Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aenthin
There's a big difference between being s**t and being unable to react accordingly.

Also tell me what would you do under those circumstances, under constant pressure of having your hits get traded? Do you think under the same pressure, you would have been able to hit confirm d+A, df+D? There's more to fighting games than just being able to pull off a few moves.

Pretty much everybody I know can use 2BA to hitconfirm, and since the 2A is safe, there's no sense in not doing it aside from spacing, which you could account for before you go for a pressure string in the first place.

Unless you're going to hitconfirm from only one 2B into a [BC Run] 5C or something like that, it's not difficult to hitconfirm. Ever. At all. You normally have at least 10 frames to hitconfirm off most clean hits which you've used to hitconfirm.

Quit being a moron and use numeric notation. d+D looks ugly, and it can confuse people from other countries. Numerics are standard in most non-Capcom games anyways.
Aoko Aozaki
Pretty much everybody I know can use 2BA to hitconfirm, and since the 2A is safe, there's no sense in not doing it aside from spacing, which you could account for before you go for a pressure string in the first place.

Unless you're going to hitconfirm from only one 2B into a [BC Run] 5C or something like that, it's not difficult to hitconfirm. Ever. At all. You normally have at least 10 frames to hitconfirm off most clean hits which you've used to hitconfirm.

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe he prematurely hit d+B after the run, maybe because the hitbox was being stupid. Or perhaps Kyo's d+A got shorter in the console version or d+B pushed Vice too far back. Whatever the reason, if you're gonna say you need at least 10 frames to hit confirm, you're not gonna be able to hit confirm d+B into d+A, unless it was pure guesswork on your part.

Your defense would have been better if you were counting d+A to hit, but no, it didn't.

Aoko Aozaki
Quit being a moron and use numeric notation. d+D looks ugly, and it can confuse people from other countries. Numerics are standard in most non-Capcom games anyways.

And this. Hahahaha! This is rich. I have been going to KoF forums for ten years and this is this the first time in my whole life someone has told me to use numeric notation just because the one I'm using looks ugly. Haha, I mean it could have been because you get confused and all but no. It just has to be ugly. It just shows you how much of a narrow-minded d**k you are.

And by the way, no.

Oh and new videos from the same players just came in. Let's see if this K' player truly is crap as you believe in the first video.

Following it up with:

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

DONT RUIN THE GAME FOR YOURSELF!
Aenthin

I don't know what the problem is. Maybe he prematurely hit d+B after the run, maybe because the hitbox was being stupid. Or perhaps Kyo's d+A got shorter in the console version or d+B pushed Vice too far back. Whatever the reason, if you're gonna say you need at least 10 frames to hit confirm, you're not gonna be able to hit confirm d+B into d+A, unless it was pure guesswork on your part.

2BA has about ten frames in of which you can use to hitconfirm. 2A is safe, so there's no sense in not going for it unless you want to avoid the pushback or a spacing-dependant whiff, which again, you shouldn't be attempting 2BA at that spacing anyways.

I never stated I need 10 frames to hitconfirm, I stated that you have at least ten frames. Learn to read. 10 frames is plenty of time to hitconfirm for even the slowest-minded players, like yourself.

Aenthin
Your defense would have been better if you were counting d+A to hit, but no, it didn't.

And this. Hahahaha! This is rich. I have been going to KoF forums for ten years and this is this the first time in my whole life someone has told me to use numeric notation just because the one I'm using looks ugly. Haha, I mean it could have been because you get confused and all but no. It just has to be ugly. It just shows you how much of a narrow-minded d**k you are.

And by the way, no.

Numeric Notation is vastly superior. I use the term ugly because it's just that. It's ugly, and it makes it less universal. It also takes longer to type d+B / cr.B / c.B than it does to type 2B, and motions such as "db, hcb, df+A+C" (15 characters) is way less conventional than 1632143AC (9 characters).

There's a reason every good wiki uses numeric notation or arrow notation on SNK games.
Aoko Aozaki
Hit Confirm

Okay, let me clarify my statement.

A bit of biology here. Even if you have amazingly fast reflexes, a person cannot grab a piece of falling paper that just fell out of your hands while your hand is stuck in its place (you have to move your hand to catch the paper). This is unless you are expecting it. The reason for that is that is because it takes time for your brain to receive signals from the eyes, and send signals to your hand so you could catch it.

Now here's where my statement comes in. Similar to the stuff I wrote above, you need at least a few number of frames to hit confirm. This is why hit confirms work so well with cr.B,A rather than just cr.B or even cl.C because of the number of frames involved. However, the brain really only processes confirmations from the first hit, in this case, cr.B. By the time you've hit A, you wouldn't really have time to figure out if your A hit or whiffs. All you know is that B connected.

Now here's another thing. Hit confirms were meant vs. blocks, not vs. whiffs. The reason you use it is not because you know you're gonna whiff, but to check if you're gonna get blocked or if you landed a clean hit. What Kyo was trying to do here was checking if he was really gonna land a combo into a df+D. The situation, unfortunately was a cr.B hitting but a cr.A whiffing. So when he did a df+D, unfortunately, it was only then he could have realized that cr.A was actually a little too far back than he expected it. In his defense, he did run a short space in between the two cr.B's but he was not expecting that he was still a few meters short to be able to hit confirm.

Admittedly, especially seeing the next few videos I posted, he really was a sloppy Kyo player. Needs a lot of work in his spacing and refining on his offense-defense choices. However, he is nowhere near a s**t player as you claimed. He's at least an experienced, average player, being able to move in and out of situations, inputting pressure strings and all other subtle stuff, but largely overshadowed by his rather sloppy gameplay.

Aoko Aozaki
Numeric Notation

I do agree it's more compact but since when is numeric notation even universal, or even superior? I don't just stick to one forum or wiki here. From where I've been, Cyberfanatix, Dream Cancel, Orochinagi and even defunct KoF groups and websites, not all people use the numeric notation. A good number of people actually use my notations for their own combos, some of them even using their own. Notably, the strongest SoCal tournament players also use my notation. And going back to your defense of my notation being confusing for people in other countries, well so does yours.

So excuse me but the hell am I gonna use your notation when I'm already perfectly fine with:
cr.B,A, df+D, BC, C, df+D, qcf+D, hcb+B, rdp+B, qcb,hcf+A, rdp+D, qcb,hcf+A, qcf+A, qcb,hcf+AC.

Edit:
Oh and, if you still insist on making me use the numeric notation, you're no different to a weeaboo who entered a room full of French Nationalists and telling them--in English--that Japanese is superior to their French because it's "super kawaii desu."

The funny thing is, I WOULD have used the numeric notation, if you hadn't called me a moron and actually had problems reading my notation, apart from it being "ugly."

Edit2:
A few notes and blog translation from MMCafe:

Quote:
European publisher Rising Star Games product manager Yen Hau has done a Q & A session with Spanish KOF community SpekSNK, and there's a bit of new info there. The full text can be read from the link, below is a quick summary.

http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?p=573616#p573616

-European release date is November 25. Japan is the same. (Japan is probably 24th in this case due to time zone difference. US is 22nd.)
-Netcode will be optimised for broadband and fibre optic connections, SNKP are still working on it. (Don't know when the interview was conducted, but it sounds rather recent)
-No demo before release.
-European version is slated to have a reversable sleeve. Aside on 4-disc preorder bonus, there's a reversable poster (art on one side, command list on the other) and art disc (includes artwork, wallpapers, videos and a visual story of the Ash Saga)

Also, I'll take the initiative to do the Blog translation this time around, give Toxico some breathing time from his usual hard chore.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_45.html

About Flame Iori

Good day everyone.
...Eh actually, it's pretty late already so it's more like "Good evening". (sweats)

Putting that aside, we've been doing a lot of explanations on the game modes so far. So for a change of pace, we're going to do something we haven't done in a while-- we'll talk about another additional character for the home console.

As people may already know from the PVs [Promo Videos], the third additional character [to the home console] is Iori with the power of flames, AKA flame Iori. He joining into the fight with his costume he wore back when he had his flames! In this article, we'll refer to the normal Iori as "Claw Iori" and the Iori with the power of flames as "Flame Iori" to make things easier to understand.

So let's get started and ask Producer Yama' about the charasteristics of Flame Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: To start off, in terms of direction attacks, he can't use the Geshiki Kui [3+C] that Claw Iori has, but he's regained his Geshiki Goufu In Shinigami [6+B], and he can use it instead.

Ah, so even his direction attack is different from Claw Iori.

Producer Yamamoto: Exactly. As for his specials, he has his old attacks such as Yamibarai, Oniyaki, and Kuzukaze. He also has his good old Aoibana as well, which can be used in the same way like before. Some of the EX specials have unique behaviors. For example, his EX Yamibarai stops the opponent for a limited time like his old Yasakazuki, and his EX Kototsuki is a different attack than his normal one. There might be other uses aside from hitting it regularly...

So that'll be something for us to find out when we use him. So next, let's hear about his supers!

Producer Yamamoto: In terms of his supers, he has his usual Yaotome and the Saika after-attack, and aside from that, he's also got back his Yamisogi. His Yaotome can be done as an EX attack, but it's important to take note that you can't do a Saika afterwards in that case. Also, the visual effects on his HomuraHotogi Neomax is really dynamic, so please try using it.

All the users are probably wondering whether "he's stronger" than Claw Iori. So what about that?

Producer Yamamoto: To be honest, neither of them is really stronger than the other. They both have different fighting styles so we hope people will pick them according to which style they prefer.

For example,
Claw Iori's normal Yaotome doesn't allow opponent to recovery roll / Flame Iori's normal Yaotome can be recovery rolled after it hits
Claw Iori's EX Yaotome can go through a Psycho Ball / Flame Iori's Yaotome will get hit by a Psycho Ball
So even if it's the same move, it can have a different attribute, and it should be interesting to check them out.

Alright. Are there any other noteworthy points regarding Flame Iori?

Yamamoto: Flame Iori has his own stage, and it's a remake of the rival team stage from KOF95, which was Iori's debut KOF title. And in the background, "those three guys" are trying to find their chance to get back into KOF. Also, there's some tidbits that might make old Iori fans react like "Oh?", so please look forward to the game's release.

"Those three guys" sounds interesting, and so does that little tidbit. Can't wait to play the game.
To wrap things up, here are the usual character introduction footages!

[ Combo Footage 1 ]
[ Combo Footage 2 ]
[ Neomax Footage ]

And that's all for now. Please try playing with Flame Iori.
See you next update!

Orochinagi forums also gives us the tl;dr summary of the blog post:

Quote:
Quick notes
- He has his f+B instead of regular Iori’s df+C
- He has his Yamibarai, Oniyaki, Kototsuki In and Aoibana.
- EX Yamibarai behaves like his old Ya Sakazuki/Eight Wine Cups DM
- EX Kototsuki is a different move from the regular version. It might have uses besides just landing it normally?
- No Saika after EX Yaotome
- Which Iori is more powerful? Depends on your play style preferences (lol)
- There are a bunch of little differences between regular Iori and flame Iori:
1) You can’t recovery roll after regular Iori’s Yaotome, but you can after flame Iori’s
2) Regular Iori’s EX Yaotome will pass through a Psycho Ball, while flame Iori’s won’t
So even if they share some of the same moves there are subtle differences you’ll pick up on while playing.
- Flame Iori’s stage is a remake of the KOF’95 rival team stage with ‘those three’ in the background (the USA Sports Team, lol). There are also some details that will surprise Iori fans in the background
Looking at the videos, he can DC his regular Aoibana into his EX Aoibana…which leads to juggle possibilities.
Aenthin
He's at least an experienced, average player

Experienced contradicts average. If you meant that he had an average amount of experience, it's redundant and badly worded.

You use the A in 2BA to hitconfirm the string. Again, as I've previously explained, you don't use the string if you're in distance to whiff. You check your spacing before you go for the 2BA to make sure you're close enough for it to connect on hit. A whiffed 2A can't be punished too severely unless they decided to jump forward, in which they'd most likely get caught by the 2A during the lower animation of jumping.

Aenthin
I do agree it's more compact but since when is numeric notation even universal, or even superior? I don't just stick to one forum or wiki here. From where I've been, Cyberfanatix, Dream Cancel, Orochinagi and even defunct KoF groups and websites, not all people use the numeric notation. A good number of people actually use my notations for their own combos, some of them even using their own. Notably, the strongest SoCal tournament players also use my notation. And going back to your defense of my notation being confusing for people in other countries, well so does yours.

The sites you've listed don't offer too many resources, if you haven't realized. What they have listed doesn't count as significant when 90% of characters on 90% of the games they have on-wiki aren't actually covered and explained. Movelists don't count. atwiki has KOF2002UM and a couple other SNK games fully completed in the resource department. They also generally use numeric notation for things that request it, such as 3C. The word "close" however, has no actual standardization, and therefor remains in the native language of the site.

Most of the top-level SBO players use numeric notation. SBO players > Anybody from USA.
It's also not YOUR notation. It was probably around before your puny brain was formed.

Numeric notation is standard everywhere outside of USA. It's universal because it uses Arabic numerals, which are used worldwide. Characters such as "c" "QCF" and "db" aren't. However, the characters from "A" / "B" / "C/ "D" / "E" are, because those are the five buttons in KOF games.

Aenthin
Oh and, if you still insist on making me use the numeric notation, you're no different to a weeaboo who entered a room full of French Nationalists and telling them--in English--that Japanese is superior to their French because it's "super kawaii desu."

The funny thing is, I WOULD have used the numeric notation, if you hadn't called me a moron and actually had problems reading my notation, apart from it being "ugly."

But he's stupid. He doesn't use that in which he states is superior, nor does he provide any actual backing as to why it is. I do provide backing, which is the universal standardization of Arabic characters, which can be read by anybody from any country, along with the standard ABCDE of SNK games.
Haha oh god. You are such a hilarious little troll bait, you know that. There's just so many things wrong with what you just said. Be thankful I'm not even a troll to begin with.

Aoko Aozaki
Experienced contradicts average. If you meant that he had an average amount of experience, it's redundant and badly worded.

Experienced means you have played the game before and know enough to play the game. Its opposite is inexperienced, someone who lacks the actual hands-on experience on playing the game.

Average means how well you are good in playing the game, in this case, it's not too good, it's not too bad. Other words that fit in this category are poor, bad, mediocre, good, superb and all the other adjectives you can think of, EXCEPT experienced.

Experience and average don't contradict each other. In fact, you can even be an experienced player but generally poor at executing moves. Although rare, a pretty good but inexperienced player is also possible.

Aoko Aozaki
You use the A in 2BA to hitconfirm the string. Again, as I've previously explained, you don't use the string if you're in distance to whiff. You check your spacing before you go for the 2BA to make sure you're close enough for it to connect on hit. A whiffed 2A can't be punished too severely unless they decided to jump forward, in which they'd most likely get caught by the 2A during the lower animation of jumping.

And again he might have checked his spacing as he moved forward and executed his hit confirm yet still whiffed. Actually, the point of me telling you this is that he might have known what he was doing, it was just that the pressure of having to fight such a good Vice made him do such a hasty move.

Aoko Aozaki
The sites you've listed don't offer too many resources, if you haven't realized. What they have listed doesn't count as significant when 90% of characters on 90% of the games they have on-wiki aren't actually covered and explained. Movelists don't count. atwiki has KOF2002UM and a couple other SNK games fully completed in the resource department. They also generally use numeric notation for things that request it, such as 3C. The word "close" however, has no actual standardization, and therefor remains in the native language of the site.

Yet the sites I have listed are actual forums and actually active in discussions with people who regularly play the game to check things for people who do ask questions. In Dream Cancel alone, you could easily ask questions and you get answers almost immediately. If players need checking, the forum leaders can just go to the arcade in their spare time and give you the answers you need. This is practically one of the best resources you can get. And what of wikis? They're written down, they're editable and that's it.

Aoko Aozaki
Most of the top-level SBO players use numeric notation. SBO players > Anybody from USA.
It's also not YOUR notation. It was probably around before your puny brain was formed.

Oh so this explains a lot. SBO players are your only concern and anyone else outside SBO is completely trash, is that it? So there aren't really any other good players anywhere else because SBO players are gods? Have you actually ever considered the possibility players outside SBO who can actually match their level? And just because they're SBO players, the numeric notation is the way to go? If SBO players were using my notation, would you have been using it too?

Have you ever considered that some SBO players might also be using both my notation and the numeric notation? Have you considered SBO might have been using the numeric notation like it was a local language and don't actually enforce it on other people? In fact, do they even care if they use a numeric notation?

Also, when I said "my" notation, I merely implied it was the notation that I'm using right now. Where the hell did you get the idea that I owned or invented it? And I was already born before

Aoko Aozaki
Numeric notation is standard everywhere outside of USA. It's universal because it uses Arabic numerals, which are used worldwide. Characters such as "c" "QCF" and "db" aren't. However, the characters from "A" / "B" / "C/ "D" / "E" are, because those are the five buttons in KOF games.

And tell me, who set the standard that numeric notation is THE notation to be used? I live outside the US and in our local scene, both the numeric notation and even my notation are NOT being used. If you go to a small locality in Spain, Mexico, Netherlands, or wherever, you might even get a totally different notation for each and every single one of them. If your notation is truly universal, then everyone and I mean everyone should be using it.

And let me get this straight. You claim that because:
1. Hindu-arabic numerals is widely used in the world
2. The numeric notation uses hindu-arabic numerals
Therefore, the numeric notation is the standard for transcribing combo inputs

That's called a four-term fallacy. Basically, your statement is illogical as because hindu-arabic numerals is widely used, it doesn't follow that numeric notations is automatically the standard notation for everyone.

Oh let's try this at a different angle:

1. SBO uses the numeric notation
2. atwiki uses the numeric notation
Therefore the numeric notation is the standard for transcribing combos.

Yet another four-term fallacy. There might even be some other fallacies included there like illicit process or what not.

Simply put, it's just illogical. So what now, you're still insisting I should use the numeric notation just because SBO and atwiki are doing it? Then I should tell you to use Ryu and then scrap him and use Yun because that's what Daigo did.

Aenthin
But he's stupid. He doesn't use that in which he states is superior, nor does he provide any actual backing as to why it is. I do provide backing, which is the universal standardization of Arabic characters, which can be read by anybody from any country, along with the standard ABCDE of SNK games.

It's called a metaphor. I'm not gonna elaborate on my story but that's pretty much how you appear on my page. And I find it funny how you just ignored my second statement.
Aenthin

Experienced means you have played the game before and know enough to play the game. Its opposite is inexperienced, someone who lacks the actual hands-on experience on playing the game.

Average means how well you are good in playing the game, in this case, it's not too good, it's not too bad. Other words that fit in this category are poor, bad, mediocre, good, superb and all the other adjectives you can think of, EXCEPT experienced.

Experience and average don't contradict each other. In fact, you can even be an experienced player but generally poor at executing moves. Although rare, a pretty good but inexperienced player is also possible.

Experience : "knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone"

This dictates that knowledge and practical wisdom was gained. If you're experienced, you're pretty much average too, depending on the amount of experience partaken.

Aenthin
Yet the sites I have listed are actual forums and actually active in discussions with people who regularly play the game to check things for people who do ask questions. In Dream Cancel alone, you could easily ask questions and you get answers almost immediately. If players need checking, the forum leaders can just go to the arcade in their spare time and give you the answers you need. This is practically one of the best resources you can get. And what of wikis? They're written down, they're editable and that's it.

And the forums still lack all the data that atwiki has. Atwiki has not only in-depth properties and explanations of moves and general metagame, which none of the sites you listed have for ALL characters, but it also has a vastly better organization system, and it's faster to find said resources. For speed, time, and quality of resources, Atwiki is vastly better.

Aenthin
Oh so this explains a lot. SBO players are your only concern and anyone else outside SBO is completely trash, is that it? So there aren't really any other good players anywhere else because SBO players are gods? Have you actually ever considered the possibility players outside SBO who can actually match their level? And just because they're SBO players, the numeric notation is the way to go? If SBO players were using my notation, would you have been using it too?

Have you ever considered that some SBO players might also be using both my notation and the numeric notation? Have you considered SBO might have been using the numeric notation like it was a local language and don't actually enforce it on other people? In fact, do they even care if they use a numeric notation?

You stated that "O LOL SOCALS BEST PLAYERS ARE USING LETTER NOTATION", which is the same as me stating that SBO's better players are using numeric notation. You know, except that SBO players are vastly superior. Players outside of SBO cannot beat SBO players, or they'd have been invited to SBO. And, you see, SBO won't use your notation. It's shitty and constricted to players in the USA. It's not global.

SBO players almost always use numeric notation outside of playing SF / 6-Button games. Numeric notation is standard, it's not enforced. You don't have to enforce what's already standard. Of course they don't, standards aren't enforced.

Aenthin
And tell me, who set the standard that numeric notation is THE notation to be used? I live outside the US and in our local scene, both the numeric notation and even my notation are NOT being used. If you go to a small locality in Spain, Mexico, Netherlands, or wherever, you might even get a totally different notation for each and every single one of them. If your notation is truly universal, then everyone and I mean everyone should be using it.

Most players who communicate between countries will use numeric notation because the fact that everybody has access and the ability to understand them. Universal != Everybody using it. People are more accustomed to the things which surround them. It doesn't mean it's not universal, though.

Aenthin
Simply put, it's just illogical. So what now, you're still insisting I should use the numeric notation just because SBO and atwiki are doing it? Then I should tell you to use Ryu and then scrap him and use Yun because that's what Daigo did.

But Daigo is s**t.

Aenthin
Aenthin

It's called a metaphor. I'm not gonna elaborate on my story but that's pretty much how you appear on my page. And I find it funny how you just ignored my second statement.

Fail quote is fail.

And, that K' player is still s**t.
I am not sure why we are getting antsy over footage of people who have
haven't the console version for more than a few minutes.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Why was this thread unstickied?
Ma Ajmala
Why was this thread unstickied?

I was about to ask that.

In other news, KOF 96 is out on PSN, and get this: the netcode doesn't suck! No seriously...
I'm not in the mood to counter argue you anymore, Ao. All you really do is take everything I say literally and misunderstand me greatly. Not gonna go down your level of being shallow and this is really not worth my time.

----

That aside, SNKP has released a new blog entry regarding changes between the console version and the arcade version. Translation courtesy of Professor from MMCafe.

Quote:
SNKPlaymore has updated its blog and they're finally releasing official details on the character balance changes. They'll be revealed in random order in 4 weekly updates starting today.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/10/post_46.html

This translation is a rushed job so there might be some minor mistakes.
It's a damn lot of work too.

Asterisk * notes that the move is featured on the sample video.

System
Neomax only uses 2 power meters during HD mode (3 meters when not in HD)

Hwa Jai
- All frames on Drink super have been changed (apparently, its recovery is faster)
* Ground CD has changed. Moves forward and has invincibility to low attacks
* Fierce Dragon Tail has faster recovery; can be connected to a normal move after it hits
* Weak Dragon Backbreaker is now a 1F throw instead of a leaping throw
- Weak Dragon Tail comes out faster and connects from a fierce
- EX Air Dragon Kick now hits 3 times like its ground version and does 154 damage.
- EX Dragon Tail chips less guard meter

Producer Yamamoto says: Hwa has a lot of changes, like for example, his Weak Backbreaker is a 1F hit now. The recovery on his drink is different so it might be usable in a combo.

Benimaru
- Flying Drill has faster recovery, normal hit can connect afterwards
* EX Raijinken is a single hit attack. On a hit, the opponent will be stuck in the air afterwards for a limited time. They can be attacked with another move, or even get pushed by running to the edge of the screen.
* EX Air Raijinken lasts for a longer time. The timing in between the hits are longer than the arcade version. It now sort of works as a special that can be “placed” on the screen.
* EX Collider hits less times. That means less scaling for the combo to come afterwards.
* Neomax comes out faster, MAX cancel’s timing is different. Invincibility runs out before the hit detection comes out.
- Fierce/EX Super Lightning Kick does more damage. On a full hit, the fierce version’s damage has been raised from 70>100, EX from 135>192.
- Collider has faster recovery on whiff, can rarely be punished if blocked from a fierce punch.
- EX Iaigeri > Handou Sandangeki does less damage, down from 263 to 219

Producer Yamamoto says: We’ve balanced him so that even the attacks that weren’t being used in the arcades would be of use. The EX Collider and EX Raijinken should especially come to more use since the opponent can be hit afterwards. The EX air Raijinken should be fun to place around for an attack string. His Neomax has no invincibility but it comes out a lot faster, so it might be fun to think of ways in using it.

Clark
* His Stepping (Forward+BD) is faster
* Weak SAB has full-body autoguard but comes out slower than before
- EX SAB>Flying Elbow can be MAX canceled
- EX Gatling Attack’s invincibility runs out when its hit detection comes out. Projectile invincibility doesn’t, even after hit detection comes out.
- If Fierce or EX Gateling gets blocked, the Afterattack throw won’t come out any more
* Vulcan Punch can be canceled with another move on startup. This allows for some new combos like close Fierce punch (2nd hit)>VulcanPunch>SAB

Producer Yamamoto says: He’s a throw character so we’ve buffed his throws. With moves like his Weak SAB, his front step, and being able to do a super cancel from a 1-frame throw, he should be able to fight like a real thrower.

Mai
- Kaschousen comes out faster, also has quicker recovery
* Ukibane (down + B in air) has different trajectory than Arcade, recovery time has been changed
* Musasabi(from ground) can be canceled to Floating attack
* WK>FK is a chain combo. Can be used to connect into HD mode, and also gives Mai more damage on pokes
* EX air Shinobibachi added in game. Invincible until hit detection comes out.
- Crouching FP has more cancelable frames
- Weak Ryuenbu has more vertical hitbox
* Neomax comes out faster and freezes time when it reaches the edge of screen

Producer Yamamoto says: We’ve balanced her as a female ninja by giving her attacks that can make her fight more tricky from the air. Using Ukibane to trick the opponent and doing an attack string, or hit confirming from her crouching fierce punch have become effective tactics. Her Neomax has also been buffed.

Leona
* Voltec Launcher chips less guard meter
- Strike Arch (directon move) comes out faster
* Fierce V-Slasher has different angle; weak travels short, fierce goes far. EX version is the same as the arcade.
- Ground Saber has longer recovery when blocked. About even when fierce version gets blocked.
- Moon Slasher has less hitback when blocked. All of them (weak, fierce, EX) are easier to get punished than the arcade.
- EX X-Caliber comes out faster. Still can’t be comboed from a normal or direction attack.

Producer Yamamoto says: Moves such as the Ground Saber and Moon Slasher are easier to get punished so be careful. We’ve balanced her so that she can do things such as attack strings with her EX X-Calibur, or break into the opponent with her Strike Arch. Her Fierce V slasher has been buffed, and she’s a character that’s good in various occasions such as air-to-air combat or against projectiles.

Takuma
- Jump CD comes out faster
- Stun value on attacks has been lowered
* EX Kyokugen Koou comes out faster and has quicker recovery. Still can’t be comboed from a normal or direction attack.
- Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu comes out faster. It’s still slower than the weak version, but it has invincibility until after the hit detection comes out.
- Weak Hienshippukyaku’s damage reduced from 70 to 50.

Producer Yamamoto says:
He has less stun values than the arcade, but he’s still easier to dizzy the opponent than other characters. Also, it’s not written above but damages on his other specials have also been raised, and he’s a character that can do high damage. He’s been buffed in a lot of places like his air CD and invincible Fierce Ryuuko Ranbu, so please try using him.

Mature
* Ebony Tears comes out faster. Can hit opponent afterwards
* Weak Metal Massacre is a one hit attack
* EX Deathrow correctly puts crouching opponent into hitback state on a hit unlike arcade version. If the opponent is crouching during 1-4 hits, a fierce Metal Massacre can still combo with a drivecancel.
- EX Despair doesn’t move Mature behind the opponent even if they’re crouching

Producer Yamamoto says:
Ebony Tears is a lot easier to use now. Weak Metal Massacre has been changed to a single hit and does less scaling, so it might be useful for fast paced matches.

Shen
* Gekiken Fakeout has faster recovery. It’ll fail if the kick button is pressed too soon.
Gekiken maxed out will chip half the opponent’s guard meter
* Danken(throw) comes out slower. Neither weak nor fierce has invincibility. However, it can be Drivecanceled.
* Danken(reflect) builds up meter on a success. No drive meter buildup.
* EX Fukkogeki>Kouryuugeki has slower recovery when blocked. Completely punishable

Producer Yamamoto says: We’ve did a lot of adjustments to his Danken. The throw version is no longer 1F, but it can be drive canceled for additional damage. Gekiken’s feint has quicker recovery so it can be used to lengthen attack strings.
LoL player drama. I remember when I use to be apart of it.

Anywho is this game out already? I've been under a rock for the past few months.
No. It's out around November 22-24.

Also updated the blog translation.
Wow, Aenthin! I didn't know you had a Gaia!

(This is marchefelix from DC, BTW)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces