Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Genius

starykat
yeahhh beat it, didn't like it
But Question
My sister's friends said If I beat it with 100 percent completion I get a diff ending. is this true? =/

You can't get 100% before the final boss. So no.

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
starykat
But Question
My sister's friends said If I beat it with 100 percent completion I get a diff ending. is this true? =/
User Image

Huh.... FFXIII doesn't have a 100% completion thing. xD

You must mean FF X-2?

Shy Genius

Quick question, regarding post-ending play:

Do Fang/Vanille leave the party?

I remember someone here saying something along the lines of "I miss Fang and Vanille already :[" but I didn't know if they were joking (because of the way it ended) or if they actually left.

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Your answer:

Story-wise... they do leave. Gamplay-wise, nope. Since after The End you will be prompted to save...and it will save before the final 3 boss fights but with a Crystarium Expansion.
Leixi
starykat
But Question
User Image

Huh.... FFXIII doesn't have a 100% completion thing. xD

You must mean FF X-2?

FF X-2 does have alternate endings, depending on how well you do, but ive never managed to get 100% 95% was my highest.
Love FFXIII!! ~
So I have about 10 missions left..

All 10 of them are the same 3 monsters over and over.. and the Gigantuar..

All 4 of those, I can't kill yet..

Sad day.

Dangerous Lunatic

Ah 7 hours of farming Behemoth kings was well worth it. Game isn't nearly impossible anymore.
Leixi
User Image

I'm still clueless about something in Orphan's Cradle:

No, Carbuncle was teleported there. Either by free will or by Eden. The last one is Kujata. But the middle one I have no idea.
Except for Orphan, Eden and Barhandelus, records show that only three main Fal Cie should be on Cocoon. Carbuncle, Kujata, Phoenix. Phoenix is huge though.. the light in the sky. According to datalog there are 8 million fal cie in theory.. making it probably not somebody special

Desirable Sex Symbol

If anyone needs any help, send me a pm. I have beaten the game completely so I can help with pretty much anything in it.
twilight joey
Daft Delight
twilight joey
I have Lv.20s for weapons for my 3 main characters.
I took him out first try but I took 12 minutes instead of the 7 it wanted...so I got no stars.. sad
But at least I won first try. :/
I thought the fight was easy but I guess I should have been quicker taking him down. I can't help that I want buffs and full-life all the time. XD

Ohhh, this must be the second fight with him? I didn't know there was a second fight until reading another thread yesterday. xd
If I were you, I'd repeat the fight until I got 5 stars, which is what I did for the first one. Of course, I'm a shade obsessive. mrgreen

I can't repeat it...I continued the game and I'm in Chapter 10. It was the only boss I didn't get 4 or more stars on. -shrugs-

I fight him again? Alright, well, that was just the first time, to clarify.
I should level up weapons for Hope/Fang since Lightning has a STAR weapon currently and I need a catalyst.

D'oh! I've got multiple saves and wasn't satisfied with my initial 3 stars, so I saved in a way that made going back easy.

From what I gather, there's a second fight with Barthandalus. I haven't encountered him again yet, but I'm taking my merry time in going through the game. I was just surprised at the level of your weapons and figured you had to be at the second fight. The first time I fought him, my weapons were level 6, and I finished under the 10-minute mark. I upgraded them to 7, changed my strategy a little, and took him down in 7 minutes for 5 stars.

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

The ending of FFXIII made me teary eyed but with happiness. o_o

Manly Hunter

Daft Delight
twilight joey
Daft Delight
twilight joey
I have Lv.20s for weapons for my 3 main characters.
I took him out first try but I took 12 minutes instead of the 7 it wanted...so I got no stars.. sad
But at least I won first try. :/
I thought the fight was easy but I guess I should have been quicker taking him down. I can't help that I want buffs and full-life all the time. XD

Ohhh, this must be the second fight with him? I didn't know there was a second fight until reading another thread yesterday. xd
If I were you, I'd repeat the fight until I got 5 stars, which is what I did for the first one. Of course, I'm a shade obsessive. mrgreen

I can't repeat it...I continued the game and I'm in Chapter 10. It was the only boss I didn't get 4 or more stars on. -shrugs-

I fight him again? Alright, well, that was just the first time, to clarify.
I should level up weapons for Hope/Fang since Lightning has a STAR weapon currently and I need a catalyst.

D'oh! I've got multiple saves and wasn't satisfied with my initial 3 stars, so I saved in a way that made going back easy.

From what I gather, there's a second fight with Barthandalus. I haven't encountered him again yet, but I'm taking my merry time in going through the game. I was just surprised at the level of your weapons and figured you had to be at the second fight. The first time I fought him, my weapons were level 6, and I finished under the 10-minute mark. I upgraded them to 7, changed my strategy a little, and took him down in 7 minutes for 5 stars.

Interesting.
And yeah, I know upgrading the weapons was a little ahead for where I am in the game but I felt like trying it out after reading a couple of guides. I'm debating on leveling up Hope and Fang's weapons or saving up for a catalyst for Lightning now. XD I'll upgrade as I progress and save a little time for when I'm grinding later, I suppose.

I'll be honest about Barthandalus. After hearing horror stories, I kept switching Hope back to Synergist to make sure I was buff'd and then back to Medic to make sure I had full HP the whole time. I was just worried he would take us out in one giant swoop or something and we were only in the red once. :/ So yeah, I can see what you mean about retrying it with a different save file. Honestly though, I didn't realize it was a full 12 minutes. I figured I'd get 3 stars at least. XD

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

It is me or when I'm fighting a boss like Barthandelus or Orphan first form.... that I think I did it in a short time but when I actually look at the time it had passed like 10 minutes or so.

The only boss fight that I think I was: "Is this going to end any second now?" was the boss fight of Tiamat Eliminator.

... Now looking at the "bosses" of the first several chapters compared to the final 2-3 chapters I wouldn't even consider them bosses.

The Garuda Interceptor, Aster Protoflorian, Enki and Enlil are like pussies compared to their stronger relatives that aren't even considered bosses.
Well yeah..

It was earlier in the game, meaning their not going to be as strong as end game bosses or even enemies. Your party gets stronger and so do the enemies..
So of course a boss with 18000 HP is going to look like nothing when you deal over 10000 damage an attack. But when you were only doing 200 an attack it was a different story.

Thats like saying.. "After beating Ruby Weapon, that Scorpion boss at the beginning is nothing."

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Grand_Geoff
Well yeah..

It was earlier in the game, meaning their not going to be as strong as end game bosses or even enemies. Your party gets stronger and so do the enemies..
So of course a boss with 18000 HP is going to look like nothing when you deal over 10000 damage an attack. But when you were only doing 200 an attack it was a different story.

Thats like saying.. "After beating Ruby Weapon, that Scorpion boss at the beginning is nothing."
User Image

xD I know...

The first encounter with Enki and Enlil.... it was easy. And then the battle of Bandersnatch and Jabberwocky... it was relatively easy.

Oh. I 5-star'd Orphan 2nd form using Vanille, Sazh and Hope.... Used SAB/SYN/SYN then RAV/RAV/RAV and finally SAB/RAV/RAV. I kept spamming death.

Now surprisingly, the first Adamantoise I faced... I KO'd him with Vanille's Death while Staggered. Easy 40k CP and Platinum Ingot there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff