Welcome to Gaia! ::

It dawned on me that, since society has every right to regulate who you have sex with in the first place, that we should be raising the age of consent to thirty, for a number of reasons.

1) We have a serious college rape epidemic going on. Those pesky MRAs keep using nonsense cop-outs like "due process" to not prosecute or punish these young rapist men based on a victim's word, which is almost always true because women don't lie. This bypasses that in a very serious way; men, being the sexual predators that they are, routinely brag about their "conquests" (see: sexual assaults) to their friends and online. Since school policy is not a legislative matter, and their proceedings are not a court of law, a selective enforcement defense won't wash. Even if it was a court of law, it probably wouldn't anyway. This means that we can protect victims without subjecting them to undue stress about being punished themselves; in doing this, we fulfill our Title IX requirement in schools.

Just to cover my bases: women that are chronologically older than the age of thirty can identify as being younger, which makes them actually younger. Transaged women will not be left behind to cisaged women. We don't like TERFs here.

2) Yucky white men in their thirties, forties, or even fifties find women decades younger than them sexually attractive. Whether or not you're a ***** has nothing to do with whether or not you are only attracted to people that are sexually mature in a biological sense, hence why finding a fifteen-year-old sexy is *****. Why should white men (ugh, ew) be allowed to find 25-year-old girls attractive? It's gross. It's immoral. We shouldn't tolerate it.

3) Millennials, especially millennial women, are emotionally immature like no other generation we have ever seen. They're too fragile, still, mentally, to handle this decision on their own. They're barely out of college, after all. It wouldn't be fair to hold these young girls, so fresh and innocent and untouched, responsible for the decisions they make yet. We must protect them.

4) Unreasonable beauty standards have allowed white men to only be attracted to young "women" in their early twenties. By making it legally and socially unacceptable to be attracted to these women, those women in the 30-35 range will be allowed to enjoy their sexual peak without being slut shamed or denied sexually by acceptably attractive men.

I hope I've made a compelling argument as to why the age of consent being 16-18 (depending on the State you're in) is simply unacceptable and we need to update it to catch up with the rest of the civilized world.
Well s**t if that happens, imagine how many creepy 20 year olds would try to bang tweens.
God Emperor Baldur
Well s**t if that happens, imagine how many creepy 20 year olds would try to bang tweens.
I know, right? It's almost like that's natural or something.
If we raised the age of consent to 30, there would be a lot more birth defects. Women are optimally fertile in their early 20's, and it's more than evolutionary coincidence that men find women of that age range to be sexually appealing. We'ver genetically adapted many of our beauty standards from signs of fertility.
Contrastingly, a woman in her 30's or older is past her prime to reproduce.

However, in the long run, this could have some interesting genetic effects, such as higher fertility at a later age for those who successfully make it through to adulthood without genetic deformity.

Your claims, however, have little legitimacy and are likely to offend others. On noticing this, I must say, I really hope you're not trolling...
Roih Uvet
God Emperor Baldur
I know, right? It's almost like that's natural or something.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Also if you believe a 25 year old having sex with someone less than half his/her age is acceptable, then you really are a piece of s**t.
SHOSHIRO-AKAMARU
If we raised the age of consent to 30, there would be a lot more birth defects. Women are optimally fertile in their early 20's, and it's more than evolutionary coincidence that men find women of that age range to be sexually appealing. We'ver genetically adapted many of our beauty standards from signs of fertility.
Contrastingly, a woman in her 30's or older is past her prime to reproduce.

However, in the long run, this could have some interesting genetic effects, such as higher fertility at a later age for those who successfully make it through to adulthood without genetic deformity.

Your claims, however, have little legitimacy and are likely to offend others. On noticing this, I must say, I really hope you're not trolling...
I hope you realize that finding "women" below the age of 30 makes you a literal *****.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Roih Uvet

1) We have a serious college rape epidemic going on.

Yes, that sounds like an interesting change.
Allow me to introduce you to the "I didn't rape her, she raped me" defense. It goes like this:
the guy who does it is probably under 30, which means he's able to make a counterclaim with equal legal validity.

Newbie Noob

¿que fumas, y puedo tenerlo?
Exoth XIII
Roih Uvet

Allow me to introduce you to the "I didn't rape her, she raped me" defense. It goes like this:
the guy who does it is probably under 30, which means he's able to make a counterclaim with equal legal validity.
People like you are why we need to raise the age of consent in the first place. If you had read the rest of that paragraph, you'd understand how stupid your post is.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Roih Uvet
Exoth XIII
Roih Uvet

People like you are why we need to raise the age of consent in the first place. If you had read the rest of that paragraph, you'd understand how stupid your post is.

Oh but you were doing so well up till now. The trolling was subtle, and satire abounds. Now you're going to switch to namecalling? No. The appropriate response is to throw out generic feminist response 28. THEN you satirize the namecalling. (And really, Stoo-pid? All the names you could've used, "mansplaining dudebro," "misogynistic rape apologist," etc, and you're going with "stupid?" wink
Exoth XIII
Roih Uvet
Exoth XIII
Roih Uvet

Oh but you were doing so well up till now. The trolling was subtle, and satire abounds. Now you're going to switch to namecalling? No. The appropriate response is to throw out generic feminist response 28. THEN you satirize the namecalling. (And really, Stoo-pid? All the names you could've used, "mansplaining dudebro," "misogynistic rape apologist," etc, and you're going with "stupid?" wink
All of those other insults were so obvious they didn't even need to be stated.
Rioh, it's so rare that someone not only puts out a stupid idea, but tops the stupidity and un-feasibility with an equally stupid...AND BIGOTED, BONUS POINTS!!!!...rationale. TRIPLE COMBO!

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
People really believe this is real?
Exoth XIII
Oh but you were doing so well up till now. The trolling was subtle, and satire abounds.
Subtle?

Newbie Noob

The20
Exoth XIII
Oh but you were doing so well up till now. The trolling was subtle, and satire abounds.
Subtle?
For ED? Yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas