being excited for the new book.

And then sometimes you'll get attached to those placeholder names and they become real anyways, so it's all good. I think with some minor editing I can segment off a part of what I've written and turn it into a demo by the end of today. Shouldn't take much effort. Just gotta make sure it all runs fine and stuff~ emotion_kirakira

Get outta the ol' comfort zone. >3

Yeah, def. Now they're mainstream icons anyone can relate to, whether you're a comic fan or not.

I read the Harry Potter books just before the final two movies came out. Didn't think they were for me since they were more YA (or straight up for kids?) and I was into adult high fantasy at the time. HUGE MISTAKE because they are splendid and easy to relate to at any age.

Yeah, that happens to. ^_^ And then it's truly special, so there's no point in changing it anyways, right? Great, can't wait to see it!
But it's scary going out of the comfort zone! emotion_8c I JUST WANT TO STAY IN FOREVER AND EVER WHERE IT'S NICE AND COMFY.

Pretty much. And they can help ease you into the eventual franchise if you gain any big interest in it. I think Batman: The Dark Knight sparked an interest for me in looking a bit deeper into the Batman stuff, which brought me to the animated series, and then the games, which are pretty damn awesome.

I can see how they appear that way when you first look at them, but they definitely are pretty crazy. And then they got progressively crazier with the violence and deaths which was unexpected. Seriously, such a drastic change in tone from the whimsical first book. Dx

I guess the real placeholder names would be something like Person A and Person B. Those are the kinds of things I use in the initial outline before ever writing anything proper. Somehow I doubt I'll get attached to those kinds of names. Maybe. Although... Person C really does have a nice ring to it. emotion_kirakira

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Okay, good. Murder dogs are good. We can get her metal jaws or something to make the killing all the more gruesome. Earl is just as bad a** a name. I'LL TAKE IT. THE ADVENTURES OF BONNIE, CLYDE, AND EARL.

The arc needs an arc to finish the arc it started 5 arcs ago. Arcs man. You gotta use them in moderation or your plot becomes like spaghetti as you try to figure it all out. Dx

Yeah I never got the paying for the privilege of staying alive thing. You'd think they'd offer something as essential as that for free everywhere. But what do I know? : ( That sounds fun. The UK is definitely the place for you then. I think I daydream most when I'm working, and have to try and hope I can remember half of the ideas I think up by the time I get home.

Lol, Earl it is then.

I loooove spaghetti. And now I'm hungry, lol.

Yeah, it's strange that the entire world doesn't have leadership. Some things, I feel, should be entirely universal. I don't know what you know... Tell me everything. Where do you work? Do you like your job? I keep a tiny notebook in my pocket pretty much all the time for when ideas hit me, I've lost too many good ideas before implementing the tiny notebook.

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Lol, Earl it is then.

Yeah, it's strange that the entire world doesn't have leadership. Some things, I feel, should be entirely universal. I don't know what you know... Tell me everything. Where do you work? Do you like your job? I keep a tiny notebook in my pocket pretty much all the time for when ideas hit me, I've lost too many good ideas before implementing the tiny notebook.
I can't really imagine any Earl other than that one from My Name Is Earl, so picture me with crazy hair and a glorious mustache. emotion_kirakira

ARC SPAGHETTI. Spaghetti gets pretty messy sometimes though. For me at least. Maybe I'm just unable to eat food without making a mess. Dx

But then I'm sure there's probably a million arguments against free healthcare, the biggest of which being the funding. While it is free over here, I feel the quality does suffer a little. It's scary how short on manpower some hospitals are. There's been a lot of horror stories.

I work as a cleaner at a building adjacent to a small hospital that focuses on the mental health side of things. It's only really a part time job to get some funds up while I try to figure out what to do with my life now that I'm 21. Aiming to move out eventually and start up a real career, but goodness knows what that'll be. How 'bout you? I have a notebook at home for when I get ideas at night and don't wanna turn the computer on, but I somehow feel they'll frown at work if I stop every 5 seconds to scribble stuff down. Life isn't fair sometimes!

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Lol, Earl it is then.

I can't really imagine any Earl other than that one from My Name Is Earl, so picture me with crazy hair and a glorious mustache. emotion_kirakira

ARC SPAGHETTI. Spaghetti gets pretty messy sometimes though. For me at least. Maybe I'm just unable to eat food without making a mess. Dx

E But then I'm sure there's probably a million arguments against free healthcare, the biggest of which being the funding. While it is free over here, I feel the quality does suffer a little. It's scary how short on manpower some hospitals are. There's been a lot of horror stories.

I work as a cleaner at a building adjacent to a small hospital that focuses on the mental health side of things. It's only really a part time job to get some funds up while I try to figure out what to do with my life now that I'm 21. Aiming to move out eventually and start up a real career, but goodness knows what that'll be. How 'bout you? I have a notebook at home for when I get ideas at night and don't wanna turn the computer on, but I somehow feel they'll frown at work if I stop every 5 seconds to scribble stuff down. Life isn't fair sometimes!

Haha, I wouldn't call his mustach glorious, but if you say so, I'll put that mental image in my head.

When I was little I could slurp spaghetti and get the sauce on my forehead. My nickname used to just be Mess. I also never eat or drink anything that can stain while wearing white.

Yeah, the quality of healthcare is still pretty good here, but we have similar staffing issues. I was going to college for nursing, but I dropped that once I learned more about my prospective career. Now I do hospitality, and I do it well, lol. Hotels are so much more pleasant than hospitals. What kind of horror stories?

There is nothing wrong with taking time to figure things out, you'll be happier in the long run having considered your options as opposed to just jumping right in to something. I work overnights at a hotel, but right now I'm pushing for a promotion, so hopefully I will at least be considered. I took a pause from college, but will be going back fairly soon. I suppose your job is more labor intensive than mine. No one cares if I'm sitting at a desk and start writing some nonsense down.

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Lol, Earl it is then.

E But then I'm sure there's probably a million arguments against free healthcare, the biggest of which being the funding. While it is free over here, I feel the quality does suffer a little. It's scary how short on manpower some hospitals are. There's been a lot of horror stories.

Haha, I wouldn't call his mustach glorious, but if you say so, I'll put that mental image in my head.

When I was little I could slurp spaghetti and get the sauce on my forehead. My nickname used to just be Mess. I also never eat or drink anything that can stain while wearing white.

Yeah, the quality of healthcare is still pretty good here, but we have similar staffing issues. I was going to college for nursing, but I dropped that once I learned more about my prospective career. Now I do hospitality, and I do it well, lol. Hotels are so much more pleasant than hospitals. What kind of horror stories?

There is nothing wrong with taking time to figure things out, you'll be happier in the long run having considered your options as opposed to just jumping right in to something. I work overnights at a hotel, but right now I'm pushing for a promotion, so hopefully I will at least be considered. I took a pause from college, but will be going back fairly soon. I suppose your job is more labor intensive than mine. No one cares if I'm sitting at a desk and start writing some nonsense down.
Good. GOOD. (I have next to no facial hair in reality though. I'm not manly enough to be able to grow something like that : ()

That sounds like an amazing skill actually. I don't think I could do that even if I tried. emotion_kirakira Spaghetti also slips dangerous if you have it on a plate. I know first hand the dangers of this. Dx

I have respect for the people that do take on a role in the hospital. I hear it can be emotionally stressful and really push you to breaking point as you try to keep up with everything. I can definitely see hotels being better, save for the occasional grouchy customers. But you get those everywhere. People are just naturally grouchy sometimes. And the horror stories I mean are just ones of general neglect by the hospital staff towards the patients. Dunno if there's just not enough people to attend to everyone or if the staff just don't care, but it's pretty scary.

I sure hope so. Although I feel like at my age I should be moving out already. No idea how to even start though. Life is so difficult. Dx Best of luck with the promotion and stuff. Are they pretty happy with your work there? What kinda stuff do you do? And yeah, I'm pretty much on my feet from the moment I get there to the moment I leave. But it's not so bad when it's only a couple of hours. When I take on extra hours in the other buildings, it can be hours until I finally get to rest, but at least I'm getting exercise this way haha. Since I don't really do much else outside of work.

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99

No worries, I don't have any facial hair either.

It's a gift, I am truly blessed to be able to be so messy. Lol, I've never thought of spaghetti being dangerous before. REVENGE OF THE SPAGHETTI.

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for them too, I mean just to become a nurse is insanely difficult. Do be a doctor on an EMT, I can only imagine. I don't deal with stress well, which is why I backed out of the program, my grades were fine, but in the end I don't trust my math when I have a million things going on. The hotel is so much calmer, and I can't kill anyone with wrong math, so that's a plus. Neglect in the hospital setting is a problem everywhere. Sometimes it's a matter of time, sometimes it's laziness, sometimes it's just lack of caring by the staff. Either way I wish this issue will be resolved at some point.

I have my own apartment, I moved out of my parents place when I was 19 and a large part of me regrets it. It is so much easier to save money when you don't have bills piling up on the kitchen table that you stole from someone's dumpster. Thanks for the luck, they seem happy with my work so far, but since I work alone on the overnights I don't get much of a chance to really shine. I take care of our online operations, reservations reading our reviews online and really just keeping up with how the community sees us. My shifts are 8 hours each, but I'm sitting at a desk so I'm generally not too tired when I get home from work. Except for it being 6am and whatnot. Exercise is good. Keeps ya happy. =]

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

It's a gift, I am truly blessed to be able to be so messy. Lol, I've never thought of spaghetti being dangerous before. REVENGE OF THE SPAGHETTI.

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for them too, I mean just to become a nurse is insanely difficult. Do be a doctor on an EMT, I can only imagine. I don't deal with stress well, which is why I backed out of the program, my grades were fine, but in the end I don't trust my math when I have a million things going on. The hotel is so much calmer, and I can't kill anyone with wrong math, so that's a plus. Neglect in the hospital setting is a problem everywhere. Sometimes it's a matter of time, sometimes it's laziness, sometimes it's just lack of caring by the staff. Either way I wish this issue will be resolved at some point.

I have my own apartment, I moved out of my parents place when I was 19 and a large part of me regrets it. It is so much easier to save money when you don't have bills piling up on the kitchen table that you stole from someone's dumpster. Thanks for the luck, they seem happy with my work so far, but since I work alone on the overnights I don't get much of a chance to really shine. I take care of our online operations, reservations reading our reviews online and really just keeping up with how the community sees us. My shifts are 8 hours each, but I'm sitting at a desk so I'm generally not too tired when I get home from work. Except for it being 6am and whatnot. Exercise is good. Keeps ya happy. =]
Good, good. I'm not alone in the world then. emotion_kirakira

I'm more worried about the spaghetti getting everywhere else rather than on me. It just leaps off of the plate when no-one's looking I swear. IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Any kind of medical career is pretty daunting to get into. Years and years of stuff required beforehand before they ever even let you step foot into a proper hospital. Dx I'm glad some people took up that task though, otherwise we'd be pretty screwed without them. At least, you hope you wouldn't be able to kill someone in a hotel with wrong maths. But who knows, maybe pricing a bill wrong might accidentally give someone a heart attack. : (

Yeah, from what I've gathered, rushing to move out without much money to fall back on isn't ideal. I do earn money, but at a very slow rate because of the few hours I work a week. I need to gradually ramp it up and find more hours with other jobs I think if I ever want enough to get my own place. Ah, that sounds like a pretty comfortable job then. I can see it maybe getting boring, but not so much if you have the internet at your fingertips, huh? The late hours probably do drag on though. I've always been more of a night owl, so I wouldn't mind working those kinds of hours myself.

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

I'm more worried about the spaghetti getting everywhere else rather than on me. It just leaps off of the plate when no-one's looking I swear. IT'S A CONSPIRACY.

Any kind of medical career is pretty daunting to get into. Years and years of stuff required beforehand before they ever even let you step foot into a proper hospital. Dx I'm glad some people took up that task though, otherwise we'd be pretty screwed without them. At least, you hope you wouldn't be able to kill someone in a hotel with wrong maths. But who knows, maybe pricing a bill wrong might accidentally give someone a heart attack. : (

Yeah, from what I've gathered, rushing to move out without much money to fall back on isn't ideal. I do earn money, but at a very slow rate because of the few hours I work a week. I need to gradually ramp it up and find more hours with other jobs I think if I ever want enough to get my own place. Ah, that sounds like a pretty comfortable job then. I can see it maybe getting boring, but not so much if you have the internet at your fingertips, huh? The late hours probably do drag on though. I've always been more of a night owl, so I wouldn't mind working those kinds of hours myself.

Lol, I ate spaghetti for dinner. I put it Ina bowl and there was no mischief. Maybe that's the trick to vanquishing it.

Yeah, doctors are good to have around, that's why they are paid so much. Well, the hotel is already pretty expensive. $200/night. We have one room that's $335. So people really shouldn't be too surprised. We get really cool celebrities here, which i think is pretty cool. Do you know Drew Carey? He gave me $100.

How many hours do you typically work each week? I saved up about 5k before I moved out. It was very easy on me. But now as the years have gone by there are just things that pop up and wipe out my bank account. Car trouble mostly. It is really boring, but I do have internet access so that's a strong positive. I'm an insomniac, so I am unable to sleep much either way.

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Lol, I ate spaghetti for dinner. I put it Ina bowl and there was no mischief. Maybe that's the trick to vanquishing it.

Yeah, doctors are good to have around, that's why they are paid so much. Well, the hotel is already pretty expensive. $200/night. We have one room that's $335. So people really shouldn't be too surprised. We get really cool celebrities here, which i think is pretty cool. Do you know Drew Carey? He gave me $100.

How many hours do you typically work each week? I saved up about 5k before I moved out. It was very easy on me. But now as the years have gone by there are just things that pop up and wipe out my bank account. Car trouble mostly. It is really boring, but I do have internet access so that's a strong positive. I'm an insomniac, so I am unable to sleep much either way.
Oh, the bowl, of course. But that's just cheating! Gotta face that spaghetti head on in a plate with nothing but a fork. mad

And then I guess trying to keep up with paying them the deserved amount leads to the issues we have over here where things are underfunded. Dx That all sounds pretty fancy. Definitely far above my spending level. Far, FAR above. I'm not really up to date on celebrities, but the name Drew Carey sounds familiar at least. I'm sure that was pretty amazing. emotion_kirakira

Like, 10, pretty much haha. Which is probably a normal day of work for someone. Like I say though, this is really small part time stuff, which is why I need to find more hours. Eesh, cars. They seem to be one of the biggest money sinks in the world. And I suppose cars are pretty important to have in America. I think over here I can manage without one though, since public transportation is pretty good. That and I'd be terrified of being at the wheel of some giant metal deathtrap. It wouldn't end well. For anybody! My skill at driving in videogames is bad enough.

9,525 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

Oh, the bowl, of course. But that's just cheating! Gotta face that spaghetti head on in a plate with nothing but a fork. mad

And then I guess trying to keep up with paying them the deserved amount leads to the issues we have over here where things are underfunded. Dx That all sounds pretty fancy. Definitely far above my spending level. Far, FAR above. I'm not really up to date on celebrities, but the name Drew Carey sounds familiar at least. I'm sure that was pretty amazing. emotion_kirakira

Like, 10, pretty much haha. Which is probably a normal day of work for someone. Like I say though, this is really small part time stuff, which is why I need to find more hours. Eesh, cars. They seem to be one of the biggest money sinks in the world. And I suppose cars are pretty important to have in America. I think over here I can manage without one though, since public transportation is pretty good. That and I'd be terrified of being at the wheel of some giant metal deathtrap. It wouldn't end well. For anybody! My skill at driving in videogames is bad enough.

I prefer to let the spaghetti know whose boss. It can't exactly fight back when it's in a bowl.

Underfunding is a problem everywhere. There just isn't enough money. Yeah, a lot of the local people don't realize how expensive the hotel is, they call for a reservation then when they hear the price there is usually a pause before they just hang up. Lol. On a plus side we offer a free wine and beer hour, so that's a perk. He's a comedian, he was huge several years ago, now not so much. He hosted a show called Whose Line Is It Anyway. Hilarious.

I don't think I've ever had a job with so few hours. Even when I was 16 and working while in school I had at least 20 hours. But I guess that must be nice, and if you have no motivation why rock the boat? You people with your healthcare and public transportation. It's like a utopia over there. We have crappy public transportation that is never on schedule. I'm a good driver, very cautious. But even so I've been hit a few times. Actually I am really bad at video game driving, it really isn't comparable.

Ice-Cold Punk

Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99
Arya of Winterfell
Seph99

I prefer to let the spaghetti know whose boss. It can't exactly fight back when it's in a bowl.

Underfunding is a problem everywhere. There just isn't enough money. Yeah, a lot of the local people don't realize how expensive the hotel is, they call for a reservation then when they hear the price there is usually a pause before they just hang up. Lol. On a plus side we offer a free wine and beer hour, so that's a perk. He's a comedian, he was huge several years ago, now not so much. He hosted a show called Whose Line Is It Anyway. Hilarious.

I don't think I've ever had a job with so few hours. Even when I was 16 and working while in school I had at least 20 hours. But I guess that must be nice, and if you have no motivation why rock the boat? You people with your healthcare and public transportation. It's like a utopia over there. We have crappy public transportation that is never on schedule. I'm a good driver, very cautious. But even so I've been hit a few times. Actually I am really bad at video game driving, it really isn't comparable.
Let's just print MORE money then. That'll solve anything! Or... we'll end with money so devalued that it resembles current state of Gaia's market. Where everyone is a millionaire, but we're still poor! That must make for some fun reactions haha. Do you have to remind them to take deep breaths just in case they stopped after hearing the price? Instant heartattacks I'm sure. Dx Ah, I think I've seen that show, both the American variation and the British. : O

A lot of the time I do get the extra hours though, where I'm working upwards of 5 hours a day, so that actually feels like a hard day's work just about haha. I also didn't start my first job until I was 20, so I'm a bit late getting onto those whole 'work' thing. Shows just how lazy I am I guess. Is it easy to get around where you are on foot too, or is it pretty much just dominated by roads, making a car a necessity? I just fear if I get behind the wheel, very quickly things are going to resemble Grand Theft Auto. Dx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff