Welcome to Gaia! ::

Laili
Yeah. That just popped into my mind. They probably want people to get hyped up this month with FFXIII on the Xbox 360 and adding another complimation to FFVII.
I'd really rather them starting the project on the next game for the compilation.
They can do the remake after that.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
"I am actually looking forward to this new game. I hope it is a remake of Final Fantasy VII, I saw the demo/teaser for it and was amazed. I hold out high hopes for the remake, as the classic was simply perfect."

Fortuitous Autobiographer

TheTonberryKing
People wanting a VII remake may finally have their wish come true.

According to recent interviews with Nomura, not only will Advent Children Complete be revealed at the 2008 Square private party this year, but also they will be making a major announcement in relation to Final Fantasy VII.

This can only mean they will be announcing a new game, or a remake. Unless anyone else can think of something "Major" that they could announce about VII?

I don't think many people considered the spin offs anything major. The only thing I can think of, is a remake, because something like that would be huge.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, suppose a remake is announced, wouldn't it take about five years to make? Also wonder if it'd also go to the 360 like XIII is doing.
Naedeslus
TheTonberryKing
People wanting a VII remake may finally have their wish come true.

According to recent interviews with Nomura, not only will Advent Children Complete be revealed at the 2008 Square private party this year, but also they will be making a major announcement in relation to Final Fantasy VII.

This can only mean they will be announcing a new game, or a remake. Unless anyone else can think of something "Major" that they could announce about VII?

I don't think many people considered the spin offs anything major. The only thing I can think of, is a remake, because something like that would be huge.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, suppose a remake is announced, wouldn't it take about five years to make? Also wonder if it'd also go to the 360 like XIII is doing.

*falls over and foams* I actually hope there's not a remake. Although yes, they have stated it would take about 5 years to make. Haven't they also been saying that without the original team they wouldn't do it? Guess that was a load of crap if they do so anyway.
i really hope they do make the remake, i mean it wouldnt really matter either way it would just be really fricken awesome to see the entire game with new (hopefully PS3) graphics and voice overs
They said they'd prefer to have all of the original staff on hand.

And for the most part they actually DO have most of the core staff on hand

Yoshinori Kitase- Game director
Tetsuya Nomura-Character Designer
Yusuke Naora- Art Director

Those three still remain attatched to SquareEnix. And none of them are exceptionally busy. Or at least we can assume so, as they have yet to announce any new projects while the current ones are very close to completion.

As for the others,
Nubuou Uematsu- Composer
Kazushige Nojima - Scenario Writer/Event Planner

These two are currently free-lance, but have had no qualms with lending their work to recent Square games. Considering the fame VII's braught them, and the paycheck that it WILL bring them, I think its safe to assume they wouldn't mind getting onto this project.

As for the five year estimate, that was a quote from literaly years ago. As a rule for technology, be it hardware or software, the longer it exists, the easier it is to make it.

That being said, we can probably cut off at least a year and a half from that estimated time if you're being cynical of Square's production capabilities. I'd personaly be optimistic and say it could be produced in a little over 3 years.

Dapper Gaian

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Market Browser 100
i would probably die of happiness if they did the remake. new graphics, same gameplay/storyline/etc. that would be amazing.

but i have a random question: are there any petitions around about getting some FFVII items for our avis? i just think it'd be nice to have =]
The Amplifier Screams
i would probably die of happiness if they did the remake. new graphics, same gameplay/storyline/etc.

The storyline might actually change a bit.... with all the spinoffs and new characters added, I dunno there might be a difference in the storyline. Perhaps thats just me though.

I wonder what Reno's character would be like in the remake?

I can't imagine the goofy and clumsy Advent Children Reno planting the bomb to destroy Sector 7.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Hypi

I can't imagine the goofy and clumsy Advent Children Reno planting the bomb to destroy Sector 7.
"Although if you remember towards the end of that movie him and Rude both had bombs ready to blow up that tunnel. So I can see that happening in the remade game."
Col.Beowulf
Hypi

"Although if you remember towards the end of that movie him and Rude both had bombs ready to blow up that tunnel. So I can see that happening in the remade game."

Yeah, but that was to help Cloud. In FFVII he planted a bomb which killed a large amount of innocent people, including children.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Hypi
Col.Beowulf
Hypi

Yeah, but that was to help Cloud. In FFVII he planted a bomb which killed a large amount of innocent people, including children.
"Yeah. Which you could probably account that to they having a down time for those two years. So he got soft, when they do the remake he still is all hard-core."
Col.Beowulf
Hypi
Col.Beowulf
Hypi

"Yeah. Which you could probably account that to they having a down time for those two years. So he got soft, when they do the remake he still is all hard-core."

Considering that the translation will be better, he'll be that goof ball we saw in AC. His actual character is the comic relief, he can still have his moments but he is that fool. The translation made him seem like he's all about his work, but he's really not.

Combative Soldier

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Guildmember 100
Clouds_Lover
Col.Beowulf
Hypi
Col.Beowulf
Hypi

Considering that the translation will be better, he'll be that goof ball we saw in AC. His actual character is the comic relief, he can still have his moments but he is that fool. The translation made him seem like he's all about his work, but he's really not.
"Can't wait for the remake."
Col.Beowulf
Clouds_Lover
Col.Beowulf
Hypi
Col.Beowulf
Hypi

"Can't wait for the remake."

Don't be too certain it's gonna be a remake. It could be a lot of things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff