Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Yes, you know them.

The ones who go through all of the topics, finding one reason or another to abuse the REPORT button, because they either don't like the topic, or they think it doesn't "belong" in a certain category.

Personally, I don't think if something doesn't fit the "criteria" for a forum 100%, it's a big deal. I really don't care, and I don't see why some people do.

EVERYTHING can be turned into an extended discussion, because people are always bringing in new thoughts and ideas to a subject.

What do YOU think? Do YOU care about whether something is 100% fitting to a forum? Or, are YOU one of those Topic-Nazis who feel the need to "CLEANSE" the forums? If so, why?

LET ME REVISE THIS: I am not talking about SPAM posts. Topics that are BLATANTLY against what a forum is for IE: "POST UR PICS!!!111" or "i ned a bf" are OBVIOUSLY not going to generate discussion. What I meant was a topic that has SOME sort of throught into it. For example, I saw a post moved that had asked if anyone has been close to dying, and people had a fit saying it wasn't in the right forum. I don't see how you cannot discuss a near-death experience.
i'm with you on this one....anything can be ED...it depends on the people who comment on it, i suppose
Nazi is being used out of context here. You're adding to the problem by calling people 'nazi's.
JunieNicole
Yes, you know them.

The ones who go through all of the topics, finding one reason or another to abuse the REPORT button, because they either don't like the topic, or they think it doesn't "belong" in a certain category.

Personally, I don't think if something doesn't fit the "criteria" for a forum 100%, it's a big deal. I really don't care, and I don't see why some people do.

EVERYTHING can be turned into an extended discussion, because people are always bringing in new thoughts and ideas to a subject.

What do YOU think? Do YOU care about whether something is 100% fitting to a forum? Or, are YOU one of those Topic-Nazis who feel the need to "CLEANSE" the forums? If so, why?

This doesn't belong in ED. Reported.
Just kidding.
Although it sometimes can be bad, it's annoying when people post in ED saying, "I want gold give me sum plz!!!!1~"
ummm.... Change the topic title... now. It's misleading and has absolutely nothing to do with what you actually wrote.
Well, I'm not the type of person who reports the threads that 'don't belong' in ED, but I disagree slightly on the idea of yours that ANY topic can be turned into a extended discussion. Some threads that are like "hi" in ED can only be changed into an 'acceptable' thread by completely changing what the thread started out as. So, most of these types of posts, unless it can actually be extended, should remain in the chatterbox.

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Ghavrel

This doesn't belong in ED. Reported.
Just kidding.
Although it sometimes can be bad, it's annoying when people post in ED saying, "I want gold give me sum plz!!!!1~"

Oh I agree with that.
You absolutely can't create a discussion about "OMFG GOLDZZZZ" lol. Those I would pretty much just consider spam, anyway.

And, I think Nazi fits this just fine, thanks smile

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Kazushi Sakuraba
ummm.... Change the topic title... now. It's misleading and has absolutely nothing to do with what you actually wrote.

I think it fits perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch.
JunieNicole
Yes, you know them.

I'd wager that most topics which actually get moved do not fit the forum in which they were reported at all. If a topic is obviously little more than attempt to either "Pick up girls", "Bump for Gold", or something similar, why should it be in ED? I don't see that "girls send me ur picz!" is at all capable of generating any discussion. That's the criteria I would use, myself, when considering whether a particular topic should be reported. No, not everything can be turned into an extended discussion, unless your idea of "discussion" includes "bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump" and "i like girlz/boiz".
This goes better in the General Discussion forum.
You know, I was under the influence that nazi's where those people who abused Jews, Blacks, Gays, and Gypsies during the second great war, but perhas I'm the messed up one here, because you seem pretty confident here.

You should watch your use of that word, it's a very sensitive subject, even today, 60 years later.
JunieNicole
Kazushi Sakuraba

Well Ed Gein thought what he was doing was perfectly fine, did that make him killing about 13 women fine? No. Same applies here.
Devil Shed
JunieNicole
Yes, you know them.

I'd wager that most topics which actually get moved do not fit the forum in which they were reported at all. If a topic is obviously little more than attempt to either "Pick up girls", "Bump for Gold", or something similar, why should it be in ED? I don't see that "girls send me ur picz!" is at all capable of generating any discussion. That's the criteria I would use, myself, when considering whether a particular topic should be reported. No, not everything can be turned into an extended discussion, unless your idea of "discussion" includes "bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump" and "i like girlz/boiz".
those topics usually gather attention seekers with little imagination to come up with a topic. I guess it all they know....

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Spiders
You know, I was under the influence that nazi's where those people who abused Jews, Blacks, Gays, and Gypsies during the second great war, but perhas I'm the messed up one here, because you seem pretty confident here.

You should watch your use of that word, it's a very sensitive subject, even today, 60 years later.

It is not my problem if people are easilly offended.

But thank you for your opinion.

8,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200
Kazushi Sakuraba
JunieNicole
Kazushi Sakuraba

Well Ed Gein thought what he was doing was perfectly fine, did that make him killing about 13 women fine? No. Same applies here.

And if you think that's a good analogy... well, I have nothing to say about that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff