Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does public breastfeeding incite the same reaction from you?

yes-it should be done privately 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 15 ]
unsure 0.057471264367816 5.7% [ 5 ]
I don't really care bc there is already enough sexually explicit content for people to openly view 0.080459770114943 8.0% [ 7 ]
no-I still hold that it should be accepted 0.68965517241379 69.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 87 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

I have no problem with it.
What I do have a problem with is when the woman starts screaming "WHAT THE ******** ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!" at me when I glance over.
You're tits in the wind, sweetheart, get used to the stares.

I personally think it looks gross, but whatever. People need to respect their right to do so, but the people doing it need to have some common courtesy towards those who don't like it. We don't all think it's beautiful, so stop doing it in plain sight or just stop drawing attention to yourselves.

I mean, I really don't care too much. I just think there would be a lot less fighting if the breastfeeding mothers covered up a bit, and the people who don't like it at least tried to ignore it.

Fanatical Zealot

emotion_puke

Not if there's a baby in the way or even nearby. O_O

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

If I had a baby and that baby got hungry, I would probably whip out a tit and feed my hungry child. Sure I would try and be discreet about it, try to avoid letting others see me whip out that tit, but if I'm stuck in a certain area with no special area for breastfeeding moms...I'm not going to sit there while my baby wails away because it's hungry. Boobs were built for feeding babies, that is their primary purpose and I'm not going to let my child go hungry just because society decided to make boobs seem like nothing but sexual organs. Some people don't take well to bottles, babies and mother alike, others don't want to go to a disgusting dirty bathroom and feed a baby.
If someone has such a huge problem with baby feeders that they would rather make a huge stink about it and make moms feel like they should hide away...well then I would say maybe they should look away and mind their own business.

Please...PAY ATTENTION!
The only reason to find it obscene is if you consider it to be sexual. I'd hate to meet anyone who considers a little baby having some lunch to be sexual.

Gracious Ladykiller

So what you are saying is that it is okay for women to walk around public with half their bras hanging out in public, or their boobs spilling out of s**t because men find that 'hot' but breastfeeding is where we draw the line?

It IS a life or death situation. you baby is HUNGRY it needs food. the baby doesnt give a ******** if you are comfortable with it or not.

Newbie Noob

As long as they jump up and down beforehand I can allow it.

Dangerous Ladykiller

11,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I honestly find nothing wrong with a woman breastfeeding in public. A women's breasts are not sex organs like others have stated. Though I am lesbian, I am not going to stare at a woman breastfeeding and go "wow that's hot", and I think plenty of other men and women would not be bothered by it either. A mother is simply feeding her baby and therefore should be allowed to do so without ridicule.

Sugary Cat

Two weeks ago there was a woman breastfeeding on a party I was at.

I have no problem with women breastfeeding as long as they don't mind me screaming 'NICE BOOBIES'. No but seriously, I don't want to see your saggy tits.
Women who compare themselves with Kate Moss and say that super models who are moms and also have their tits out should get a reality check.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
The slut-shaming is strong in this one. The fact that you are so perturbed by a woman breastfeeding in "public eye" shows your immaturity.You also put women down who dress a certain way -- a way that doesn't jive with your own taste in clothing.

USUALLY, when a woman breastfeeds in public, she doesn't just pop out her tits and then slap her baby's face onto one of them. There's no real fanfare going on, it's not a Spectacular Spectacular. Most women who breastfeed in public cover themselves with a nursing blanket. And even if they don't? You generally can't see what "repulses" you unless you're right up on her.

Ergo, get the ******** over it.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
MiameMiame
I don't want to see your saggy tits.

Then avert your gaze. Problem solved. emotion_awesome

Sugary Cat

Mrtyu-Mara
MiameMiame

Orrrr.... put your tits back in your shirt. No one wants to see that s**t anyways. emotion_awesome

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
MiameMiame
Mrtyu-Mara
MiameMiame

Orrrr.... put your tits back in your shirt. No one wants to see that s**t anyways. emotion_awesome

I forgot that everyone around you must accommodate to your liking.

Sugary Cat

Mrtyu-Mara
MiameMiame
Mrtyu-Mara
MiameMiame

I forgot that everyone around you must accommodate to your liking.
Oh not just to my liking. I don't think anyone wants to see someone feeding their baby with their saggy boobs.
I don't discriminate though, I hate saggy man boobs aswell. Would be nice if people would have some self-respect and cover themselves up properly, it would also be nice if the people would think about others around them. The majority shouldn't accomodate/adjust to the minority, the minority should accomodate/adjust to the majority.

Dapper Man-Lover

14,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Brandisher 100
So I worked at a theme park and sometimes women would breast feed in public. People would sometimes come up to me and tell me there was a woman breast feeding and asking me to go tell her to stop. In California women are legally allowed to breast feed where ever they like so there is nothing I could do. But the thing that I found so weird was that it was always women who were upset about other women breast feeding in public. And not just any women, they were mothers themselves. I would think that a mother would understand that when a baby needs to eat it needs to eat. This one woman pulled her kids out of line when the women next to her started breastfeeding, then that woman who pulled her kid out wanted me to take her to the front of the line for having suffered being next to a breast feeding woman.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff