Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Sex Symbol

12,675 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Team Jet 75
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Everyone is ******** nitpicking like

1.) "The world didn't care for 26 years, why should we care now"

Yeah, ignorance is a shitty reason. People *should* have cared, but this movement or whatever the ******** you would like to call it is successfully working toward its GOAL and making people care (this leads into the next issue, but we're not up to that yet). But what, people didn't care so why bother now? ******** YOU. Go ******** drown in your misanthropy. However you look at it, children are being hurt NOW, and whatever sentiment there was in the past about it, the sentiment now is to change it. That's easy for you to say, because wherever you are you have access to a computer, so even if you're homeless and sick, you're still in a better off. And half of these people gripe and look down on our society in terms of its mass consumerism and lack of education...

2.) People don't really care, they're just reposting the video, because everyone else is.

Again, ******** YOU. I, for one, CARE. I cried my ******** eyes out at this video, and I'm donating/starting a website/spreading the video/sending a letter. I can't fly to Africa; I can't meet with the president; I can't even . Stop PURPOSEFULLY being an a*****e, because you're not above it all. You're not above the emotional response this video is clearly eliciting from the populations right now (speaking about the compassion, not my own anger). Don't act like you've figured out the ******** human race, like you're above everyone else because you've come to the realization that we're all just [insert comment about religion being bad/morality being relative, probably mentioning "survival of the fittest" or the phrase "it's like in the animal kingdom"].

and then, the scoffing about 3.) reposting the video does nothing
For every ten people who watch it, at least one person will do something. And the people who CAN do something about it, are going to see it, too. As corny as the concept is, it WILL make a difference. And yeah, I made that number the ******** up, so don't ask me to site it.

(AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON "OH, HE DOES THIS, BECAUSE HE THINKS HE'S BEING A GOOD CHRISTIAN". If you don't realize that one person doesn't define a whole religion, you shouldn't be in ED.)

But all of this isn't the point. If you watched it, you saw the part where Jacob was crying about his brother. THAT'S THE POINT. I think it's beautiful that this video, this movement, this fight is united by human compassion, even if you don't think it is.

So, yeah, go ahead and pull this apart, make your pseudo-clever, actually bullshit comments. DO IT.

Fanatical Prophet

Liberal Genius

This is the reason why I never post anything constructive in ED, because by virtue of posting whatever you did in ED, you set sail for a shitstorm.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
AnarchoPhiliac
This is the reason why I never post anything constructive in ED, because by virtue of posting whatever you did in ED, you set sail for a shitstorm.
I actually honestly like these storms more than I like having people go all random and talk about what they did all day on gd and totally derail your thread

Sparkly Fairy

10,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Seriously? That's what that long as video was about? Ugh...
Well, as much as this "Kony" thing might be serving a good cause, it's not actually well placed in this forum. At least, not in the form of how people have been posting this. It's usually along the lines of "link, one line of comment, do something". Not exactly something which sparks an extended discussion.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Can someone explain to me what the ******** this thread is about? What is this "Kony"?

All I can say, at this point, is that I'll have mine with chili and cheese.
black_wing_angel
Can someone explain to me what the ******** this thread is about? What is this "Kony"?

Basically, some douche warlord in Afrika who kidnaps children and indoctrinates them into his army (like that's new or something). Some idiot liberal hero caught wind of it, and it's evidently spread like wildfire through all the white knights out there.

Oh, and this is old news. It's been going on for over two decades.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Testament of Death
black_wing_angel

Basically, some douche warlord in Afrika who kidnaps children and indoctrinates them into his army (like that's new or something). Some idiot liberal hero caught wind of it, and it's evidently spread like wildfire through all the white knights out there.

So....nothing remotely unusual...
black_wing_angel
Testament of Death
black_wing_angel

So....nothing remotely unusual...

Pretty ******** much.
God damn I'm pissed off tonight. I think it's time I go to bed before I get myself banned.
I_Invented_The_Internet
Testament of Death
rearry coor ricks

And then there's THIS f*****t

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Testament of Death
I_Invented_The_Internet