Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noble Genius

8,175 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Does anybody still play this? I just bought this game a few days ago, and it's amazing! I've played FFXIV, and it honestly was a huge disappointment for me. sad (Sad days)

But XI has a really strong FF feel to it, considering the fact that you use command menus to do everything. XD

So I was wondering if anybody still played it. I currently have a level 16(?) BLM (Black Mage) Female Tarutaru on the Bahamut server, and would love to play with someone. ^_^

Invisible Lover

Never played XI but I spoke to many players who moved to XIV from XI and they said, before all the nerfs/updates, the game was one of the most difficult, yet self-satisfying MMORPG's. Wish I had the chance to play it in it's prime.

Noble Genius

8,175 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Gunnerblaster
Never played XI but I spoke to many players who moved to XIV from XI and they said, before all the nerfs/updates, the game was one of the most difficult, yet self-satisfying MMORPG's. Wish I had the chance to play it in it's prime.

I completely agree. In comparison to a lot of the reviews, the game seems like it was nerfed. And I wish I had the chance to play against the 18 hour long boss fight, but they nerfed that too. crying
I'm playing FFXI, but I'm on Asura, sorry. sad

I don't love it, I gotta be honest. I'm really only playing it because I can't stand saying "I've played every FF game....except 11". Either way, it has it's charms, certainly. Mostly in the later expansions. So far I've finished the original storyline, all three nations storylines, Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urgahn, and I just started Wings of the Goddess the other day.

Rise of the Zilart's been my favorite so far.

I would highly recommend you get your hands on some Trust allies. You can try to party it up with other players if you like, but having Trust allies allows you to solo pretty much the entire game. I've solo'd everything so far with a 99SMN/49WHM, with a party of Trust characters pretty much anywhere that allows it.

Also once you hit level 30, you can enter Abyssea, and skyrocket up to 99 in a literal matter of hours. I think it took like 9 hours or something to level all the way up. Though you will need to complete the limit break quests in order to unlock all of your level caps (there's 10 of them, every five levels starting at 50). Those were actually a real pain to do. Though I managed to solo all but two of them. I think they were the 55 and 75 caps if I remember right.

And get a linkshell as well if you haven't already. A lot of people will be willing to share one if you ask or if they help you out with a quest. They're full of veteran players and a lot of them will be more than happy to give you advice or help you accomplish difficult tasks.

Either way, welcome and I hope you enjoy your experience!

Noble Genius

8,175 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Kuja9113
I'm playing FFXI, but I'm on Asura, sorry. sad

I don't love it, I gotta be honest. I'm really only playing it because I can't stand saying "I've played every FF game....except 11". Either way, it has it's charms, certainly. Mostly in the later expansions. So far I've finished the original storyline, all three nations storylines, Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urgahn, and I just started Wings of the Goddess the other day.

Rise of the Zilart's been my favorite so far.

I would highly recommend you get your hands on some Trust allies. You can try to party it up with other players if you like, but having Trust allies allows you to solo pretty much the entire game. I've solo'd everything so far with a 99SMN/49WHM, with a party of Trust characters pretty much anywhere that allows it.

Also once you hit level 30, you can enter Abyssea, and skyrocket up to 99 in a literal matter of hours. I think it took like 9 hours or something to level all the way up. Though you will need to complete the limit break quests in order to unlock all of your level caps (there's 10 of them, every five levels starting at 50). Those were actually a real pain to do. Though I managed to solo all but two of them. I think they were the 55 and 75 caps if I remember right.

And get a linkshell as well if you haven't already. A lot of people will be willing to share one if you ask or if they help you out with a quest. They're full of veteran players and a lot of them will be more than happy to give you advice or help you accomplish difficult tasks.

Either way, welcome and I hope you enjoy your experience!

Hey thanks! Maybe I'll make a character for Asura... I have a total of three character slots, and I am only using one. I can make a Monk Female Hume character. (Name it something close to Tifa my absolute favorite FF character. XD) Let me know what you think and we can maybe party together, just switch to a low level job or sync your level to mine. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff