Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

Xiam
This is why I want to learn a martial art that doesn't require getting up close to an opponent like that.
homophobic lol

Greedy Consumer

False Dichotomy
Tactical Leg Sweep
False Dichotomy
Tactical Leg Sweep
False Dichotomy
shoeless joe
If you don't want to to be the guy who gets raped by the rowdy gay BJJ enthusiast you better learn you some BJJ.
Alternatively, you could elbow/knee/punch/knife them in the face/throat/junk instead of trying to play their game. You'd be surprised how often that works.

Oh wait, I forgot, you can't do that in UFC... because UFC isn't fighting.

Yes. because punching and kicking someone in the throat or even stabbing them works so well when they're on top of you.

Oh wait, I forgot, you're full of s**t and probably have never been in a fight in your life.
So you let them grab you...?

It's your own fault if someone gets you in a BJJ hold. No excuses.

Right, your TEH ULTIMATE STREET LETHAL KICKS would stop someone from taking you down. It's totally impossible that someone who trains to take opponents to the ground on a regular basis in NO way could be able to close the distance and bring the fight to where he or she is comfortable, especially because despite you NOT being well versed in takedowns (since you think it's all fake and whatnot), you'd just use one of your super hulk strikes and he'd stop dead in his tracks. Yup.
I don't think "takedowns" are fake or stupid. I think BJJ is stupid, and the throws it uses are. Squat, oh wait, it doesn't work anymore. Don't stand still, oh it doesn't work anymore.

Stand still in a retarded fists up toughguy stance, OH NOW I CAN GRAB HIM.

As for my "super hulk strikes" fine, rush at me. I hope you don't mind losing your eyes, genitals, or a working windpipe. It doesn't take a very hard hit to stop someone.*hinthint*punching them in the chest is stupid*
well ufc doesn't allow nutbusting of all sorts 3nodding

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Xiam
This is why I want to learn a martial art that doesn't require getting up close to an opponent like that.
homophobic lol

Um... I guess? I've got nothing against gays, I just don't want to place myself in a gay situation.
False Dichotomy
Tactical Leg Sweep
False Dichotomy
Tactical Leg Sweep
False Dichotomy
shoeless joe
If you don't want to to be the guy who gets raped by the rowdy gay BJJ enthusiast you better learn you some BJJ.
Alternatively, you could elbow/knee/punch/knife them in the face/throat/junk instead of trying to play their game. You'd be surprised how often that works.

Oh wait, I forgot, you can't do that in UFC... because UFC isn't fighting.

Yes. because punching and kicking someone in the throat or even stabbing them works so well when they're on top of you.

Oh wait, I forgot, you're full of s**t and probably have never been in a fight in your life.
So you let them grab you...?

It's your own fault if someone gets you in a BJJ hold. No excuses.

Right, your TEH ULTIMATE STREET LETHAL KICKS would stop someone from taking you down. It's totally impossible that someone who trains to take opponents to the ground on a regular basis in NO way could be able to close the distance and bring the fight to where he or she is comfortable, especially because despite you NOT being well versed in takedowns (since you think it's all fake and whatnot), you'd just use one of your super hulk strikes and he'd stop dead in his tracks. Yup.
I don't think "takedowns" are fake or stupid. I think BJJ is stupid, and the throws it uses are. Squat, oh wait, it doesn't work anymore. Don't stand still, oh it doesn't work anymore.

As for my "super hulk strikes" fine, rush at me. I hope you don't mind losing your eyes, genitals, or a working windpipe. It doesn't take a very hard hit to stop someone.*hinthint*punching them in the chest is stupid*

rofl Yep. Your super accurate lethal deadly strikes would totally incapacitate someone who trains to bring opponents to the ground.

Tell you what, go to a BJJ school and tell them you want to prove how useless their takedowns are. Also I like how you put takedowns in quotations because you're completely ignorant about grappling. Anywho, go with a camera and please film it. Use your street lethal krotty techniques. lol

Shameless Mystic

Riviera de la Mancha
False Dichotomy

The more you talk, the more I am willing to bet your knowledge of the martial arts is based on what you learned playing Tekken or SSF.
Have you ever seen someone put a hold, throw, or "takedown" on someone who's actively moving? No, because you can't do it, and nobody can. The leverage just isn't there.

And for the record, I've been studying several martial arts for 5 years now, and nearly all of them make BJJ look like a joke just with basic entry level skills.
This is kinda lulzy actually, not gonna lie.

Realistically however, most fights do end up on the ground and knowing "touchy" techniques actually gives you an advantage.

However of course, I get a feeling majority of Gaia watches too much anime and thinks they can kick anyone's a** or have knowledge on such a topic.
Xiam
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Xiam
homophobic lol

Um... I guess? I've got nothing against gays, I just don't want to place myself in a gay situation.

So your weakness essentially would be to have a group of gay brawlers just bum rush you?

Damn, someone hire a gay hitman on this guy.

Seriously, your fear of being in a "gay" situation seems more like an outcry of insecurity.
False Dichotomy
Riviera de la Mancha
False Dichotomy

The more you talk, the more I am willing to bet your knowledge of the martial arts is based on what you learned playing Tekken or SSF.
Have you ever seen someone put a hold, throw, or "takedown" on someone who's actively moving? No, because you can't do it, and nobody can. The leverage just isn't there.

And for the record, I've been studying several martial arts for 5 years now, and nearly all of them make BJJ look like a joke just with basic entry level skills.

Now it's clear you know d**k about martial arts, especially grappling. You can't take someone down who is moving? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGdwT-E80I

Oh look at that. 9 whole minutes of people being taken down while moving.

Yeah, I'm sure your krotty is too powerful for BJJ.
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_

Realistically however, most fights do end up on the ground and knowing "touchy" techniques actually gives you an advantage.

However of course, I get a feeling majority of Gaia watches too much anime and thinks they can kick anyone's a** or have knowledge on such a topic.

See: False Dichotomy.
Tactical Leg Sweep
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_

What about it?
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_
Tactical Leg Sweep
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_

What about it?

False Dichotomy (username not the fallacy) has come up with this...

Step 1) squat to make yourself immune to the takedown
Step 2) move around to make yourself immune to the grab
Step 3) pluck eyes, genitals, and/or throat from opponent

INVINCIBLE
shoeless joe
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_
Tactical Leg Sweep
_AYe swur Im nat drunk_

What about it?

False Dichotomy (the user) has come up with this...

INVINCIBLE

The version I know of this would be MACP Army Combatives... which honestly isnt helpful because of the added weight to the kevlar, IOTV vest and weapon in hand.

However- long as I can kill somebody trying to rush me quickly by any means necessary, I'm fine.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

This is just a grappling technique. Though most of the fighting arts I've heard of, it's not advised to get down with the opponent; but in these sports fighting competitions, it's not like a real fight.

ѕтєаιтн | ғюяїѕн | cоιιєcт

Shameless Mystic

Tactical Leg Sweep

Right, not practical at all in a self defense situation. Oh s**t, look, BJJ used in a real fight.
You know what, I'm going to watch all of them just to spite you.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mSN2ol5ek
Multiple attackers. Blam, he's dead now. Not all assaults and robberies are with only one assailant.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps9CeN-uCD4
Cool, 3 people (at least) against one fat kid. Bravo. Oh wait, the fat kid was the one in the hold. I take that back. That's the worst possible example you could've have shown.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbmKJa_des&feature=related
Cool, they're brawling and trading blows. Know what you can't trade blows with? Knives.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOjrSiv0ag&feature=related
Oo, hands around his throat at 0:34. Classy. Oh, hey, what if he had a knife? Oh, or what if he had buddies who'd stomp the life out of him. Fortunately, none of these happened because this was two dudes getting in a brawl, not an attempt on anyone's life.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FFupYd-v4&feature=related
Cool, he got no less than 14 solid hits on him before finally grabbing the guy by 1:35. Once again, Knives. Not only would he have died were that a knife fight, but he freaking grabbed him with his legs?!?!?!? One good slash on the inner thigh and you die within minutes.

ooh, or multiple attackers. Wait, no, that's overkill. I'll leave this one alone, I've made by point.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZTsdUFhj0
I got bored of this one after a minute and a half of them dryhumping across the room. Knives, yadayadayada, doesn't work with weapons yadayada, gets you killed blah blah blah.

I don't care about boxing. I didn't mention it, and my primary concern is the delusion that taking 2+ minutes to pin someone in the perfect kamasutra love position too embarrassing to get out of without getting stabbed.

Quote:
Should we go to the countless news stories of MMA fighters fighting in real life? Oh s**t, Roger Huerta beating the s**t out of someone much bigger and stronger than him.
Or when Junie Browning gets beaten and stabbed nearly to death by a group of attackers in Thailand that somehow didn't kill him. Oh wait, that doesn't help you.
I can use google too wink

Quote:
Yeah, you're full of s**t. But let's hear what TEH ULTIMATE STREET LETHAL fighting style you think is reality compared to the "fake" fighting in MMA.
There's a lot of lethal fighting styles out there that translate well to street. Hint Hint, none of them grapple on the floor for 2 freaking minutes.

Shameless Mystic

shoeless joe

Grabs your legs? Squat. Congratulations, they have no leverage, destroy them.
Quote:
Try grabbing a mobile target.
Quote:
Generally, yea. Eyes out? Safe. Groin thoroughly flattened? Usually pretty safe. Punch/elbow to the throat? They die of a collapsed windpipe... or they just can't breath for a while. Either way, get away.

What are you not understanding?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces