Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hate Unicef! they are all goddamn pessimists. Why can't they understand the ideas of darwin... oh wait, they are too busy taking care of third world freeloaders.

And by the way, only 76% of their donations go to the people. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 24%???!?!?

Straight into their pockets.

Thats right, the UNICEF people are making money off of other people's misery.

I PROPOSE WE BOYCOTT UNICEF, FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

next stop, United Way, those assholes.

On top of everything, why don't they understand that these people are poor because they want to be poor. ITS JUST DARWIN BITCHES!! If they didn't want to be beggars, they would get a job like everyone else in our wonderful american owned nike sweatshops. (not slamming nike, just saying. dont even get me started on that whole " sweatshops are bad argument". Sweatshops were the best thing to ever happen to these stupid countries like Etheopia, Rwanda, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Gooks, VCs, North Koreans, Charlie, the NVA...).

Plus, I think that UNICEF actually Supported the gooks in the vietnam war, so I think we should slam them for being unamerican, nationalize the UNICEF assets, kill all of the UNICEF bureacracy, then Reinvade Vietnam!

bubbleangela's Husband

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
You're trolling and please to substantiate your claims please provide reliable references.

REPORTED.

Please review the stickies available in this forum.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
They're poor because their countries' economies are in the toilet. It's not easy for someone in a third world country to "get a job" because there are none to be had.
Please tell me he's being satirical, I just don't know any more.

Anyway, before people start thinking you're right about Darwin, not only did he never have anything to do with the term 'survival of the fittest' but what he said was the individuals who are most adapted to their environment will survive and reproduce and thus their genes would become more prevalent in the gene pool, this has nothing to do with getting a job. Of course, getting a job provides resources for your family, but as long as you have surviving offspring you are 'fit' in the Darwnian sense.
While I agree I don't really trust UNICEF, we should blame the starving people in third world countries.

Nor should we be spewing offensive commentary, such as this gentleman.

Yes. Let us reinvade Vietnam. It went so well the first time.
Grow up kid.
Your the disgrace of america, your the UNAMIERCAN. Most of those soliders didnt have a say if they wanted to go or not to Vietnam. And why were we fighting that war?!
Countries dont have the best ecomnic plans and thier people suffer for it. It's not the peoples fault. Women in some of those countries cant even get jobs, because its illegal! They have to stay at home, and if thier husband dies, they suffer, thier kids suffer.
Enter Unicef.
For most poor people, it;s not thier fault! Thier parents are druggies, andlived on teh streets, They never went to school and so there for cant get jobs. "oh they cant get jobs" oh yeah with NO math training, how can they get jobs?!
Your a snob, a kid, and the disgrace of America, your people need to be thrown out into South Africa for 4 years, then lets see how you feel about Unicef. Grow up.
And if your going to make a conversasion like this, then dont Cuss, it makes you look even more stuipd. rolleyes
and if you wnat to reinvade Vietnam , lets SEND YOU and your people to fight! ps: 76 percent is a a whole more then what your giving them.

C1ock
I hate Unicef! they are all goddamn pessimists. Why can't they understand the ideas of darwin... oh wait, they are too busy taking care of third world freeloaders.

And by the way, only 76% of their donations go to the people. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 24%???!?!?

Straight into their pockets.

Thats right, the UNICEF people are making money off of other people's misery.

I PROPOSE WE BOYCOTT UNICEF, FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

next stop, United Way, those assholes.

On top of everything, why don't they understand that these people are poor because they want to be poor. ITS JUST DARWIN BITCHES!! If they didn't want to be beggars, they would get a job like everyone else in our wonderful american owned nike sweatshops. (not slamming nike, just saying. dont even get me started on that whole " sweatshops are bad argument". Sweatshops were the best thing to ever happen to these stupid countries like Etheopia, Rwanda, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Gooks, VCs, North Koreans, Charlie, the NVA...).

Plus, I think that UNICEF actually Supported the gooks in the vietnam war, so I think we should slam them for being unamerican, nationalize the UNICEF assets, kill all of the UNICEF bureacracy, then Reinvade Vietnam!
Playing for peace
On a dirt field behind the Catholic Hospital in Liberia, a football (soccer) match is under way. Teams of young people, many of whom were on opposite sides during the seven-year-long civil war, now compete peacefully, if passionately, on a football pitch.

Edwin, 15, lost his father and brother during the war. "We had no food to eat," he says. "My father and little brother died of sickness."

Edwin now plays for the Wild Lion Football Club. He has a football scholarship to attend a local high school. Sports have been a big help for Edwin emotionally. "Football," he says, "makes me feel happy."

"Football makes me feel happy."Each Saturday morning, scores of young people gather to take part in sports, drama and music programmes that are part of the Support to War Affected Youth (SWAY) project. After joining the project, none of the young people have taken up arms in the recent border conflicts, despite recruitment in their villages. And the teamwork learned on the sports field has spilled over into how they treat each other in their daily lives.

With each new match, a bit more healing takes place. "It does not depend on tribe," Claude says of his team-mates. "We come together as one."

Liberia is not the only place where football and other sports are helping young people get an education. In Brazil, where football is a national passion and 1.3 million children are not enrolled in school, a programme called 'Spaces of Hope' reaches out to poor children in urban slum areas. As part of the project, two members of the Brazilian national football team have founded centres that combine study and sports. Meanwhile, in an adolescent detention facility in Curitiba, southern Brazil, football provides an important way for troubled young people to channel their energy, frustrations and anger.

These are just three examples of the large number of projects around the world linking sport and education. Because it's fun, sport can help get young people involved in learning — and keep them involved. Sports are also good in themselves: they keep you fit and promote teamwork, communication skills, self-respect, a respect for others and a respect for rules. Though there are, admittedly, one or two professional footballers who don't seem too strong on the last couple of points …
That's not Darwin, it's Capitalism, which is part of the reason that these third world countries are poor. That's not to say I support unicef, but I don't support because I'm a greedy, capitalist pig who doesn't give a rat's a** about people outside of the U.S./Europe. And no, I'm not a white supremicist/nazi/KKK member/racist of any kind.
Unicef has to pay its employees somehow.
scrub
Unicef has to pay its employees somehow.

agreed totaly. He hates beggers? Look at him, he's begging for clothes. heh. funny.

Ibrahim's story

© UNICEF Niger 2003/Barger

Determined to learn
When Ibrahim was three years old, polio paralysed his right leg. At first his parents, like many other parents of disabled children in Niger, did not want to send him to school. They were worried he would be teased by his classmates, and were not convinced that an education would help him.

Polio is a viral disease that causes paralysis (loss of the ability to move) in the arms and legs. It affects between 10 and 20 million people around the world today. Though there is no cure, there is a vaccine which can stop you from being infected in the first place.

Despite his disability, and his parents' doubts, Ibrahim was determined to go to school. "When I was eight," Ibrahim says, "other kids my age were going to school while I stayed at home. I did not like that. So, I pestered my parents until they finally let me go to school."

Ibrahim's parents enrolled him in a private school nearby. But although the journey to and from school was a short one, it still wasn't easy for Ibrahim. He had to use his hands to help him move along, protecting them with plastic slippers. But at least he was getting an education.

However, after only a year in school, Ibrahim's education was interrupted when his parents separated. His mother did not have the means to pay for his tuition.

In 2001, Ibrahim received a grant to be fitted with a leg brace, corrective shoes and his first pair of crutches. His first priority was to find a way to go back to school.

© UNICEF Niger 2003/Barger
Ibrahim walking
"I wanted to start school again last October," Ibrahim says. "When my mother told me she could not afford it I went to visit the homes of some of my relatives and collected 5,000 francs CFA (US $ cool - enough to pay my tuition for half a year. The school has given me a deadline to pay the other half. I will find the rest of the money somehow."

Ibrahim attends a school in which he is the only disabled student. According to his teacher, he is among the top five students in a class of 55.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child states that it is every child's right to get an education, and that children with disabilities should have equal access to schools and facilities, no matter how seriously disabled they are. Article 28 of the Convention also states that primary education should be free for all, and so no child should be prevented from getting an education because she or he cannot afford the cost of going to school.
The punishment for all those who post ignorant crap in ED
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Now you think before you post next ime, or the swedish killing machine will come, Again
tamcharles
You're trolling and please to substantiate your claims please provide reliable references.

REPORTED.

Please review the stickies available in this forum.

Thank you.
haha venture bros rules! lol love that unapproaite show xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas