Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wistful Witch

[GS] Sailor Moon
OokamixHime
[GS] Sailor Moon
OokamixHime
[GS] Sailor Moon
Inuyasha is done! Kenshin is done! Just need to finish Anna's wig. The wig I bought and waited months for while it was on backorder came in and is just too short to do the loop bun, so I had to order wefts to finish that. Waiting on that order. Less than 2 months till Dragoncon! gonk

I felt your stress through the screen eek Hopefully it'll all come together for you

Wefts didn't work. It's all wrong and can't be fixed. I need a different wig and it's too late. I'm out of money gonk I'll just have to have short hair and make up a new style. I can't even do braids. It's too short to do anything. So sad

That's awful!
It would have been great if the wefts worked out. What sort of style do you think you'll try?

I've got the white streak in there and the braid on the top of her head. All I can do is pull the side pieces back to cover the braid ends and secure it with the ribbon she wears. The hair is to my shoulders, so that's about all my options are crying

Oh goodness eek
At least you got some key features like the white streak and ribbon but man is that trouble to deal with.

Angelic Shoujo

23,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Been a while since I was last here.

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
OokamixHime
Oh goodness eek
At least you got some key features like the white streak and ribbon but man is that trouble to deal with.

I did a bad thing. I ordered another wig to try again as a last effort. I have 4 weeks left. I couldn't really afford it, but it was going to bother me to no end if I didn't try. Why must I be a perfectionist while cosplaying? gonk Why do I do this to myself?

Wistful Witch

Magical Girl Rachiru-chan
OokamixHime
Oh goodness eek

I did a bad thing. I ordered another wig to try again as a last effort. I have 4 weeks left. I couldn't really afford it, but it was going to bother me to no end if I didn't try. Why must I be a perfectionist while cosplaying? gonk Why do I do this to myself?

It's okay, we've all got a perfectionist in us somewhere.
Is it easier just getting another wig or trying with some extensions? Though I think the extension might be hard with finding the matching shade

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
OokamixHime
OokamixHime
Oh goodness eek

Is it easier just getting another wig or trying with some extensions? Though I think the extension might be hard with finding the matching shade

Wig is 100% better. I'm a redhead and matching my red is difficult. Plus my hair is super fine and can frizz in the heat of Atlanta, GA. And I don't have bangs like Anna does. A wig is much easier to get the closest to her hair possible

Wistful Witch

OokamixHime
OokamixHime
Oh goodness eek

Wig is 100% better. I'm a redhead and matching my red is difficult. Plus my hair is super fine and can frizz in the heat of Atlanta, GA. And I don't have bangs like Anna does. A wig is much easier to get the closest to her hair possible

Oh yeah, that's very true. Also frizz so bad, especially with the heat/humidity emotion_donotwant
I really hope that other wig works out for you!

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
OokamixHime

Oh yeah, that's very true. Also frizz so bad, especially with the heat/humidity emotion_donotwant

I hope so too! It's going to arrive on Monday. I got the notice, so plenty of time to work with it. Even if it doesn't do the style I want, it's longer than the first one, so I will do something with it that's at least believable because it's about the length of her hair in the movie. It's also a similar style (as is and not styled) to the Frozen 2 trailer which kids have probably seen by now

Wistful Witch

OokamixHime

I hope so too! It's going to arrive on Monday. I got the notice, so plenty of time to work with it. Even if it doesn't do the style I want, it's longer than the first one, so I will do something with it that's at least believable because it's about the length of her hair in the movie. It's also a similar style (as is and not styled) to the Frozen 2 trailer which kids have probably seen by now

Sounds like it'll be a lot easier to work with!
Also sounds like a good time frame to work with it too if you have

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
OokamixHime

Wig arrived and I couldn't get it to style. Turns out both wigs were an open weft base instead of full mesh, so if you try and style them up there are open spaces/bald patches/etc. It's not good for styling updos. crying So sad! But it's longer than the other wig, so I'll use this instead anyway. Ended up doing a mash up of her coronation style with the braid headband and decorative ribbons in back and the one from the Frozen 2 trailer which is a half do. It's the best I have since the wig isn't able to be styled properly due to its design. At least it's not just me being a screw up

Wistful Witch

OokamixHime

Wig arrived and I couldn't get it to style. Turns out both wigs were an open weft base instead of full mesh, so if you try and style them up there are open spaces/bald patches/etc. It's not good for styling updos. crying So sad! But it's longer than the other wig, so I'll use this instead anyway. Ended up doing a mash up of her coronation style with the braid headband and decorative ribbons in back and the one from the Frozen 2 trailer which is a half do. It's the best I have since the wig isn't able to be styled properly due to its design. At least it's not just me being a screw up

Oh man that's unfortunate. But at least it's longer to work with in some style, plus it sounds a lot better than the first one so that's a plus.

Peaceful Senshi

6,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Married 100
OokamixHime

How did it go?

Magical Girl

12,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Waffles! 25
GS Sailor Neptune

How did it go?

Everything turned out as well as it could have. The wig wasn't styled properly obviously, but no one seemed to notice which made me feel better. Our cosplays were very popular 3nodding

Angelic Shoujo

23,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Good morning.

Divorced Bibliophile

12,375 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
Man it has been a while since I have been here. blaugh

Fragmented Senshi

51,575 Points
  • Fragmented Reflection 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Noble Shade 100
gaia_moon
I swear I'm alive! If I get some time tomorrow, and can get my head wrapped around some graphics, I can try to set up a Discord server.
classified_starseed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces