Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
“Men are losing their grip,” wrote Jennifer Homans in her New York Times review of “The End of Men and Rise of Women,” Hanna Rosin’s bestseller. “Patriarchy is crumbling. We are reaching ‘the end of 200,000 years of human history and the beginning of a new era’ in which women, and womanly skills and traits, are on the rise.” Warning guys, this is the last gasp of your male-dominated patriarchy.

Women will rule the future. Men hate it, are trapped in the past. Driven by tribal urges to fight change, hold onto ancient symbols of power. Like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. Even more than chasing hot market tips, today’s men frantically search for past glory ... in purple pills for ED, Low-T, aging cosmetics, magic solutions to belly fat ... playing fantasy football over a six-pack ... yearn for the freedom of America’s 19th century Wild West ... hero-worship icons like John Wayne ... the good old days when old-guy paternalism ruled.

Quote:
Yes, it’s a guy thing, after 200,000 years women make men feel powerless

But the real tragedy is that today’s threatened male ego is also sabotaging America’s economy and our status as a world power. How? By fighting a losing battle to hold onto the old vestiges of their ancient macho-dominated patriarchy, the weak male ego is making matters worse, manifest in the GOPs seeming endless, self-destructive, do-nothing partisan political wars that at their core simply confirm how patriarchy is crumbling. First, their childish strategy opposing a black male president. Now their fear a woman could win the presidency, even lead till 2024. No wonder the ancient male brain is in panic mode.

Men and their primitive male thinking are losing their grip on the world. Women are stepping up and taking control. The future will be lead by women, and male patriarchy, oppression, and primitive thought will be left behind.

The future looks bright guys. The article I'm quoting from is "7 reasons women will lead the new world order " and here are the 7 reasons:

1. The female brain is naturally wired with long-term strategic vision
2. Changing job needs are empowering women, leveling the playing field
3. More women gaining power positions across Corporate America
4. More women now elected to legislatures all across America
5. There are more women legislators across the world
6. Women are the new leaders in a Fight for The Future
7. Macho men are sabotaging their own future by defending old patriarchy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-reasons-women-will-lead-the-new-world-order-2014-08-29?page=1

Article linked above. I suggest you read the whole thing ( only 2 short pages. ). It's really interesting and lays out how a better future is going to unfold. I'm excited to be young right now, just because I get to see this happen.

So guys, a world lead by women, what do you think?
How do you think society will respond to men failing?
How will economies function since manufacturing is dead and doesn't really support economies anymore?
How will corporations handle being taken over one at a time by women?
How will you feel when conservatism finally dies and the world is a better place without that rotting, biggoted zombie of an ideology still pulling power around?

Gaian

I think the modern feminist movement derailed any aspirations that woman had of achieving anything on that list.
Is a feminism Poe called a Poette?
Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
How will economies function since manufacturing is dead and doesn't really support economies anymore?
What. If manufacturing is dead i'm afraid we'll be, too, soon enough.

Timid Wife

I used to be feminist, until a feminist broke my heart.

Bitches will be bitches.

Super Cyclops

I'm still The Man no matter what or who. Thus I remain unconcearned.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lol maybe we'll have tons of househusbands....

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I think your thread title is rather presumptuous.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Holy extreme sexism batman!
Seriously, I can't believe how utterly sexist this all is.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
Quote:
“Men are losing their grip,” wrote Jennifer Homans in her New York Times review of “The End of Men and Rise of Women,” Hanna Rosin’s bestseller. “Patriarchy is crumbling. We are reaching ‘the end of 200,000 years of human history and the beginning of a new era’ in which women, and womanly skills and traits, are on the rise.” Warning guys, this is the last gasp of your male-dominated patriarchy.

Women will rule the future. Men hate it, are trapped in the past. Driven by tribal urges to fight change, hold onto ancient symbols of power. Like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. Even more than chasing hot market tips, today’s men frantically search for past glory ... in purple pills for ED, Low-T, aging cosmetics, magic solutions to belly fat ... playing fantasy football over a six-pack ... yearn for the freedom of America’s 19th century Wild West ... hero-worship icons like John Wayne ... the good old days when old-guy paternalism ruled.

Quote:
Yes, it’s a guy thing, after 200,000 years women make men feel powerless

But the real tragedy is that today’s threatened male ego is also sabotaging America’s economy and our status as a world power. How? By fighting a losing battle to hold onto the old vestiges of their ancient macho-dominated patriarchy, the weak male ego is making matters worse, manifest in the GOPs seeming endless, self-destructive, do-nothing partisan political wars that at their core simply confirm how patriarchy is crumbling. First, their childish strategy opposing a black male president. Now their fear a woman could win the presidency, even lead till 2024. No wonder the ancient male brain is in panic mode.

These passages are horribly sexist against males, play on stereotypes and generalize. I find these passages to be disrespectful to both sexes.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
Men and their primitive male thinking are losing their grip on the world. Women are stepping up and taking control. The future will be lead by women, and male patriarchy, oppression, and primitive thought will be left behind.

This statement is just as sexist against men, falsely claims that men are "primitive" in their thinking, and as well, is transphobic against trans men. Sorry to burst your anti-equality bubble, but "women" are not "stepping up and taking control" except in their own lives and rights. The future will undoubtedly have female leaders, as well as gay, trans, and non-white leaders.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
The future looks bright guys. The article I'm quoting from is "7 reasons women will lead the new world order " and here are the 7 reasons:

1. The female brain is naturally wired with long-term strategic vision
2. Changing job needs are empowering women, leveling the playing field
3. More women gaining power positions across Corporate America
4. More women now elected to legislatures all across America
5. There are more women legislators across the world
6. Women are the new leaders in a Fight for The Future
7. Macho men are sabotaging their own future by defending old patriarchy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-reasons-women-will-lead-the-new-world-order-2014-08-29?page=1

Article linked above. I suggest you read the whole thing ( only 2 short pages. ). It's really interesting and lays out how a better future is going to unfold. I'm excited to be young right now, just because I get to see this happen.

That article was atrocious, full of false tripe and self-destructive bias. Plus, there is no complete evidence supporting the idea that the female brain is "naturally wired with long-term strategic vision", and enough females contradict that theory to show it is false. So much sexism, what happened to wanting equality?

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
So guys, a world lead by women, what do you think?

A world led by ONLY women would be awful. "reversing the roles" is not healthy, nor does it solve anything. If anything, it would only create more problems due to the lack of equality of the sexes. I would much prefer a world where both sexes, both cis and trans genders, work together to lead everyone to a better, more equal future.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
How do you think society will respond to men failing?

Pointless question, as "men" will not fail. I hold the hope that one day both sexes will be equal, working together, not against each other. Men will always succeed, and women will always succeed, and both genders, cis and trans, will have failures as well.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly

This question is irrelevant to the topic.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
How will corporations handle being taken over one at a time by women?

Not everything will be "taken over by women". Both genders, cis and trans, will always end up in roles of power, ownership, etc. To want either gender to solely run everything is sexist and anti-equality.

Blue Fly Sky Fly Fly
How will you feel when conservatism finally dies and the world is a better place without that rotting, biggoted zombie of an ideology still pulling power around?

As a bisexual man, I can only hope. Of course, I'm also a realist, and the reality is that extreme conservatism, bigotry and discrimination, will always exist, and stupid people will always exist. All one can do is try to focuss on the positive and strive to better oneself.
I AM R U

Yeah - exactly how many girls did we win?
- surprised

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lucky~9~Lives
I AM R U

Yeah - exactly how many girls did we win?
- surprised

Good question! And are they cis or trans girls? twisted

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Due to the missing comma in your title, I thought this thread was about girls being awarded to people like prizes - considering the patriarchy's history of doing exactly that, you may want to correct your title.

Edit: I see someone else beat me to this observation.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
So this appears to be a thing that happened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff