• Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
FireBubbles3
Nocturneous
FireBubbles3
AnibeI
FireBubbles3
They think they can make people like the site better but they just made it worst,
they should have a vote going on instead of "oh even if you dont like it where going to do it"
it should be what the members want not them,
even though ther the owners, we are the ones who enjoy the site and use it, AND the reason the site goes on.
(talking about the 75%)

Agreed.
The large majority of users don't like the new rally/ect.
and I know 90 percent of what I used to do on here was rally, but it's stupid, pointless, and annoying, to go to rally or virtual hollywood when you can't have a conversation with someone without spammers and 30 other conversations getting in your way.
I honestly think they're going to lose a lot of users to this.
and I hope they realize that while they're the owners, they aren't the ones who create the population of users. We are.

I didnt realize that nearly all the users hung out in Rally and that feature was the very epitome of Gaia. And if anything bad happened to it, users would be leaving in droves and Gaia would have nothing left. I would love to know where this information came from. Preferably from a credible source. lol
Sorry to burst into this conversation, but I felt that a mature stance on the changes was needed here. I dont know about you, but I certainly didnt enjoy that Rally/VH was full of holes that compromised Gaia's security as well as the security of the users. Im sure that Gaia didnt appreciate immature script kiddies messing around with the coding as if they owned the place. Rally/VH was getting upgraded for you all, to make it safer and secure. If you were creating flash worlds on your website, Im sure you wouldnt like people trying to mess it up and even figuring out holes in your platform that would endanger the site would you? I wouldnt like it at all.
To my knowledge, Gaia is still making improvements to Rally, especially to help friends find other friends. Instead of complaining about how something old, buggy and unsafe was better than a new system where everyone is much safer and harder for scripters to crack, make some suggestions as to what you want to see. I can assure you that Gaia is not going to throw away all their hard work done so far (its impossible for that matter anyway).

And now my thoughts to the topic at hand. There's NOTHING funny about making jokes about rape or murder. NOTHING edgy or cool about it. Im really ashamed at users that believe that Gaia is trying to spoil their fun by cracking down on these rules. Yeah there's free speech, but there's the kind of free speech that will make people look at you like you're a crazy a*****e. Its like saying "OMG BOMB!!!!" in an airport as a joke. Sure, you can say it. But do you really think the authorities are going to see it automatically as a joke too? If the police wouldnt take rape or murder threats as a joke, what makes the mods and staff see any different? Every comment like that must be taken seriously, and if getting banned on the site or even having the police knock on your door is what it takes for you to learn, then so be it.

Wow. Uhm. Where to start.
First of all, we weren't telling gaia to 'throw it all away' or anything of the like. We were just voicing our dislike.
Second of all, it's easier to fix glitches in script than re-doing everything, so I'm sure they had other reasons yes,but that doesn't mean we have to like it or that we can't voice our dislike.
Third, most of the people I've met go in rally at least once in a while, and use the private rooms. Now they're gone and replaced by clustered rooms that lag even more.
I didn't ever say they were going to lose droves of people and have nothing left. I said quite a few people would quit. There's still quite a few users on Gaia, too. Sorry you need to feel the need assume stuff like that.
and lastly, there's still holes: I can't ignore people, and there's a lot more spammers. (Who I can't ignore -.-)
I was way better with trolls creating odd-roomed names and walking on roofs and such than spammers who I can't ignore, thanks, and at least I could carry out a conversation before.
Also, half the time it doesn't load and you have to refresh it. It didn't do this before. Probably from configuring the large amount of avatars lurking around in one room, and messages being sent at once.
We have our opiniona, you have yours. Woop de doop.

I agree with you on the jokes matter, though.

kaafee's Problem

Sexy Bro

23,425 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Aujean
for those of you whining about freedom of speech.. do you actually know what freedom of speech means? zz..

agreed arrow

Conservative Citizen

3,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
siskataya
e) Making threats against government officials.

emotion_donotwant
Race.
That's a basic one...
yup...

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Member 100

High-functioning Lunatic

I will obey the rules!

Malevolent Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I'm rather disappointed that Gaia even has to point this out, but then again the loud people on the internet that talk about these topics in a way that can be hurtful to other people have disappointed me since the day they appeared. confused

Lunatic

dats sum scary shyt if they weren't joking...

Sex Symbol

Count Bartleby Peabody
siskataya

emotion_donotwant

Thanks, Obama

emotion_donotwant

Benevolent Tipper

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Count Bartleby Peabody
siskataya

emotion_donotwant

emotion_kirakira

Bashful Hunter

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Friendly Sweetheart

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
lol
That's not hard to do. It's not like I make jokes like that anyways xd
I love being a "goody-goody" sometimes... Altough, it was never bad being a "goody-goody" xd

I mean, what's wrong with people? That's just horrible :/

ShiroNeko3's Bride

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The only thing that ever bothered me about these rules is the meme must be changed to "I'm 13 and what is this". Doesn't have the same ring to it at all, one too many syllables. .-.
Then again, it doesn't bother me as much because comments are supposed to be of PG-13 content. Meh I guess that's why I don't frequent Gaia as much as I used to.

*Obligatory "f*ck the police" comment.*

Sex Symbol

Cb's sense of humour is....

more 'refined'

we cant help it

now theres rules against it

no more "ur mom is in my basement" jokes i guess....

emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces