Welcome to Gaia! ::

1 100.0% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

6,750 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
Actually, I'm not American. I'm Canadian.
I'm on an American food kick right now because I'm craving protein and lots of it. I've had stir fry and pizza and I forget what else, but no meat centric dishes for a few days. And I had a tiny piece of steak that was in the fridge, and now I'm craving it like mad.

Questionable Ghost

31,625 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
Why might you think that? I dunno, but my vote is for you being a bigoted asstard.
Who's to say the darkened sky must lead to rain?
I'm from England and I know fat people..

And when I went to USA, it wasn't full of obese people...then again..LA.. confused

Who's to point a finger at what's not understood?

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
chikai-ru
`WiiTDs
That would make me the first European chef on this forums and I intend to make myself available for people to talk to about their culinary needs.

American.
But going to culinary school in London.
Since when did this forum have to be a sterotype of people laying on couches stuffing their faces with junk?
acording to the sticky if its offensive you can have it deleted.
This place is dominated by Americans because it was made by Americans. I did know that Colorado was the healthiest state.

America may have a high obesity rate, but it also has many athletes.
â™  Americans dominate this forum because Americans dominate Gaia. Dee dee dee. â™ 

Benevolent Phantom

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sher!ock
rolleyes

I'm sure we know.

No we don't know and you haven't told us. You have made some offensive implications based upon VERY flawed logic. Hopefully this isn't indicative of your reasoning abilities.

Quote:

But anyways, I guess this thread is to compare the eating habits of different countries and why one might think this subforum is dominated by Americans.

The logical reason based upon the facts of the matter are, as has been stated, that Americans dominate Gaia so logically Americans would dominate this and any other sub forum.

Quote:
While on the topic of different countries' eating habits, I suppose it'd be appropriate to mention that my Japanese friend and I always joke around when we're making food together saying things with Asian-ish accents like, "You make da sushi! I make da rice!"

You aren't actually on any topic at all. All you've done is thrown out some offensive implications without saying anything nor have you provided any evidence to back up your implications. I'm afraid you've only proven that you have poor reasoning skills while managing to offend a great many people.
Americans dominate Gaia??? wow most of my gaian Friends are from England and Belgum. of course I am american. I also am close to heavy for my build. what can I say I love good food. and it dosen't hurt that I know how to cook it myself.
Probably because I imagine the majority of people on gaia are American? I know people from all over the world are here but I still bet Americans are the majority.

Just because someone is foodie doesn't mean they're obese. Being American doesn't mean you're obese (not that there aren't some stacked odds compared to other countries).

I love this forum for the ethnic food discussions and also for people talking about clean eating and fitness type things. Until this forum came out I never realized how much I would love a fitness sub-forum. For talking about how we eat and working out!

But whatever, trolling got you some attention. Good job.
I think that I gonna have to agree with dangerousfish. now that she (at least I think it's a she) mentions it it makes all kinds of sence to me.
Inscriven
People too easily confuse "Western cuisine" with American. The crap Americans eat is no more different that pretty much all of Europe.
Well, now it's becoming more like the food that we eat here (the U.S.) In other words, they are beginning to process and package way more, which isn't good. Anyway, it's our eating habits more than the food. The French, for example, used to have 2 hr lunch breaks and this is how it worked:
breakfast = light (coffee/hot cocoa, toast w/jam and maybe some fruit)
lunch = HUGE (several courses - salad, meat/fish, veggies, cheese and then dessert)
dinner = not as huge (omlette, maybe some meat, dessert etc. - not too much)

So.....point is, lunch is big so you burn it off and get energy and dinner is smaller so that you don't go to sleep and store all of that fat. Also, you can eat almost anything you want, but you have to have everything in moderation...
Just a Shark
I never eat fast food. Or microwave meals. Or trans fat. Or hydrogenated oils. Not to mention the fact that I never DRINK soda, gatorade, or other energy drinks. I've never gone on a diet, and I don't plan to. I don't have an eating disorder. I'm not obese, I'm not anorexic. And I'm American. Let's try not to stereotype, please?
umm, that's a diet.
Sailor Mnemosyne
How 'bout we roast up us a beaver with some bacon n' maple syrup, eh?

Americans dominate the forums, and there, the most common foods discussed are Asian in orientation.

As for eating habits: What's up with those Mexicans? All those crazy eatin' patterns! Looney people! I've always wanted to visit and attempt to follow that sort of routine. And dabble in the cuisine. My foods teacher last semester explained that it's a much healthier routine for eating.

what are you talking about? we eat just like everyone else, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and maybe a few snacks in between.
well i hate to say this cuz im an american but there are alot of fat peple n america and well duh they like food... were i comeform and in my state we have the fatest 5th graders.... it was proven

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff