Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like come on!! I see on game shows that when asked about canada the americans don't have a clue!!! In school I have to learn the history of Canada AND the United States!! Even places like Greece, Brazil, japan, China, USSR. But when I ask an american friend, they don't learn squat about Canada even if they are involved in the same history!!! Why is this?
It's because the media in america is so self involved, only America is important to them.
The same thing happens to me. I've learned all of those things in Jr. High and still, even in Highschool we think about the U.S and what is going on within it. I mean, we're neighbors to them for heaven's sake!
I just think ( no offence to Americans, but this is just my opinion from personal experiance ) that they are too ignorant/self centered to think about other places and people other than themselves.
I was asked where Alberta was when I said I lived there and this American asked me if I knew a Cathy who lived in Canada! I asked her which province as a joke and she didn't know what a province was! stressed scream stressed
you want the simplest answer? Well if not i'll give it to you anyways...

I plan on becoming a history major.. Have I ONCE in a history or social studies class heard of canada *excluding 1812*.... the answer a resounding no! We NEVER EVER even hear ANYTHING about canada.. With the exception of the occasional conservative bashing the liberal leaders of canada

7,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AnuKat
It's because the media in america is so self involved, only America is important to them.

Hell yeah we're self absorbed. We've been wondering why you care so much much about us, when we care so little about you. xp

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Sharien
Like come on!! I see on game shows that when asked about canada the americans don't have a clue!!! In school I have to learn the history of Canada AND the United States!! Even places like Greece, Brazil, japan, China, USSR. But when I ask an american friend, they don't learn squat about Canada even if they are involved in the same history!!! Why is this?
because i have no car and can't travel across the border.
America has been pivotal in changing the world and the way it works. Needless to say, Canada hasn't.

7,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
AnuKat

Hell yeah we're self absorbed. We've been wondering why you care so much much about us, when we care so little about you. xp

Eloquent Informer

AnuKat

Exactly. Americans are so self obessed and aggrogant they believe as a whole that other countries should learn about us because they are inferior. We, as 'superior' nation **cough, hack, hack** should not sink so low as to actually CARE about what we learn in history class about some OTHER country. **unless your Ken Jennings. 2.5 mil and still can't get laid wink xd **
AnuKat
That's kindof true but I also think it has to do with that America dosn't think history is as important as science, reading, english, and math. But it's just as importiant
Sharien

Yikes, sorry. Guess it's just that Canada isn't a country we think about much. I could tell you something about British history, and a lot about Irish history, and some Egyptian, Russian, etc., but the only time I ever hear about Canada is when angry Canadians talk about how much they hate the U.S. I'm not referring to you, by the way.

I guess us ignorant, self-serving, hick Americans have a ways to go before we're as intellectually savvy as the rest of the world, eh? wink
AnuKat
Cause America doesnt care about Canada and often makes fun of Canadians, not that I do.
We're one of the most arrogant countries out there. We think we're smarter than everyone else, sexier than everyone else, and I'll be damned, trendier with our overly-caffeinated muddy-water, SUVs, and $900 Prada bags. Basically, we suck. I've wanted to move to Canada for a while.
The average American teenager doesn't give a s**t about Canada becuase they haven't seen of anything in Canada to give a s**t about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff