Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl

Do you make your own pizza?
Yeees, but only occasionally, it takes forever.

Is the dough from scratch?
Yes, yeast and all.

Is the sauce from scratch?
Kind of, for the most part. I make mines from canned crushed tomatoes and add onto that. I have my own recipe for tomato sauce; I can post it if you want.

Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt.
I SQUEEZE MILK FROM MY COWS.

Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag?
Both.

What type of cheese do you use?
A lot, but not all at once. I usually change it up. I mostly use mozzarella Parmesan, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, and feta cheese.

What are your favorite combos?
There's this pizza place called Bottoms Up near where I live and they sell "Chesapeake Pizza" which is basically fresh crab meat with cream sauce and some cheeses (I don't know what type). It sounds weird, but it's sooo good. I have the weirdest taste in toppings when it comes to pizza.

Make me pizza plz i promise i won't spook kids on halloween
I feel like making nectarine pie. (Which I'm gonna do today, yaasss)

Shadowy Enchantress

29,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
My dad makes homemade pizza from scratch. Dough and everything. It's not bad, but the crust is a little thin. User Image

Invisible Humorist

RayneJade
My dad makes homemade pizza from scratch. Dough and everything. It's not bad, but the crust is a little thin. User Image

He needs a better dough recipe

Invisible Humorist

IlmSoWhiteLOL
Yeees, but only occasionally, it takes forever.

What makes it long for you?

Quote:
Kind of, for the most part. I make mines from canned crushed tomatoes and add onto that. I have my own recipe for tomato sauce; I can post it if you want.

I wanted to make my sauce like that since i don't wanna buy good tomatoes but i wouldn't know how to preserve it. Yes gimme recipe

Quote:
I SQUEEZE MILK FROM MY COWS.

LIES

Liberal Receiver

GhostlyMark
Jason0690
Quote:

Yus. It's delish. Usually had Spinach, ricotta, sausage, broccoli florets, asiago, Parmesan, romano, Mozzarella/Provolone, oven roasted garlic, oven roasted onions and sometimes sauce. In summer it has fresh thyme, basil, and chives. Sometimes I'll put oven or fire roasted tomatoes on instead of sauce, and sometimes, if I have them, I'll put fire or oven roasted peppers.
Quote:

Not usually. I have made it from scratch in the past, but it's actually more economical for me to buy the less than 2$ dough from the supermarket, as a packet of yeast(which only makes two medium to small pizza doughs or one large ********.) is 50 cents, and flour is about 2.50 to 5.00 for 5 lb.(about 3.33 cups, in a lb) in which you use 2 cups flour.(In other words, you get about 8 gigantic pizzas or 16 smallish medium.)
Keeping in mind you also need sugar, honey, or some other type of sugar - about 2tsp for the yeast to feed on - which I don't usually have.
Then there's the stuff I have on hand no matter what - oil, salt, water.
Add in my time, and potential to slack off and/or forget that I need to get off my a** and make the dough, it's cheaper to just buy it.
Also, yeast eventually dies and unless you proof it first, you won't know for sure.
Quote:

Sometimes! But rather rarely. Since I have no method of preserving the sauce other than freezing(which has it's pitfalls.) it's usually a make it as it's used deal. It also takes about five hours to make.(Blanching the tomatoes, peeling the skins when no longer the temperature of hell, mashing, slow boil with spices, cooling.)
Quote:

I'd love to try and make my own cheese, just to say I did.
Quote:

Depends on what is on sale. Usually the Romano, Asiago, and Parmesan is grated though. It's not very common to find whole bricks of any the three in regular stores.
Quote:

Asiago, Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella or Provolone.
Quote:

I don't like soggy pizzas where the cheese falls off in one sheet because of lots of sauce. So anything with lots of sauce is no.
I prefer "white pizzas" because of this. Usually the ricotta has an egg mixed in to stiffen the cheese when baked, leading to less cheese falling off in one giant sheet.
I personally almost always have a white pizza with spinach and sausage.
Quote:

Dude, I just made pizza this passing week, I can't feed pizza to my family every week.

wait if you're buying dough then why do you need yeast?

I don't sweatdrop I was price comparing, apparently I failed.

Girl

GhostlyMark

What makes it long for you?

Making the dough and waiting for it to rise and then rolling it out (the dough takes ages to stretch out for some reason). And then making the sauce and cutting all the ingredients like the olives, mushrooms, etc.

GhostlyMark
I wanted to make my sauce like that since i don't wanna buy good tomatoes but i wouldn't know how to preserve it. Yes gimme recipe

I had to write the directions out since I only had the ingredients. gonk

1 medium to large onion
Half of a medium green pepper
1 1/2 medium carrots
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/3 cup red wine (I don't use the "cooking" wine. If you can't get regular wine, use red wine vinegar)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
20 - 24 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 Bay leaves
Rosemary
Basil
Parsley
1/3 cup of Heavy Cream

I add the chopped onion, green pepper, and carrot, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil to the pan and cook on medium low heat until the onion is soft and browned. Then I add the wine and let that cook for a minute before adding the crushed tomatoes and the bay leaf. Then I add the rosemary, parsley, and basil and cook that at low heat (covered) for 10 - 15 minutes. After that I let it cool just a bit before blending everything together. I pour it back into the pan and add the heavy cream and some salt and pepper (if I need anymore).

GhostlyMark
LIES

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Do you make your own pizza? All the time, usually about once a month.

Is the dough from scratch? Yup. Pizza dough is super easy and a great beginner bread.

Is the sauce from scratch? We usually just do olive oil and garlic instead of sauce. On the off chance we use a white sauce or red sauce we usually just buy it, but I think I did make my own bechlemel once?

Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt. No. Though I head mozzarella is really easy to make at home. Maybe some day.

Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag? Shredded cheese, yo. Ain't no body got time for that.

What type of cheese do you use? We usually stick to mozzarella but I usually top it off with some parm. I've done goat or feta cheese before, which is great with the right toppings.

What are your favorite combos? Our old standby is spinach and mushrooms with olive oil and vinegar and then maybe some sundried tomatoes or olives or sausage. I did make a badass two mushroom and caramelized onion pizza not too long ago.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
when i'm lazy i order pizza but when i feel like cooking i make pizza
i'm making pizza tmrw 4 family n boyfriend actually!!!!

i make the dough from scratch, sometimes i buy sauce alrdy made. i use a block of mozarella cheese and use the grater thingy

Hellraiser

Yes
Homemade dough and sauce
emotion_drool

Invisible Humorist

Sopiyu
when i'm lazy i order pizza but when i feel like cooking i make pizza
i'm making pizza tmrw 4 family n boyfriend actually!!!!

i make the dough from scratch, sometimes i buy sauce alrdy made. i use a block of mozarella cheese and use the grater thingy

lol the little bear in your sig is dancing to the song i'm listening to

Invisible Humorist

ectogasm
Yes
Homemade dough and sauce
emotion_drool

i envy you :c

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I have made it before.

Yes. This is the most fun part really.

No, I like ranch pizza more than tomato sauce pizza.

It was at one point possibly. I just can't take credit for it.

Shredded.

Provolone or Mozzarella.

Ranch dressing, Provolone, Bacon, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms and sometimes black olives when I'm feeling different.

Where's the fun in that???

Bashful Bookworm

I work at a pizza place and make pizza almost on a daily basis.
As for actual pizza at home, no.
I mostly don't like being bothered with making the dough, and absolutely refuse to buy crust but make the rest. BI
Not to mention because I work at a pizza place, I get free pizza almost whenever I like.

Hellraiser

GhostlyMark
ectogasm
Yes
Homemade dough and sauce
emotion_drool

i envy you :c

It's quite easy.
My mom and I make pizza all the time
3nodding

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Do you make your own pizza? Sure do!
Is the dough from scratch? Yessir
Is the sauce from scratch? Yesss~!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag? I do a pretty even mix of both. I guess I prefer shredded cheese cause I am busy making everything else.
What type of cheese do you use? ALL THE CHEESE But this one is my favorite~~~
What are your favorite combos? Pepperoni, Mushrooms, and fresh garlic.
I probably would if I knew the location to deliver my pizza.

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces