Welcome to Gaia! ::

what's your reaction to my dilema?

'ah! i know just the recipie!' 0.54838709677419 54.8% [ 17 ]
HAHAHAHAHA!! 0.38709677419355 38.7% [ 12 ]
whatever...let her live off frozen dinners for the rest of her life! 0.064516129032258 6.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

thanks to thatguy20, mikiba, kiancha, sai-kun, yourouzoku, eatpeoples. it's too hard to thank you all indiviually. gonk

i can't wait to try all of these suggestions out!
No problem ^^
An easy one is a Chicken Rotini that I've made.

What you need:
Rotini (or desired pasta)
Small pack of chicken breast OR Ground Chicken
Spices/Herbs--basil or anything you like
Garlic (if you want)
Onion
Bell Peppers
*Any vegetables that you like*
Cheese
1 Jar of Alfredo sauce (some comes in flavoured. I tend to use Garlic Alfredo 'cuz I love garlic!)

Instruction:

Cut chicken breast into small pieces/small slices.
Throw them all into a bowl and add A LITTLE bit of corn startch or flour to make it more tender/smooth. Mix it well, then add a little bit of spices and cooking oil (ie. basil, garlic, parsley... your choice). Mix it around, and set it aside.

Cut all the vegetables, and a couple cloves of garlic, and some onions.

Meanwhile, heat up your pasta, drain and set aside.

In a deep pan/pot, add a few spoons of cooking oil and let it heat on medium to high heat. When it's WELL-heated, add the chopped garlic and onion into the pan until brown.

Add all of the chicken and the rest of the chopped vegetables, then let it cook in medium heat. (Kind of like a stir fry).

When the chicken is done, throw in the pasta, immediately followed by the jar of alfredo sauce. Toss it around, add spices, grate cheese, and serve.

IT SOUNDS lengthy, but it's actually really easy. You can even cut up/marinade the chicken the night before too. I'm a college student and I still manage to have time to make this delicious dish!
Go to the vegetable section of your store and buy some "Green Giant - Create a meal Stir Frey" and some "Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Get a Frying pan and fill it half way up with water, Put 2....3 strips of chicken tenders into the frying pan, frozen or non frozen and boil them until the inside is no longer pink (you can check this by cutting one in half). Pull them out of the pan and dice them up. Get rid of the excess water that you used to boil your chicken in.

Now with the same frying pan put in your diced up chicken, the bag of vegetables (or just half depending on how much you want to cook) as well as a good spoonful of butter or olive oil. Inside the bag of vegetables they will have a separate packet which will have this frozen gooey stuff in it, plop that gooey stuff in the center of your chicken and vegetables and then turn your stove on medium and fry it all together. ((Its easy, just use a spatula and stir it around a couple times until its boiling or when the vegetables are hot.)) ------- put your stir fry off to the side

Get a small pot and fill it up with water, put in 1/2 to 1 cup of white rice in it. Turn the stove to medium and watch it cook, stir it every so often so that it dosent stick to the bottom of the pan. Every once in awhile taste it until it soft and easy to chew... Drain out the extra water.

Place rice in a bowl, pour some soy sauce over the rice and then put a bunch of your stir fry on top and enjoy ^_^

Yummy! and it comes in different flavors
I'm not Mexican, but here is a suggestion

Tortilla bread ( circle please)

Tomato sauce( try chunky)You can try salsa

Chicken or beef or pork( Get at the deli in sticks, or just boil and slice sausage)

Cheese( Mexican is great)

lettuce( get at deli and then slice into thin strips)

optional: diced tomato, peppers, egg

Now get tortilla bread and spread sauce over one side, mostly in the center.
Arrange the insides also in the center.
Fold top and the bottom sides one sixth of the way.
Wrap left to right
You can microwave for 5 seconds.
EAT biggrin
` n e o d a x
I'm not Mexican, but here is a suggestion

Tortilla bread ( circle please)

Tomato sauce( try chunky)You can try salsa

Chicken or beef or pork( Get at the deli in sticks, or just boil and slice sausage)

Cheese( Mexican is great)

lettuce( get at deli and then slice into thin strips)

optional: diced tomato, peppers, egg

Now get tortilla bread and spread sauce over one side, mostly in the center.
Arrange the insides also in the center.
Fold top and the bottom sides one sixth of the way.
Wrap left to right
You can microwave for 5 seconds.
EAT biggrin

Tortilla bread? I hope you mean fajita skins.... sweatdrop
sboo99
thatguy20
Start off with simple foods such as chicken and rice. When you can master basics like that, feel free to start making variations on those foods.

However, if you consistently screw up food, you're hopeless. No amount of non-professional help could ever save you.

How is chicken simple? gonk

Little butter and oil in a pan, heat it up. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Cook until done.
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20
Start off with simple foods such as chicken and rice. When you can master basics like that, feel free to start making variations on those foods.

However, if you consistently screw up food, you're hopeless. No amount of non-professional help could ever save you.

Little butter and oil in a pan, heat it up. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the pan. Cook until done.

I see how cooking it is easy, but seasoning is difficult for me. Salt and pepper for seasoning ONLY? You've got to be kidding....
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

I see how cooking it is easy, but seasoning is difficult for me. Salt and pepper for seasoning ONLY? You've got to be kidding....

I swear to god. That is all you need for pretty much anything: steak, potatoes, pork, whatever.
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

Actually he's right... Salt and Pepper is all you really need... unless your a spice nut like me... I lOVE whats called "Spike" thats some good stuff!

As for the "how is chicken simple?" question... its all in how you do it really. If you look up to my first post about stir fry I go through the steps on how i fry up chicken.... its the quickest, and easiest way i have found to cook chicken.
kit-the-fox
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

Actually he's right... Salt and Pepper is all you really need... unless your a spice nut like me... I lOVE whats called "Spike" thats some good stuff!

As for the "how is chicken simple?" question... its all in how you do it really. If you look up to my first post about stir fry I go through the steps on how i fry up chicken.... its the quickest, and easiest way i have found to cook chicken.

How on earth does meat taste good with JUST salt and pepper? gonk gonk gonk
What about the green seasoning and stuff?

I'll go look up your post then. Thanks!
sboo99
kit-the-fox
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

How on earth does meat taste good with JUST salt and pepper? gonk gonk gonk
What about the green seasoning and stuff?

I'll go look up your post then. Thanks!

It all just depends on personal taste smile Some people really like it that way others need more added to it *Shrugs*

CrazyAlien8's Husband

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
kit-the-fox
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

a really good way to season some meats (mainly whole birds or big chunks of meat, like roasts) is brining.

i've brined turkey and duck. it ended up with very moist meat, and it tasted really good.

technically all you need is water and about a cup or two of salt, but if you want flavor, broth or stock and spices/herbs instead of just the basics make for good meat.

rubs and marinades can do similar things to smaller cuts like steaks, but i've not done much with them myself.
SporkMaster5000
kit-the-fox
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

a really good way to season some meats (mainly whole birds or big chunks of meat, like roasts) is brining.

i've brined turkey and duck. it ended up with very moist meat, and it tasted really good.

technically all you need is water and about a cup or two of salt, but if you want flavor, broth or stock and spices/herbs instead of just the basics make for good meat.

rubs and marinades can do similar things to smaller cuts like steaks, but i've not done much with them myself.

If you don't have the time for brining, do a rub, which is nothing more than salt, brown sugar and a host of other spices such as paprika, cayenne or anything strong. Makes really good grilled meats.
SporkMaster5000
kit-the-fox
sboo99
thatguy20
sboo99
thatguy20

A CUP or Two?!?!?! You crazy!!! eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces