Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Demigod

How many of you will wear pink to show your support? Here is mine.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
What does it seek to accomplish?

Romantic Demigod

My Dog Mr. Kitty

It is to show other people they have decided to take a stand against bullying.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Probably to say 'stand up to bullies?' I can think of doing better things then to wear pink. Like for example not to let parents raise kids to be douches. I don't have many ideas as to end bullying other then to work with child psychologists to form thing sin which give kids more confidence to report on bullying, or to stand up to the bullies.
I mean when you hear about kids standing up to bullies you often hear the kids who stand up getting just as badly, if not worse punishment then the actual bully. So do away with that nonsense.
How I dealt with bullies was to ignore them, they wanted a reaction and I did not give them one. Eventually they left me alone. Well that and bringing a knife to school on accident and getting suspended for a term for that.

Dangerous Lunatic

...Shouldn't every day be Bully awareness Day?
# BULLIED PEOPLE MATTER

Shirtless Member

I ignored bullies, but when they could not be ignored I fought back.

A couple weird things to note: I never got into trouble for hitting bullies, knives were not allowed in school but three times I was cleaning crap from under my nails at my desk in class and realized I was doing it with a knife.

Pretty sure that's why I don't win at draws and things anymore, I used up all my luck doing mildly stupid s**t in high school. emo
Bullies serve a valuable purpose in society.
And more often than not they never fully mature past the jock boyhood mentality, girls as well, never fully mature.
They serve a valuable purpose in schools, preparing other children for the reality of life.

I think a far better thing to do would be to teach bullied children how to deal with bullying problems OTHER than to just run and tell an adult or other authoritative figure.

I'd wear pink and drop 14.99 on a shirt if I thought it would do anything, but I don't and I wouldn't want to.
Being bullied was the best thing that ever happened to me. I know some people end up stuck in a phase of self loathing and it can be hard to break that cycle and THAT is where I think education needs to step in and give bully victims the tools to over come and surpass those feelings.
You'll never change predatory behavior, that exists and it always has and always will.
Giving students the tools to raise above that adversity is better than trying to eliminate that adversity.

Beloved Lunatic

The whole anti-bullying movement seems hollow to me. It's like a bunch of people too removed from a situation to understand it trying to fix it. It reminds me of no tolerance policies. I'll take no part in it.

Wheezing Egg

X_Torric_X
...Shouldn't every day be Bully awareness Day?

Agreed. Anti-bullying shouldn't be a "get together one day movement and next day, next issue" thing.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
soul of ana
My Dog Mr. Kitty

It is to show other people they have decided to take a stand against bullying.

Oh, so slacktivism then?
Want to support anti-bullying? Get school boards and admin to take the problem more seriously and realistically. Teach kids to stand up for themselves and fight back. Wearing a color doesn't mean s**t.
It's such a crock of shite.

My son has been terribly bullied his entire elementary school career and each year those same bullies put on their anti-bullying shirts and pretend to care and promise to be better to each other and those same teachers and staff who did nothing to help my son prance around pretending that their school is the safe space they promise it to be or that they give a s**t. They don't. The next day those same bullies are back at it and the same day those same staff are turning the other way while my son is slapped, shoved around, stabbed with pencils and so forth. The whole thing is a ridiculous circle jerk of hypocrisy.
Rhianna
It's such a crock of shite.

My son has been terribly bullied his entire elementary school career and each year those same bullies put on their anti-bullying shirts and pretend to care and promise to be better to each other and those same teachers and staff who did nothing to help my son prance around pretending that their school is the safe space they promise it to be or that they give a s**t. They don't. The next day those same bullies are back at it and the same day those same staff are turning the other way while my son is slapped, shoved around, stabbed with pencils and so forth. The whole thing is a ridiculous circle jerk of hypocrisy.

Read my post.

teach your son how to deal with it. If the bullies are getting physical with him, teach him to stand up for himself. He might get a s**t kicking, but it'll make him a better person later in life.
Besides, a few hard knocks are good for a boy.
You need to teach him, don't count on anyone else, he's YOUR son. Teach him, give him the tools. Make his adversity the stone and give him the chisel. Let him carve out his own identity, and teach him to be proud of that.
Just telling him you love him and that those naughty boys at school can't see what a "sweet sensitive caring boy" he is and that they're "just jealous" or whatever you do, ain't helping your boy.
Get him involved in sports. Seriously, any sport. Bribe him with whatever he wants to just stick with it for a season. Get him into body building or working out. Give him an outlet and real *advice* instead of soppy sentimentality. No offense, he's your son not mine, but this is a thread on bullying and this is how I think it should be dealt with.
I'm not insulting your abilities as a mother, so please don't think that.

For the record, I'm pro-bullying, for reasons outlined in my previous post everyone ignored.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff