Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel
Testament of Death
I_Invented_The_Internet
Testament of Death
rearry coor ricks

And then there's THIS f*****t

Is that a Penn and Teller's Bullshit reference? whee

Um... maybe? I just saw it from a picture of some New Yorker.

Wait wasn't it from Bullshit? It's been forever since I seen that show. I should torrent it...
Yeah kind of sucks to see people shrugging, but all you can do is spread the word, not get all pissed off and throw a fit because they don't care. That'll just backfire on you. No one takes a raging lunatic seriously (ie. Rush Limbaugh razz ) I'd also suggest trying to minimize the amount of threads on this -.- you could've posted this elsewhere. I think that's whats mostly annoying people here on Gaia.

I think if they watched the video, they would care more. I know I didn't really care or know wtf was going on until I watched it. The video is effective because it gives a face, a name, and a story. You know about Jacob, and what he's gone through and you know that if this guy is stopped, many kids like Jacob will be saved.

But really, the video isn't asking much. People are doing exactly what it asks. Just pass it on, and show you care. They aren't asking you to become freedom fighters and go overseas to Africa. The theme is that these kids are seen as invisible, and they are. We know they're there, but since we don't see them everyday, it doesn't concern us. They want to change that, and even bring this man forth and show him that he is no longer safe in this world.
tererun the horrifying
Testament of Death
I_Invented_The_Internet
Testament of Death
rearry coor ricks

hey, that implies gay people want this one, and no they do not. He is totally straight. Take credit for your own retards thank you.

Wait, what?
I'm not straight.

It was just a saying I pulled from somewhere.

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Testament of Death
black_wing_angel
Testament of Death
I_Invented_The_Internet
Testament of Death
rearry coor ricks

Is that a Penn and Teller's Bullshit reference? whee

Um... maybe? I just saw it from a picture of some New Yorker.

Wait wasn't it from Bullshit? It's been forever since I seen that show. I should torrent it...

Well, the proper terminology is "...and then there's this a*****e."

But yeah. I actually read your post in Penn's voice xd
tererun the horrifying
Testament of Death
tererun the horrifying
Testament of Death
I_Invented_The_Internet
Testament of Death
rearry coor ricks

hey, that implies gay people want this one, and no they do not. He is totally straight. Take credit for your own retards thank you.

Wait, what?
I'm not straight.

It was just a saying I pulled from somewhere.

So we can agree that this guy is straight. Just give him back o the straight guys. that is all i am saying.

Give him back? I never claimed him!

Fanatical Prophet

Testament of Death
Basically, some douche warlord in Afrika who kidnaps children and indoctrinates them into his army (like that's new or something).
Sounds like the ******** heart of Africa in one person.
Crylvia
Testament of Death
Basically, some douche warlord in Afrika who kidnaps children and indoctrinates them into his army (like that's new or something).
Sounds like the ******** heart of Africa in one person.

Pretty much, yeah.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm not so concerned with the idea that people who didn't care about invisible children are just starting to care now. What I'm concerned with is the very likely prediction that all this is just some moral masturbation that will make a single mercenary leader more infamous.

Maybe Kony will get arrested, who knows? But focusing on him at this scope is only going to solve 1 problem. I don't think people realize that stupid ******** ideologies like this can't be stopped by catching just 1 figurehead.

Once Kony is caught, support will be cut in half as the same god damn s**t in Africa continues to happen. People will fight tooth and nail for this single, evil-emperor-like merc leader, and then will do nothing to solve the environment that allowed him to rise to power in the first place.

I mean I hate to invoke godwin's law so early, but this is why even today Germany's political leadership is composed of ******** neonazis.
Wow, you're spending money and starting a website. I'm sure that will prevent child soldiers from ever being used in an armed conflict in the future. I'm sure none of that money is taken to give big pay packets to the employees of the charity.

No-one worth their salt would attempt to deride an emotional response or humanist sentiment. I will however attempt to deride your ideal that by throwing money you are really a charitable individual, and instead propose that modern-day charity seeks to combine passive consumerism and philanthropy, allowing people to do nothing but use money and "awareness" in the hope the world gets better by itself.

"The emotions of man are stirred more quickly than man's intelligence." - Oscar Wilde. We should be seeking ways to use our money to achieve the goal set out by the charity. We should ensure something happens. But too many people think that writing about a matter for publicity, and collecting loose change, is the way to bring legal justice about in a country ravaged by armed conflict. That is not an adequate plan.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff