Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
A whole lot less of friend zone situations would happen if boys and girls would just be more straight up with each other. Beating around the bush when it comes to ********, is stupid. If you don't want to be in the friend zone, and you want to hump a person, but that person don't want to hump you.......cut your losses. I mean really, why would you want to want to continue being friends with someone you want to ********, but they don't want to ******** you? Would that not be awkward and headache worthy for you?
Love Muffin88
A whole lot less of friend zone situations would happen if boys and girls would just be more straight up with each other. Beating around the bush when it comes to ********, is stupid. If you don't want to be in the friend zone, and you want to hump a person, but that person don't want to hump you.......cut your losses. I mean really, why would you want to want to continue being friends with someone you want to ********, but they don't want to ******** you? Would that not be awkward and headache worthy for you?

It would help if people were more socialized to do this, but telling somebody you're attracted to them is kind of a taboo.

Feline Cat

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Cart Raider 100
To keep it completely gender-neutral, let's call them Apple and Orange.

Apple and Orange are friends. Apple is secretly in love with Orange. Apple does a lot of nice things for Orange, and confesses their feelings eventually. Orange kindly tells them that they value them as a friend, but do not feel the same way. Apple complains about being "friend zoned" and goes to whine on Tumblrs and Twitters and Live Journals and Facebooks. Some of Apple's friends agree with them but...

Who is at fault? Apple. Apple is basically saying that they never valued Orange's friendship and just want to get laid by Orange.

In short: entitlement gets you nowhere. Respect the other person, even if they don't feel the same way.
The Sky Does Not Bow
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli
The Friendzone is the construct of highly entitled manchildren who didn't get the "girl of their dreams" and use it as a way to tear down the woman of said dreams and who ever her SO is, regardless of if the SO is a jerk or not. In most cases, said SO is NOT a jerk, the entitled manchildren just perceive them to be cause they were able to get the woman and they couldn't.

The same could be said of some women, though it's used mainly by the Nice Guy crowd.

Let's be honest here, no man has ever put a woman in "the friend zone."

And I don't even believe the friend zone is a real thing.

I have.
The Sky Does Not Bow
Love Muffin88

It would help if people were more socialized to do this, but telling somebody you're attracted to them is kind of a taboo.

For whom is it taboo? I have never been afraid of telling a girl I like her if I did like them.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli
The Friendzone is the construct of highly entitled manchildren who didn't get the "girl of their dreams" and use it as a way to tear down the woman of said dreams and who ever her SO is, regardless of if the SO is a jerk or not. In most cases, said SO is NOT a jerk, the entitled manchildren just perceive them to be cause they were able to get the woman and they couldn't.

The same could be said of some women, though it's used mainly by the Nice Guy crowd.

actually, that's not true. I did it before. I'm . . . not proud of it, but it did happen.
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli

actually, that's not true. I did it before. I'm . . . not proud of it, but it did happen.

Yeah because not boning a chick is really shameful.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli

that's not why I'm not proud of it. it has to do with the fact that she was really interested in me, and I kinda just kept her around as an ego boost, even though I knew full-well there was no chance of me and her being an item. I really should have been more honest with her.
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Aven Loreli
Aven Loreli

that's not why I'm not proud of it. it has to do with the fact that she was really interested in me, and I kinda just kept her around as an ego boost, even though I knew full-well there was no chance of me and her being an item. I really should have been more honest with her.

Ah.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow

Ah.

actually, to be honest, I probably would have been more ashamed if I had slept with her, since then I would have used her for sex, giving her even more false hope.

not everyone you hate is the same type of monster.
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow

Ah.

actually, to be honest, I probably would have been more ashamed if I had slept with her, since then I would have used her for sex, giving her even more false hope.

I don't hate you?

Fanatical Zealot

Make you should take time to get know people of the opposite gender, and at some point...

You'll realize they're people.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow
Keltoi Samurai
The Sky Does Not Bow

Ah.

I don't hate you?

hmm.

well, you probably should, all told.
The freindzone sounds like a very well thought out mathematically approximated system of friendship distribution points across the friendship city perimeter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff