Kitanijuro's Wife

Dapper Conversationalist

9,025 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Overstocked 200
sir mocha latte
It doesn't exist.

I seem to be running across a lot of White people who feel this way when faced with prejudices from other races. Reverse racism makes it seem like racism has a default...and it doesn't.

As a Black woman I feel people need to understand that systematic racism in America benefits white people. It's called white privilege. Although many people will disagree their tune changes when they see what POC have to deal with when both parties have the same opportunities. I guess this discussion is mainly about why people believe "reverse racism" exists and if it truly affects they way of living socially, financially, politically, educationally...Etc.

I am interested as to what actions are happening for WP to claim reverse racism and feel any of their rights as a human are being infringed.

Of course include black supremacy acts and the such.

I don't believe there is any difference between racial discrimination and any other kind of discrimination, aside from history. Historically, there haven't been wars over people judging others for other stereotypical reasons. However, I am judged quite frequently based on what I wear, even though I am white. I hear people say, "I hate swagsters", and not all of them are black at all.
However, I did grow up in a very racist household, although as an adult, I am able to see clearly that humanity as a whole, is of the same value. It's not about history, it's not about how you're raised. In my opinion, it's a matter of intelligence, empathy, and comprehensive ability. Anyone I know of reasonable intelligence isn't racist, and many of those I know are who racist aren't the brightest I've known, whether it be racism against blacks or Indians, or Asians, ect. A lot of it is really the fear of the unknown, and anyone who is willing to educate themselves isn't going to find solace in hurting others by racial means.
Thank you for reading.
Leo.

Magical Girl

Senator Armstrong
The20
HMS Thunder Child
Phersu
Calling someone a cracker when they are not a cracker (the actual cracker) or even look like one is offensive and if it's based on the colour of someone's skin then that is in fact racist.

You don't need to have a historical past in order to have become a victim of racism. So drop the "Back in the days - When we were slaves" card, racism has existed way before that too, and you should not bring that up to people who have not physically been there to have caused you any of the historical pain.

It is just as offensive as a racist word with a historical past because the word does not correctly or even politely describe the person that the word is aimed at and it offends them.

White people do encounter racism and do become victims of such too, stop living in your own little bubble.
I wonder how many white people have been brutalized, lynched, raped, murdered, et cetera, by a crowd of people chanting cracker.

Oh yeah, zero.
I wonder when you will finally stop with this horseshit.

Oh right, never.

He's got a point.
She.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Senator Armstrong
Phersu

It is just as offensive as a racist word with a historical past because the word does not correctly or even politely describe the person that the word is aimed at and it offends them. .

Without the history it doesn't ******** mean anything.

Actually....it does. History is irrelevant. If something offends someone, it just offends them, and that's all that matters.

Quote:
Words have meaning.

And history plays no necessary part in that equation.

Quote:
You are the biggest ******** retard if you think words have no inherent power.

And yet, here you are claiming that one doesn't. So are you now a "retard", as well? ( by the way, that's offensive )

Quote:
The entire marketing industry exists exclusively because of the power of words.

Marketing? No. Marketing exists because of supply and demand. The power of words is just a boost to demand.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
HMS Thunder Child
Phersu
Calling someone a cracker when they are not a cracker (the actual cracker) or even look like one is offensive and if it's based on the colour of someone's skin then that is in fact racist.

You don't need to have a historical past in order to have become a victim of racism. So drop the "Back in the days - When we were slaves" card, racism has existed way before that too, and you should not bring that up to people who have not physically been there to have caused you any of the historical pain.

It is just as offensive as a racist word with a historical past because the word does not correctly or even politely describe the person that the word is aimed at and it offends them.

White people do encounter racism and do become victims of such too, stop living in your own little bubble.
I wonder how many white people have been brutalized, lynched, raped, murdered, et cetera, by a crowd of people chanting cracker.

Oh yeah, zero.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, actually. Ever heard of the Black Panthers? Or the Bloods and Crips? Pretty sure all 3 have done at least brutalized and murdered white people. And I'm quite positive the word "cracker" has been tossed around during these activities, quite frequently.

So....yeah. There's that. No idea what the actual figure would be, but I can guaran-goddamn-tee you it's more than "zero". But I guess we're just going to look the other way on all that, right?

That said, how is any of that relevant? Why does someone have to suffer a history of a negative term being used against them violently, for them to be "allowed" to be offended at the negative term? Perhaps it doesn't hinge on violence, at all? Ever consider that? Maybe people just aren't fond of being degraded and dehumanized by a term who's context is racial? Hell, maybe they just aren't fond of the hypocrisy of someone being allowed to do to them, what they wouldn't stand for having done to themselves.

Sorry, sweets, but the "History" cop-out isn't going to fly. Racism is ******** racism, whether you like it or not. So you can cut the self-loathing white guilt bullshit, anytime now.
HMS Thunder Child
Senator Armstrong
The20
HMS Thunder Child
Phersu

Oh yeah, zero.

Oh right, never.

He's got a point.
She.

My mistake. I tend to assume everyone is a gremlin.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Magical Girl

Senator Armstrong
HMS Thunder Child
Senator Armstrong
The20
HMS Thunder Child
Phersu

Oh yeah, zero.

Oh right, never.

He's got a point.
She.

My mistake. I tend to assume everyone is a gremlin.
I do a convincing job role playing as one.
RidekkoKomotion
But isn't it extremely unfair and hypocritical to suggest that only white-skinned people are prejudice?

I'm pretty sure no one's saying that.

Heroic Hero

RidekkoKomotion
Silent Mule Man
RidekkoKomotion
But isn't it extremely unfair and hypocritical to suggest that only white-skinned people are prejudice?

I'm pretty sure no one's saying that.

I've read several times in people's debates that white people don't have to deal with racial slurs and prejudice, which is suggestive that white=evil racist and non-white= innocent victims.

That seems to be the narrative these days when talking about racism. Also noteworthy, these type of threads usually focus on racism in Western nations (such as in the US) and ignore a large part of the world... where whites aren't looked upon to favorably.

Dabbler

HMS Thunder Child

Oh yeah, zero.
Jews.

Man-Hungry Millionaire

what a lot of you are forgetting is racism isn't just a couple of people with prejudice, it's institutionalized prejudice a poc saying "cracker" isn't the same as using a racial slur towards a poc as culturally (in the united states) there is preference and bias towards white and white-passing people.

it may not be as blatently apparent (no one is saying every single poc faces violent hate crimes every single day. some do. but not all.) but it does exist and if you are white you won't understand because you won't seeit as often, if at all. i'm white-passing hispanic (meaning, i'm pale so everyone assimes i'm white which in itself is actually kind of racist) so the microagressions i face arent usually about my race but i've seen them towards my darker-skinned, more sterotypically hispanic-looking family.

but it doesn't happen towards white people. it doesn't. you don't get asked ignorant to downright rude and hateful questions or have to deal with being treated differently because of your skin color.

reverse racism exists the same amount as heterophobia does. as in, not at all. you fit the social norm, you aren't oppressed, shut up.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
gongju byeong
what a lot of you are forgetting is racism isn't just a couple of people with prejudice,

It can be.

Quote:
it's institutionalized prejudice

Not necessarily. That's institutionalized racism. Which is only one form of such.

Quote:
a poc saying "cracker" isn't the same as using a racial slur towards a poc

Um...yeah it is. It's a term with racial context being applied to negatively affect a given person / group of people.

That's....exactly the same thing.

Quote:
as culturally (in the united states) there is preference and bias towards white and white-passing people.

That changes nothing.

Quote:
it may not be as blatently apparent (no one is saying every single poc faces violent hate crimes every single day. some do. but not all.) but it does exist and if you are white you won't understand because you won't see it as often, if at all.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How appropriate.

And yeah...that's pretty much what I think, when people say "...you wouldn't understand". It's just a cop-out to try to pass something off as just being a "in-group" thing, that you could somehow only understand if you yourself were in the said group. Which typically means it's horseshit.

Quote:
i'm white-passing hispanic (meaning, i'm pale so everyone assimes i'm white which in itself is actually kind of racist)

How exactly is it racist to call a spade a spade? If you look white, I'm going to assume my eyes aren't ******** with me. Because I don't need to know your entire ******** genetic history, to make a stab at identifying you. You're white ( I'm guessing ) and Obama is black. That's all the ******** that matters.

Quote:
so the microagressions i face arent usually about my race but i've seen them towards my darker-skinned, more sterotypically hispanic-looking family.

but it doesn't happen towards white people.

That you would know of. See, you're "not really white", so you "wouldn't understand".

Yeah, I can do that, too...

Quote:
it doesn't. you don't get asked ignorant to downright rude and hateful questions

The ******** I don't...

Quote:
or have to deal with being treated differently because of your skin color.

Again...the ******** I don't....

Quote:
reverse racism exists the same amount as heterophobia does. as in, not at all. you fit the social norm, you aren't oppressed, shut up.

How would you know?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Naked Bacon
HMS Thunder Child

Oh yeah, zero.
Jews.

Jews, and any white person who's ever ventured into the "wrong" part of town. Like East St. Louis.

Go ahead. Cross the Old Miss. Get off the highway, and go find people to talk to. Just remember that when they call you "cracker", it doesn't mean "friend"....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff