This poll closed on January 28, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Blessed Bunny

17,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I won't get to see my girlfriend on the day of, but I'll be visiting just a few days later.

I'm of mixed mind about Valentine's Day. The way it's made much of is pretty silly, and I think it can do a lot of potential harm to people who buy into it too much -- if you're in a truly GOOD relationship, then it shouldn't matter much what happens on a particular arbitrary day. One person being temporarily broke, or the couple just happening to get into a fight a week beforehand, things that wouldn't be significant if they happened any old time, shouldn't be treated as a big deal just because they happen near some day that has nothing to do with that specific relationship. And if you're in a relationship that isn't very good, Valentine's Day isn't going to change that all by itself, but some people seem to believe it will. And people who aren't in a relationship that buy into it are made to feel even more like something is wrong with them than usual.

On the other hand, if one doesn't get too caught up in the pop-cultural hype, it can be fun.

I'm not personally a big fan either of going out and making a big to-do of Valentine's Day or of public loveydoveyness (I'm not really all that loveydovey in private either), but I recognize that many other people do, and that there are places where a level of public affection that is perfectly appropriate can draw unwanted attention to a gay or lesbian couple (nevermind, say, some friends of mine -- who are all 40ish and have been together about a decade -- who are a m/f/m triad). If you're one of those people who enjoys making a big deal out of Valentine's Day, I'd go to someplace you know will be friendly, if you can find one. Save fighting for visibility and tolerance for another day, unless fighting for visibility and tolerance is both your and your partner's idea of a romantic way to spend an evening. (For all I know it might be!)

Romantic Phantom

Now of the above.
I think it's fun but, I usually spend it at home alone.
I'll probably spend it here,,,, It is so depressing. I dont have a BF
MuffinMistress
heart Eh, i always liked Valentines day.

i think it's cute how couples have a little reminder to be sweet and really appreciate each other... and since i've always felt that VD = chocolate, that's all i need to keep me happy. whee *is a chocoholic*

Besides, Valentines day is about love. There are three kinds of love, body mind and soul. Even without a significant other, i'm happy celebrating all the wonderful people that i have in my life. 3nodding

I agree fully!
i'll be at school. if i'm lucky there will be a dance. but other then that i'll be at home. oh wait i'll be at rythimic gymnastics. its a day of school. followed by a dinner with homework. and a movie with rythmic gymnastics. great evenin but at school is where my sweetheart is
I'm spending mine at home, in my room listening Linmin Park while I cut myself.

CRRRAAAAWWWWLLLLLIIINNNGG IIIINNNN MMMMYY SKKKKINN!
Starlock
The only reason I look forward to Valentine's Day is because it is the only time of year you can get those yummy nummy candy hearts.... (drools)

My grandma always gets that for us! *drools* I love them!
I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day...I find that it really isn't anything but another day. It's just that people made it stand out a bit more and they buy little cute gifts for their girlfriend or boyfriend.

I myself am a bit of a loner. I don't have very many friends in real life. And the few I have are rather distant...some may say that we are just good acquaintances.

I was never big on going to dances nor was I ever big on going places with friends. But if I'm feeling rather nice around Valentine's day...I may buy a small gift for one or two of my friends.

Yes I do have a boyfriend this year. But my views aren't changing. We didn't even buy each other anything for Christmas even though we talked about it. I didn't get him anything for his birthday and I believe I'm not receiving anything for mine. I do however...cherish every moment I've spent with him even if we have been together since last April.

Valentine's Day is nothing but another day. Just another "holiday" to go out and buy gifts at stores so they get more money. Spending time with my boyfriend is good enough. I don't need a special day to show him how much I love and care for him. I can do that anyday I want and at anytime. Not just once a year on a specific holiday.

Nontheless...for those of you who do celebrate and have your own feelings. I wish you a good heart Valentine's Day heart

Feel free to PM me if you wish lol.
I have never had a bf before this year, but I have never hated Valentine's day. I am not uber excited about it this year because I won't get to see my boyfriend, but as someone said in an earlier post, it isn't a big deal because every day I get to spend with him is special.

I think Valentine's day is sweet though. It's a day just to honor and appreciate love and one's SO. It's like mother's day, except for couples.
Well, the person I really care about is somewhere else, and I don't even know if she even cares about me anymore.

So I'm really not sure yet.
i dont really like valentine's day because the day just reminds me of how lonely i am crying
i like somebody, but im getting mixed feelings about telling her. sweatdrop
I wanna spen Valentine's Day w/ my bestest friend guy, John. I love him so much, I wanna be w/ him for ever. No matter the cost. heart
i think valentine's day is kind of pointless and depressing! when two ppl are together they love eachother ''more'', it should be like that everyday if you really do like the person! and when your not with someone it makes it depressing for that person. but ya thats what i think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff