Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
Is it just me, or are black cats so much softer to the touch than any other cats?

In fact, a lot of animals with black fur tend to be softer than non-black members of their species. I have a black cat (and a cat that's black and white) and a black rabbit, and they're definitely softer than cats and bunnies of other colors I've petted. I've also petted black dogs and black rats as well as dogs and rats of other colors. It just seems that black fur is the softest fur. It isn't necessarily the same for human hair, though.

Anyone else agree with me? If you aren't sure and you have access to two animals of the same species, one black and one some other color, go ahead and go pet them both and come back and let me know if you find the same thing.

Dangerous Bunny

Demonic Hunter

I used to have a black cat before he ran away(we actually think our neighbors did something to him). He was so fluffy and soft and god I miss him emo

Tipsy Poster

I have a black cat, a white cat, and a black dog. I'd say the black animals are silkier, but the white cat is a big puffball of soft.
I've got a calico cat, and she's a lot silkier and softer than most other cats I've petted. She's not completely black, but a lot of her pattern is.

Naughty Nerd

41,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Jump Start Boot 100
backseat debutaunte
I have a black cat, a white cat, and a black dog. I'd say the black animals are silkier, but the white cat is a big puffball of soft.
Is the white cat a Persian? smile

Tipsy Poster

basselope7
backseat debutaunte
Is the white cat a Persian? smile

Nooo. Both of our kitties are DSH, but Sugar's coat is very different than any cat I've felt before.

Cuddly Grunny

36,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Not that I've noticed. My aunt's got a black cat, and my orange tabbycat's fur is softer. As is my white rabbit's. XD As my guinea pig is black, with really coarse fur. I've had numerous guinea pigs in various colors, and my current one has the coarsest fur. The softest one I've had was black and gray though (he was a peruvian with the long hair).

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
MY friend has a black cat Named Moonshine. It has the silkiest fur ever, Happy Friday the 12th everyone and may Anon and the Horror twins visit us and give us all a black cat of our own, Preferably with blood.

Reddel's Wife

Hot Wench

my black kitty is the only one that looks to cuddle with me out of the 5 i got

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
basselope7
Is it just me, or are black cats so much softer to the touch than any other cats?

In fact, a lot of animals with black fur tend to be softer than non-black members of their species. I have a black cat (and a cat that's black and white) and a black rabbit, and they're definitely softer than cats and bunnies of other colors I've petted. I've also petted black dogs and black rats as well as dogs and rats of other colors. It just seems that black fur is the softest fur. It isn't necessarily the same for human hair, though.

Anyone else agree with me? If you aren't sure and you have access to two animals of the same species, one black and one some other color, go ahead and go pet them both and come back and let me know if you find the same thing.
!Happy and safe Friday the 13th, black cat full moon Anon may we get a visit from the The Horror Twins with a freebie

Liberal Sex Symbol

i have a black dog ( not completely black) and her fur is a lot more silky than my other dogs but not softer

Vicious Reveler

I have noticed a lot of black cats are very soft... but I think it's mostly just that they are very well cared for! Also black fur tends to absorb a bit of heat which can make them feel warm to pet, I love that feeling.

My ginger and white cat is extremely soft. He's a long hair so I brush or comb him every day, which makes him even softer.

We have a black dog, and her fur is a little bit wirey to the touch, but also very shiny. She is lovely to pat, anyway. I think softness mostly depends on breed, diet, how well they're taken care of and if they end up with smaller or larger diameter of hair. Ooh, and age. Someone bought an 8 week old puppy into my work for me to play with, so ******** soft... it was amazing. It was like velvet but cuter and better. It had loose puppy skin and funny giant paws too.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I used to have a black cat, she was pretty antisocial and hid under beds a lot but when she'd come out and let me pet her her fur was super soft, especially compared to my current cat's. cat_3nodding
I had a cat who was white and gray, and he was the softest little marshmallow heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff