Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Hunter

At first, I honestly got worried; I didn't think I would receive a private message like this at all! I thought it was some kind of scam, to be honest. It just seemed outright suspicious. I don't know if that's because I have the tendency to be paranoid, or if it was just a dishonorable act to begin with.

I don't understand how something like this would be looked at in a positive sense?
I've read that there are many users who ignore announcements, so a lot of people have been thinking that PM's are a way of diverting this issue. But it only creates more animosity. For those of us who have reported the GCash as spam, we have been told to "simply delete" the message. Which, yes, that is perfectly sensible, but if the whole reasoning behind the PM in the first place was an attempt at getting users to pay direct attention to GCash sales instead of simply skimming through announcements - I don't get it? It definitely has the adverse affect.
whose absolutely brilliant idea was it to come up with this ridiculous spam in a flash pm thing?

it's one of the worst things i've ever seen here and i'm extremely unhappy to put it mildly

i've already ad-blocked gaia
disabled the free cash offers
my announcement bubble will forever remain at 10
and pm notifications have been disabled, i will NEVER check them as long as this continues

honestly i would LOVE to support gaia financially but why should i care about you when you don't care about me?

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Than you for acknowledging our concerns.

Gaia cash ad PMs make me want to break my 700-dollar-laptop and swear off G-cash for life.

Cute new items, however, strongly encourage me to purchase G-cash.

I'm also unimpressed with the 30% off sale. It doesn't even affect me because I buy (I rarely do because Gaia's being too pushy and it puts me off) with my mobile.
Make the sale apply to mobile too, or make it less frequent, and you'll make more profit off it.

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Feedback should not be required to know that this was a terribly stupid idea.

I know I'm wasting my time and the marketing team/higher-ups aren't actually interested in user feedback anymore, but if you want to know how to fix this, then start treating your users like intelligent customers whose money should be earned with quality site development and stability, user-focused features and just a little respeeeeect.

You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

Feisty Buddy

I'm not a fan of how many announcements have been thrown out here
for GCash sales but for the people that actually take advantage of them I can see it as a reasonable thing.

However I do not agree with being PM'd about GCash sales. Especially with no option to opt out of it.
I buy a little GCash here from time to time and I find this very annoying to see my inbox being spammed like this.
And that's exactly what it is, spam.

Why don't you just make a little interactive to go in the header for whenever there's a GCash flash sale?
100% Guarantee that everyone can see it. It's easily accessible and fairly non-intrusive.
And have it link to a page styled like an event page, but keep it as a permanent one that tells you
what the current flash sales percent is with the time left counter you've already implemented.

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

I don't even think you need a feedback thread - just look at all the complaint threads made in SF over this...

It's sort of annoying when you're talking to your friends and one pops up. :/ I got like, three in the space of a few hours last night.

It's cool we get personalized GC offers [even though they're not really different from sitewide ones] but surely there must be an easier way. Like a little pet or something that appears at the top when a personalized offer is available.
Someone brought up a very good point in one thread I saw earlier today. Make ALL announcements regarding GC sales optional for users. That way, people who want to know when Cash is going cheap will know, and those who never buy cash won't get bombarded with announcements and PM's.
Feedback? You want feedback?

Okay, here's my feedback:

On a scale of 1 to 10 for terrible ideas, with 10 being the worst, flooding users' inboxes was gcash ads comes in at 100.

Seriously Gaia Staff, do you not remember the outrage that the Oink PM caused? Did you honestly expect this sort of stunt to be welcomed with open arms by Gaians, who already watched the announcements and staff alerts get desecrated by advertisements to the point where we're now getting 10+ "announcements" per day?

And if you think that this sticky is going to stop SF (and GCD) from getting filled with threads complaining about the pm spam (and yes, it is spam. Don't try to deny it. It even looks like spam!) from the admin, you should probably prepare yourselves for disappointment.

But as the Zen Master says, "We'll see."
If Gaia were less obnoxious about cash offers, I'd spend more money on it.

Greedy Noob

This is the stupidest thing I've received. I thought the announcements were terrible.This is just a way of spamming our inboxes and it's ridiculous. You need to stop this immediately and not everyone cares for such a stupid event.

Manly Noob

10,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Kindly grab these PM announcements by the horns and ram it up your arse.

Omnipresent Cleric

11,000 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
Hate, hate, hate them. I use the app most of the time and it crashes every time I delete a PM so it got pretty annoying getting those. On top of that, when I buy cash it's through UGC (though will have to find the other cards soon). The "xx% off gaia cash!" is already amazingly annoying enough (especially since it seems we have 4-6 flash sales a day. Just an estimation, I click right through those and gold gen announcements). If Gaia had the option to skip the spam PMs I would check the option to NEVER EVER get ad PMs. The announcements are horrible already and judging from the threads in SF, no one wants their inboxes invaded, didn't you remember people getting annoyed by [GAIA] Dash's PMs?

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Pussywillow Tree
Take what you see as an influx of anger in the site feedback and do something about it, please. We do not want our inbox being bombarded by SPAM simply because Gaia's newer people in charge are only worried about the money. Go back to the older days when you showed that you cared about the users, not just their money. Please quit spamming us. It's becoming unbearable.

Edit: A helpful hint: Site Feedback will go back to normal once the head honchos decide to fix the situation. Unless trying to wrench us of all that we are worth is far more important to the staff than their users enjoying the website.

Also, where is the announcement or staff update apologizing to us for this? Surely the staff and admin realize that they have angered the majority of their user base.

I'd like an apology as well.
I was expecting one last time this happened with NPC Dash, but I was willing to let it go when they never apologized simply because they didn't do it again (until now.)

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
Zanark Avalonic
Zero Omega
Hey everyone,

We'd love to gather some more feedback about the Gaia Cash PMs that are being sent out. At the same time, we'd love to also get feedback from other users regarding anything else on Gaia Online. Right now we understand your feedback regarding the Gaia Cash PMs are dominating Site Feedback, trust us, we hear you. In order to keep all the feedback in one place and get a better grasp on the feedback you wish to offer, please leave your feedback regarding these PMs in this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

I've gotten 3 of the PM's and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

One more and I'm logging off for the day.

One was enough, two was irritating, three is getting on my nerves.

Why did admin think it was a good idea to implement this and we can't even report it for spam without "abusing the report system". Admin can abuse the PM feature but if we even DARE get fed up with spam we get slapped on the wrist and told not to report it.

It's pure hypocrisy.

Uhh... not everywhere does the idea of "no one is above the law" exist. Gaia is one of those places, and has implied it in their ToS. They can do whatever the hell they please.

BUT, just because they can doesn't mean they should. I'm with everyone here, this is just ridiculous. These PMs shouldn't exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff