Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nyxelestia
As far as I know, it's only against the law for an adult to have sex with a kid, regardless of consent.

False; it's also against the law for a kid to have sex with a kid, regardless of consent. According to the 1991 FBI Uniform Crime Report, roughly half of so-called "sex offenders" are under 18, many of them charged with consensual sex with their own classmates.

Regardless of the law, however... the answer to "what's wrong with" is pretty much "nothing"... 'n I'd drop the lines a LOT lower than you did in the OP, as well. Sexual exploration and experimentation with neighbors and classmates is a fairly common part of human development at 5 or 10, as well as 15, and has become pretty downright famous in the culture, as everyone remembers their formative experiences with friends behind the woodshed. It was common and natural in the 1850s, the 1950s, and today. ~shrug~ It's just part of being human.

What's wrong with the normal process of human experience we all share? Nothing.
ok, i think i am gonna come at this topic with a different view than has been expressed before.
a few of my friends and myself were all sexually assaulted or raped at somewhat young ages. One of my best friends was 13, and after that she decided it didnt matter if she started sleeping around. she ended up getting into some bad stuff tho, like drugs and stuff, because of all the baggage that went along with sleeping with the guys she slept with.
i was assaulted and possibly raped at around age 5. i was so young that my brain was able to block or remove the memory from my thoughts. i presonally feel traumatized by this, because i do not know whether i am a virgin or not. also, the boy was 10. why a ten year old feels the need to have sex (or attempt to) with his little sister's best friend is beyond me! i dont know what this world is coming to...especially since this is not an isolated incidence.
i met a 5 year old once who just the weekend before i met her had been raped by a ten year old. it made me sick!
basically why i think sex is wrong at such a young age is that it can have lasting effects on your life, and you can never take it back. my friend and i reacted in different ways..she began to be promiscuous, and i am so afraid of sex that i can't even say the word loudly, and i am afraid of my future wedding nite, when my new husband will want to have sex, but i dont know if i will even be ready then.
jd420
Nyxelestia
As far as I know, it's only against the law for an adult to have sex with a kid, regardless of consent.

False; it's also against the law for a kid to have sex with a kid, regardless of consent. According to the 1991 FBI Uniform Crime Report, roughly half of so-called "sex offenders" are under 18, many of them charged with consensual sex with their own classmates.

It depends on the laws where you are, I guess. For example, in some places in Canada if you're over 14 you're old enough to give consent to have sex with another person as long as they are over 14 and under 18. (Erm, I should note that I've heard this by word of mouth and not through a definite source, so if I'm wrong I apologize.)
they have made connections between girls who have sex early, and a number of serious vaginal problems... that is what is wrong with it... i was 19 when i lost my virginity.

ps there are other things you can do to "help the urges"
Nickaye
ok, i think i am gonna come at this topic with a different view than has been expressed before.
a few of my friends and myself were all sexually assaulted or raped at somewhat young ages. One of my best friends was 13, and after that she decided it didnt matter if she started sleeping around. she ended up getting into some bad stuff tho, like drugs and stuff, because of all the baggage that went along with sleeping with the guys she slept with.
i was assaulted and possibly raped at around age 5. i was so young that my brain was able to block or remove the memory from my thoughts. i presonally feel traumatized by this, because i do not know whether i am a virgin or not. also, the boy was 10. why a ten year old feels the need to have sex (or attempt to) with his little sister's best friend is beyond me! i dont know what this world is coming to...especially since this is not an isolated incidence.
i met a 5 year old once who just the weekend before i met her had been raped by a ten year old. it made me sick!
basically why i think sex is wrong at such a young age is that it can have lasting effects on your life, and you can never take it back. my friend and i reacted in different ways..she began to be promiscuous, and i am so afraid of sex that i can't even say the word loudly, and i am afraid of my future wedding nite, when my new husband will want to have sex, but i dont know if i will even be ready then.

I'm not trying to downplay what you and your friends went through, but sexual assault and rape generally have lasting effects on one's life no matter what age they are.
The risk of pregnancy.
DJ_Whore
they have made connections between girls who have sex early, and a number of serious vaginal problems... that is what is wrong with it... i was 19 when i lost my virginity.

Why don't you cite and source that, hmm?
DJ_Whore

Really? I'm not trying to put doubt on your post, but would you happen to have any sources for that information? I'd be rather interested in finding out a bit more about it. I.e. what sorts of problems, what kind of connections there are, how early, etc. Did you get that from an article, or what? If you don't remember, don't worry about it, I'm just wondering. xD
Genura
The risk of pregnancy.

The solution of birth control.
--His Creation--
MetalTaco
Nyxelestia

--His Creation--
your body is no longer pure

Tell me what the point of being pure is.

And tell me who in this world is actually pure.

hmm, your DO have a point, but actually, babies are, they are pure until thier first sin

First sin? What the hell...is this a Christian thing? Because honestly, morally and physically, there's no such thing as pure or impure - not to me. Come up with something better.
Sex at a young age isn't necessarily bad...Society only makes it so.
Christians say its wrong, but thats bullshit because at the time when the bible was written 24 year olds married 12 year old girls ect ect, because people died like at the age of 40 because the lack of medical technology. The only problems with young sex is if the girl gets pregnant they really don't have any way to provide for it. The guy is usually an a** and dumps the chick, and often times young sex can lead to deformed babies, and or Stillborns, thats the only problem I can see with it.
Genura
The risk of pregnancy.

There's always that risk, though. Why is it better to risk it at age 18 (when many are living on their own for the first time and possibly struggling to make ends meet due to post-secondary education costs) than at age 15 (when most are still living with their parents)?
Cougar Trollhammer Draven
Genura
The risk of pregnancy.

The solution of birth control.

I wouldn't call it a solution, as it doesn't prevent pregnacies perfectly, but yes, definitely a great reducer of risk.
u mighta get pregnant....
Nyxelestia
--His Creation--
MetalTaco
Nyxelestia

--His Creation--
your body is no longer pure

Tell me what the point of being pure is.

And tell me who in this world is actually pure.

hmm, your DO have a point, but actually, babies are, they are pure until thier first sin

First sin? What the hell...is this a Christian thing? Because honestly, morally and physically, there's no such thing as pure or impure - not to me. Come up with something better.

Technically, it's not even Christian. They believe in the concept of original sin, that none are pure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff