• Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Do you make your own pizza?
******** yes I do.

Is the dough from scratch?
Hell yes.

Is the sauce from scratch?
Sometimes. Sometimes I'll do a doctored store bought. Depends on the time of year and how quickly I want to eat my pizza. Also depends on whether I grew amish paste tomatoes and romas or not. About the only thing I don't grow myself for fresh made sauce is the black pepper and the garlic. sweatdrop

Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt.
I have actually done this. And it is ******** delicious. Weep tears at my homemade mozz. If you get proper rennet, it's actually really easy to make. Just know the curd to cheese process can get a bit hot (yer dealing with cheese in a few degrees below boiling water with s**t gloves...it actually gets VERY hot). The brining process to flavor the cheese is honestly the easiest part (and least painful...unless you get salt water in your eye. Then everything hurts).

Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag?
Bit of a combo. Sometimes I want my mozzarella to be in cubes (especially for margherita pizza), so I buy it in a ball and cut it up. But usually it's from a bag for the gooey cheese. Then add some fresh shredded parm and asiago for some bite. I should really think of adding some shredded edam to it. I hear that's a good combo.

What type of cheese do you use?
Primarily mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, and romano. Thinking of adding edam or an aged gouda sometime.

What are your favorite combos?
I'm boring in I like it with just cheese or pepperoni. Also like fresh herbs on my pizza. Mmm...fresh basil and oregano. And chicken with herbs and garlic on a white sauce pizza is good. Also, pimento cheese spread on a pizza (no sauce cuz it's kinda runny) with diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, shredded chicken, and jalepeno slices is banging. If I could get a meat grinder and sausage casing thing (I forgot the name cuz I suck), I'd make my own damn sausage for 'em.

Having worked pizza counter at this store (I made the pizzas and got to do my own creations to sell by the slice), I've made some real strange ones that sold like nuts. Jambalaya pizza flew off the shelf (I still can't figure out why. And some lady came up and ordered a whole large jambalaya pizza after trying a slice. Talk about a weird day), and people were really into the sushi themed pizza I did (with teeny tiny baby shrimp that were cooked cuz ew otherwise). That one had shredded daikon for the 'cheese' and a teriyaki glaze for the sauce, sesame seeds worked into the dough, the baby shrimp, mizuna mustard greens, and some shredded seaweed rice topper. I honestly can't fathom why that sold so well. Then there was THE MEATIEST pizza where I just went over to the deli (this was in a supermarket and the chef area was located in the deli) and took up all the end pieces of Italian meats (they'd have been tossed anyway, so meh no real loss if it didn't go over well), chopped 'em up, and tossed them on your run of the mill pizza. That one was a no brainer. Sold all slices in under five minutes. There were s'mores pizzas, fruit dessert pizzas with mascarpone cheese, taco pizzas, hamburger pizzas (that everyone kept saying tasted exactly like a big mac and I still to this day don't know if that's a compliment or not), different variations on traditional pizzas, margherita pizzas, hawaiian pizzas, barbeque pizzas (both pork and chicken varieties), vegetarian pizzas. About the only road I never went down was macaroni pizza, and that was only because I did not have access to macaroni and cheese.

Make me pizza plz i promise i won't spook kids on halloween
Beg nicely.

Vicious Reveler

I half way make my own pizza sometimes. I use pizza bases instead of making my own dough, and I don't make my own sauce either. I just add the sauce and my own toppings.

Usually I buy my cheese in blocks. I sometimes use Tasty, sometimes Edam. For pizza I might mix some mozzarella in with the main cheese.

The base I use tomato paste and maybe a bit of something else like HP sauce or whatever. I like putting lots of cheese and salami, onions, capsicum, mushrooms and mixed herbs.

Prophet

I work at Domino's sooooooo......yeah I do that.

Do you make your own pizza? yup.
Is the dough from scratch? yup.
Is the sauce from scratch? yup.
Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt. kinda.
Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag? bag.
What type of cheese do you use? mozz.
What are your favorite combos? bacon, onion, pepperoni, white american cheese, and a hint of parmesam assiago to make the bacon less crunchy and the crust cheesy. Or garlic parmesan philly steak. Mmmmmmmmm.

Timid Tycoon

14,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
GhostlyMark
For the past month i've been craving New York style pizza and it's gotten to the point where i'm learning how to make pizza, watching her how to make this nice looking pizza, and i'm stuck on a subreddit called /r/pizza where people show off their homemade pizza....man i want some pizza

Discuss:

Yeah, I go to pizza hut and I buy these boxes that are warm and smell really good. Then I take them home and wave my hand over the box a couple of times and say some magic words, and when I open a box a pizza is magically there! It's worked all my life

Girl-Crazy Kitten

GhostlyMark

My family and I make pizza from scratch. We make the dough ourselves...my mom and dad make their own sauce but us kids use pre-made stuff. We used to buy blocks of fresh mozz' but now we get shredded...(BLOCKS OF FRESH MOZZ' ARE SO GOOD, GO WITH BLOCKS, ALWAYS)

This is less of a combo (my fave is sausage, so there aren't a lot of "combos" per se) and more of a tip, but...garlic salt sprinkled over your pizza with whatever toppings you like is heavenly. Rub olive oil on your crust and sprinkle garlic salt over that too. So good.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
i love making my own pizza.
Only thing i make from scratch though is the crust and I add butter and garlic to it.

In fact Im making pizza tonight...BBQ Chicken Pizza. (my favorite kind to make!)
For that kind i use bagged Casserole cheese. Its a blend of a few different kinds. But i usually use bagged mozzarella.

I also enjoy making Pepperoni and Bacon pizza with extra bacon! lol

Invisible Humorist

fauness
GhostlyMark

My family and I make pizza from scratch. We make the dough ourselves...my mom and dad make their own sauce but us kids use pre-made stuff. We used to buy blocks of fresh mozz' but now we get shredded...(BLOCKS OF FRESH MOZZ' ARE SO GOOD, GO WITH BLOCKS, ALWAYS)

This is less of a combo (my fave is sausage, so there aren't a lot of "combos" per se) and more of a tip, but...garlic salt sprinkled over your pizza with whatever toppings you like is heavenly. Rub olive oil on your crust and sprinkle garlic salt over that too. So good.

ehh...i don't know i've had pizza with a garlic-like crust and the taste was overwhelming

Invisible Humorist

Sakura Takafumi
i love making my own pizza.
Only thing i make from scratch though is the crust and I add butter and garlic to it.

In fact Im making pizza tonight...BBQ Chicken Pizza. (my favorite kind to make!)
For that kind i use bagged Casserole cheese. Its a blend of a few different kinds. But i usually use bagged mozzarella.

I also enjoy making Pepperoni and Bacon pizza with extra bacon! lol

you're killing me emotion_drool

Girl-Crazy Kitten

GhostlyMark
fauness
GhostlyMark

ehh...i don't know i've had pizza with a garlic-like crust and the taste was overwhelming

idea ! Solution: sprinkle with a light hand. You're in control of how garlicky the crust turns out. If even that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, though, nothing I can do. It's just my personal preference.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
fauness
GhostlyMark
fauness
GhostlyMark

idea ! Solution: sprinkle with a light hand. You're in control of how garlicky the crust turns out. If even that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, though, nothing I can do. It's just my personal preference.
Basting brush works too. That's what I use with a little butter and garlic salt. (and sometimes Parmesan cheese whee )

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ugh, I am so lazy when it comes to making pizza. Store-bought dough, store-bought sauce, pre-shredded cheese. My dad makes an excellent pizza sauce, but I haven't gotten his recipe yet.

I usually load my pizza with veggies. Mushrooms, peppers, onions, broccoli. I sauté it all with a ton of garlic, then spread it all over the pizza. If I'm not sharing with Mr. Picky Husbeast, I use pesto instead of a tomato sauce. Its quite the garlic overload, but personally I can never get enough garlic!
GhostlyMark
For the past month i've been craving New York style pizza and it's gotten to the point where i'm learning how to make pizza, watching her how to make this nice looking pizza, and i'm stuck on a subreddit called /r/pizza where people show off their homemade pizza....man i want some pizza

Discuss:

Whenever buying cheese, regardless of what it's used for, buy blocks.
If you haven't tried to grow your own tomatoes already, it's fun and easy! Homemade sauce is great. Pizza is good for your soul, especially when it's made from scratch.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
GhostlyMark

Rarely.

Publix bought.

No.

Who eats cheese? Ew. Not your mother, not your milk.

Shredded.

Mozzarella, usually.

Veggies, vegan sausage.
P much any kind of veggies and tempeh.
Artichoke, spinach and aubergine.

Quote:

No fun in not scaring people.
xXFurygeistXx
... Thinking of adding edam or an aged gouda sometime.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff