Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Well there are so many things I want to do, but no I wouldn't want to live forever. I mean possibly but how the world will change, if it is something I don't like... It's not like I can tell how the future will pan out. That's not really something I could answer right now.

I think I can get everything done I want to in my life by the time I die, if not die with enough money to freeze myself until they can cure whatever killed me. If I wake up in a new world I don't like I just simply would deal with it and see how that went or off myself.
Blood Valkyrie
The only people who want to live forever are people who do not seem to understand how the balance of life and death works. People live, and people die. We can't just have immortals popping up. It would not be good.

They'd be killing each other in parking garages!
There's plenty of potential for living forever. You'd be able to study vast amounts of information. More so than you'd ever be able to in a normal lifetime. It would be a scientists dream. Artists could be much more extensive with their work. Imagine museums not showing the work of amassed artists work, but of one artists work. You'd be able to see the progression in the artists work.

Of course the downsides are obvious. You'd see your loved ones die many times over. You'd have to live through any of the worlds suffering that you might be unfortunate enough to come in contact with many times over.

If given a choice I don't think I would like to live forever. I would feel way to guilty every time someone I was close to died.

Gracious Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
There are thousands of things I want to do, learn about, achieve... and the thing is that 80+ years aren't going to be enough. 80 years probably wouldn't be enough to even relax all that I wanted to do. In about 100 or maybe a little less things will have changed massively, for better or for worse, and I would want to see that. Who knows how science will be in a future? Who knows what will happen? All of this could only be achieved with about 80 years? There never is too much life. I can see some of the downsides that you mentioned, but I don't think it would be that boring, as there is variety in everything. I'd love to be able to live forever, in a way that doesn't involve living due to a work of literature, politics, art, science, etc.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I refer you to the sad example of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged.
people are probably just scared of death xp

Fanatical Zealot

Not at all.

I would never get bord.

But the again I'm not as boring a person as you probably are.

So there you go.

Also if everyone else could live eternally as well then it would solve a lot of the problems.

I can find value in life even if things aren't finite; then again that's becuase I don't base beauty and wonder off of finetness.

Fanatical Zealot

The20
Existing beats not existing.
If you cease to exist you cannot do anything anymore, so what's the point in that?

Fanatical Zealot

Blood Valkyrie
The only people who want to live forever are people who do not seem to understand how the balance of life and death works. People live, and people die. We can't just have immortals popping up. It would not be good.

Or they do and don't really care and want to live forever anyways.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
All the time in the world to do things, to learn things.
You could see how the world ends up, you could see things that people nowadays can't even imagine~

Fanatical Zealot

Dorinkingu
You could see how the world ends up, you could see things that people nowadays can't even imagine~

If I could live forever- and let's just say I was invincible too- I would work ceaselessly and endlessly for the betterment of mankind.

No need to sleep, eat, drink, nothing, I wouldn't need to worry about my own survival, even my own pain or struggle, I could just keep working, as long as it took, studying and working forever.

And I'd do it.

Every war would be over and I'd try to cure every disease.

It would be awesome.

But you know, magical powers aren't just everywhere; if I could be though man, a lot of the world's problem's would be solved.

But oh well. xp

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Dorinkingu

If I could live forever- and let's just say I was invincible too- I would work ceaselessly and endlessly for the betterment of mankind.

No need to sleep, eat, drink, nothing, I wouldn't need to worry about my own survival, even my own pain or struggle, I could just keep working, as long as it took, studying and working forever.

And I'd do it.

It would be awesome.

But you know, magical powers aren't just everywhere; if I could be though man, a lot of the world's problem's would be solved.

But oh well. xp

I know right? D:
If I didn't need to eat or sleep or anything, I could get so much done D:

Fanatical Zealot

Dorinkingu
Suicidesoldier#1
Dorinkingu

And I'd do it.

It would be awesome.

But oh well. xp

I know right? D:

Yep.

Man it would be awesome! blaugh

I need to invent magic...

Off to study how magnets work...

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Dorinkingu
Suicidesoldier#1
Dorinkingu

And I'd do it.

It would be awesome.

But oh well. xp

I know right? D:

Yep.

Man it would be awesome! blaugh

I need to invent magic...

Off to study how magnets work...

If you solve ze mortality issue, do send me a message ;D lol

Dangerous Visionary

Living forever or being all anti-age usually turns you into a jackass in comics and movies; so I can't even think what that would do to someone in the real world. Personally, I wouldn't want it seeing everyone die over and over again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff