Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, it's Valentine's Day and you're:

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 28, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Pfftt.... I'll be Spending time alone... DUH! Anyways, Valentines Day is a dumb a** holiday!
Spending it at home with my daughter, she'll be 2 months old! I *may* go on a date, I dunno yet. There's a guy I realllllllyyyyyyy like who adores my little girl, maybe he'll take us out... ^.^
Xiu Juan
To me, Valentine's Day is a wonderful holiday filled with love, kisses, and chocolate. It's a day where you can be as romantic as you want and I think it's absolutly wonderful. Some, however, aren't into Valentine's so they stay in their homes until the whole day has passed.

I like Valentine's Day too, except when I have a Special Someone to share it with. It's less fun that way, for me, at least. It's filled with so many obligations stare Valentine's Day is great when you're with friends and you get those silly tiny cards with a cartoon character or celebrity on them.
Xiu Juan
Here is what I thought just ten minutes ago: what if you were homosexual? If someone's gay or a lesbian and spend it openly on Valentine's Day, I think it's wonderful that they found love. To me, it's better to have loved and lost then to not love at all.

How does that quote even relate to what you were saying? Homosexuals, if they are spending the day with their Special Someone, have not lost anything.

And, I don't think i agree with that in the first place. But that's another matter.
Xiu Juan
Sadly, not every one thinks along with me. I remember going to a resturant with some friends and sit behind this couple. A gay couple was across from us and were holding hands and all that jazz that couples do. The people next to us hissed and critizied (i'd rather not write what they said) about the couple. When my friends and I finished and left the resturant, one of the girls with me called me and said some horrible things about the couple.

In my opinion, that's despicable. If they don't like it, don't talk about sheesh. Hm...I wonder if the people near you would have talked about them if they were, say, a black man and Asian woman. Probably. I hope you backed up the couple in the phone call.

Hm, well, regarding Valentine's Day itself....I think that every day should be a day to show how much you love someone. All this results in making other people feel bad. Valentine's Day is to show off your love, and while that's nice, most of the time it just makes people feel crappy.

What if your boy/girlfriend dies before Valentine's Day? Will you feel sad because you weren't able to lavish love and attention on them before because it wasn't Valentine's Day? Why bother saying it on Valentine's Day when you could say it before? Why not buy a present for your loved one for no reason? I've found those kind f presents often feel better than one given merely because it's a holiday.

Blessed Bunny

17,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
*reads thread after posting in it*

Looks like most people are just saying the same things that people, and particularly (but definitely not only) teenagers, always say about Valentine's Day and not much of anything to do with the topic at hand.
My school always hosts this crappy dance so I usually invite any firends who are boarders over to pretend it's any other weekend. We sit around, pig out, play video games, watch TV and stay up late.

Valentine was an interesting story but I feel the 'holideay' is overrated and far to commercial. Serious. The couples feel like they should just all but begin humping in the hallways, girls get snotty for getting love poetry instead of jewelry from their boyfriends....
Valentines day started in Rome when emperor Claudius made all marriages illegal, hoping it would encourage people to recruit into the army. A priest named Valentine began marrying people in secret. He was thrown into prison where he fell in love with the jailer's blind daughter. He suppsedly healed her. When he was going to be executed, he sent her a good-bye letter signed "from your Valentine."
And so it began! Damn the Romans!
BUMP... i wanna just give you a huggles ::huggles::
my valentines day will be spent much like it always has....
i'll go to school, secretly hoping to get a card or flower or something from
Kyune or Kashi or some one, then i'll see the chance to get something for one of them but i'll not notice or not be thinking.

Then i'll go home and wonder why nothing happened....
...kinda sad really....

The post above the previous post was very insightfull
at least you guys have SOMEone to spend it with... with it be a SO or friends xp
Starlock
I've never liked this holiday. It just makes everyone who dosen't have an SO feel like S-H-I-T. stare And even if you do have an SO, every single day with them is special. What makes this day so different? All the days are special. 3nodding

My words exactly. EXACTLY.
I love to see other couples together, no matter what sexuality. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see other people in love and happy like that. heart

If only I could be with my boyfriend this Valentine's Day.. bah! sad

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
well I unfortunatly I have to spend Valentines alone every year...to me Valentines is overrated, I think hey this year is a new year why not try again? then boom, dumped before that awful day. I say if you have a lover, hold on to them, when valentines comes around treat them well. when I was little I didnt get too many valentines, I feel unloved.
Dizzy Aquarius
well I unfortunatly I have to spend Valentines alone every year...to me Valentines is overrated, I think hey this year is a new year why not try again? then boom, dumped before that awful day. I say if you have a lover, hold on to them, when valentines comes around treat them well. when I was little I didnt get too many valentines, I feel unloved.
::huggles:: i love you! heart ..... as long as you dont mind me being gay xd

9,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Autobiographer 200
I hate obligatory holidays.. you knwo the oens that if you DONT get someone what you should.. then you feel guilty.. even though the dont deserveit neutral .. to comemrcialized for my liking
I don't care about Valentine's Day. you can celebrate it, you can say all you want about it. But I never will celebrate it, simplyfor the fact I have no reason to celebrate it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff