7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Exoth XIII
sir mocha latte
Exoth XIII
sir mocha latte

As a Black woman I feel people need to understand that systematic racism in America benefits white people.

I'm sure you do.
However, only the Klan, to my knowledge, has a scholarship that's only available to white people.
Just sayin'.

It seems to me, that while all cultures in America seem to glorify ignorance, that black culture suffers the most from this.
It's not society that's holding you back. It's not even your own capabilities.
It's because so many people accept the role that's handed to them by their culture without question. You want that promotion? Ask your boss how you can improve, to get it. What suggestions he makes, take it to heart.
Keep rising, until you meet your goals.
Don't make excuses. You make excuses, you make yourself into a victim.

Slow your horses buddy, lol.
You seem emotionally affected by my post.

Not particularly.
Quote:

I attended a prestigious university and am now in the Navy. Both were difficult to acquire, especially the first. The "War on Drugs", the crippling nature of "welfare", the education system, prison pipeline...peep those before you jump to conclusions.

There are tax incentives given to universities that enroll a sufficient quantity of minority students. Greed will outweigh prejudice every time.
Not saying you didn't earn entry; I'm sure you did. The fact that it was hard, though, was not a product of prejudice, but of prestige. Success is SUPPOSED to be hard.

The war on drugs hurts black youths because drugs are what's popular. Their education suffers, because "it's cooler to be street." So many of them wind up in jail because "they're gangsta."

It's a damn shame, these kids are capable of so much more. I'm not sure how to fix it, but "arresting them less" won't do it. I think they need better role models.
Quote:

I am Black, I am not lazy.

I didn't say you were.
Quote:
But there are a lot of things that are difficult for me thanks to slavery and racist ideologies. Black people are still working through the psychological and financial problems left over from that sick period of time. White people have benefited in the short and long run because of that capitalistic approach.

I'm actually quite poor, and haven't benefited much from any sort of prejudice. Are you thinking of rich people? Because they benefit from exploiting the poor in general, not JUST the poor blacks.
Quote:

How does someone ask for a promotion from their white boss who is only interested in promoting his white employees?

Is he?
If he promotes someone over you, and he can't give a legitimate way in which that guy was more qualified than you, you can file a discrimination suit, and, more often than not, his a** gets canned by his boss, to save face for the company.
Quote:
This is not a post racial society when the majority of business owners are white.

Well that's a silly thing to say. Most Americans are white.
I also don't think you meant to talk about "business owners," as the owner of a business tends to succeed or fail on his or her own merits; the owner has no "boss" to discriminate.
Quote:
So please...watch what you say about my reality as a black individual.

From what you've said, it DOESN'T describe your reality. You didn't accept the role portrayed as "cool," and instead, rose to meet a goal. Your success seems, to me, to be a direct result of having done exactly as I suggested; you didn't make excuses. You worked your a** off.

Jesus Christ lol...you know nothing.

Black kids in the hood aren't selling drugs because it's simply cool you idiot.
I was raised in the projects till 10.
Some of my peers sold drugs because their parents were crack heads (peep the origin of crack) and they needed to feed their family.

You know nothing about my people but what you see on television.
You're done talking and speaking about how i got into my position in life child lol.

Move along.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
sir mocha latte
Exoth XIII
sir mocha latte
Exoth XIII
sir mocha latte

As a Black woman I feel people need to understand that systematic racism in America benefits white people.

I'm sure you do.
However, only the Klan, to my knowledge, has a scholarship that's only available to white people.
Just sayin'.

It seems to me, that while all cultures in America seem to glorify ignorance, that black culture suffers the most from this.
It's not society that's holding you back. It's not even your own capabilities.
It's because so many people accept the role that's handed to them by their culture without question. You want that promotion? Ask your boss how you can improve, to get it. What suggestions he makes, take it to heart.
Keep rising, until you meet your goals.
Don't make excuses. You make excuses, you make yourself into a victim.

Slow your horses buddy, lol.
You seem emotionally affected by my post.

Not particularly.
Quote:

I attended a prestigious university and am now in the Navy. Both were difficult to acquire, especially the first. The "War on Drugs", the crippling nature of "welfare", the education system, prison pipeline...peep those before you jump to conclusions.

There are tax incentives given to universities that enroll a sufficient quantity of minority students. Greed will outweigh prejudice every time.
Not saying you didn't earn entry; I'm sure you did. The fact that it was hard, though, was not a product of prejudice, but of prestige. Success is SUPPOSED to be hard.

The war on drugs hurts black youths because drugs are what's popular. Their education suffers, because "it's cooler to be street." So many of them wind up in jail because "they're gangsta."

It's a damn shame, these kids are capable of so much more. I'm not sure how to fix it, but "arresting them less" won't do it. I think they need better role models.
Quote:

I am Black, I am not lazy.

I didn't say you were.
Quote:
But there are a lot of things that are difficult for me thanks to slavery and racist ideologies. Black people are still working through the psychological and financial problems left over from that sick period of time. White people have benefited in the short and long run because of that capitalistic approach.

I'm actually quite poor, and haven't benefited much from any sort of prejudice. Are you thinking of rich people? Because they benefit from exploiting the poor in general, not JUST the poor blacks.
Quote:

How does someone ask for a promotion from their white boss who is only interested in promoting his white employees?

Is he?
If he promotes someone over you, and he can't give a legitimate way in which that guy was more qualified than you, you can file a discrimination suit, and, more often than not, his a** gets canned by his boss, to save face for the company.
Quote:
This is not a post racial society when the majority of business owners are white.

Well that's a silly thing to say. Most Americans are white.
I also don't think you meant to talk about "business owners," as the owner of a business tends to succeed or fail on his or her own merits; the owner has no "boss" to discriminate.
Quote:
So please...watch what you say about my reality as a black individual.

From what you've said, it DOESN'T describe your reality. You didn't accept the role portrayed as "cool," and instead, rose to meet a goal. Your success seems, to me, to be a direct result of having done exactly as I suggested; you didn't make excuses. You worked your a** off.

Jesus Christ lol...you know nothing.

Black kids in the hood aren't selling drugs because it's simply cool you idiot.

No, no, no.
They USE drugs because it's cool, and it offers escape from the crap around them.
They SELL drugs because it's relatively easy money, without age labor laws.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Are you saying that people can't be racist against whites? Or that it's stupid to call black on white racism something other than just simply racism?

Because I agree that reverse racism is wrong, but discrimination against whites is quite common

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Are you saying that people can't be racist against whites? Or that it's stupid to call black on white racism something other than just simply racism?

Because I agree that reverse racism is wrong, but discrimination against whites is quite common

Reverse racism doesn't exist.
Racism has no default.
I doubt racism against whites in America is common. Neither is the discrimination as common or widespread as that of POC.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.
I doubt racism against whites in America is common. Neither is the discrimination as common or widespread as that of POC.

I should have clarified that I meant that reverse racism is a wrong term, as all racism is just racism

What about affirmative action?

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.

I should have clarified that I meant that reverse racism is a wrong term, as all racism is just racism

Lol what about it?
Statistically affirmative action is more beneficial for white women.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.

Lol what about it?

According to this black students have a much higher chance of being accepted into a US medical school between 2010 and 2012 when compared to students with the same gpa and test scores of different races

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.

Lol what about it?

According to this black students have a much higher chance of being accepted into a US medical school between 2010 and 2012 when compared to students with the same gpa and test scores of different races

That's one study, about medical school.

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.

Lol what about it?

Also it would be important to note how much black professionals are paid versus white ones in the same job.

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
sir mocha latte
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Lol what about it?

Also it would be important to note how much black professionals are paid versus white ones in the same job.

This study is also failing to show me how many black students are applying to the schools versus whites...

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Racism has no default.

Lol what about it?

One study about all medical schools in the country from a reliable source. Do you have a reason why this is anything but discrimination against whites and asians?
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Lol what about it?

One study about all medical schools in the country from a reliable source. Do you have a reason why this is anything but discrimination against whites and asians?
Woah there, I wouldn't call it discrimination.

Tipsy Capitalist

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Lol what about it?

Reliable doesn't mean correct. What is the pool he is pooling from? How many blacks are apply? It could be 100 blacks applying versus 10,000 whites. Also black grads spend a long time trying to apply to grad schools making sure we can afford it and are qualified enough against our white peers. If the pool is equally 10,000 blacks vs 10,000 whites then there must be more to our resume than the white students. Or perhaps the school wants to be more diverse? Regardless black students and white students probably are not applying to med school at equal rates and even if they were I know there are more white students applying then blacks.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Lol what about it?

Reliable doesn't mean correct. What is the pool he is pooling from? How many blacks are apply? It could be 100 blacks applying versus 10,000 whites. Also black grads spend a long time trying to apply to grad schools making sure we can afford it and are qualified enough against our white peers. If the pool is equally 10,000 blacks vs 10,000 whites then there must be more to our resume than the white students. Or perhaps the school wants to be more diverse? Regardless black students and white students probably are not applying to med school at equal rates and even if they were I know there are more white students applying then blacks.

It doesn't matter how many of each group applies in those numbers. Are you trying to say that black students are on average three times as qualified for school than white students, with equal gpa's and test scores?

The school wants to be more diverse because of affirmative action. It gives them incentives to admit more minorities over whites and more women over men, even to the point of sometimes choosing one person over another more qualified person simply because of their race or gender. This is racism, and it needs to be stopped. There would be an insane uproar about this if it was biased towards whites

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
foxxykitty27
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty
sir mocha latte
My Dog Mr. Kitty

Lol what about it?

Woah there, I wouldn't call it discrimination.

How is it not discrimination? It's giving a preference to certain racial groups over others

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff