Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
"My main issue with a lot of pro-lifers is that they tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point, which is unfair seeing as not everyone practices the same religion."

Someone doesn't necessarily have to be religious whatsoever, to be pro-life. I have a brother who is an atheist, and he is pro-life. He personally finds it morally wrong. But that's just him. I'm not sure what is meant by "tend to condone their actions based upon a religious view point"? Like what?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Pro Life Nymph
Abortion is not the answer, no matter what the situation. I don't care if the mother's life is in danger, nor do I care if the fetus is in danger. Call me what you will, I could care less. If a woman didn't want to be pregnant, she wouldn't be out having sex. And rape is also no exception, nor is incest.

Okay, so, basically, if a pregnant woman's life was threatened, to the point where her pregnancy could kill her and her baby, you wouldn't want her to abort the baby so at least one of them could live? That makes no sense.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
My beliefs are only concerned with myself. I don't support abortion, but it's none of my business since they aren't my children

Sugary Cat

What's with the 'if a pregnant woman's life was threatened then an abortion would be fine' responses? If you can't take care of a baby, you can't. It's your body, regardless of how you got pregnant; it'd be rape or by free will. Abortion should always be considered okay, there are enough unwanted children in the world.
while i myself have never been ok with abortion i still think that women have a right to chose i just think all options should have t be looked at first.

here's a link i though would be good for this. its a forum topic wrote by a woman who has had two abortions and it just proves that more info should be available to women. http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about548230.html
"blah blah blah i care more about the rights of a developing fetus that can't think or feel than i do about women but i'm totally not a misogynist"

basically, your bullshit is exactly the same bullshit that every other wants-to-pretend-their-not-a-sexist-s**t pro-lifer spews. quit being proud of yourself for it.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
silkandflowers
"blah blah blah i care more about the rights of a developing fetus that can't think or feel than i do about women but i'm totally not a misogynist"

basically, your bullshit is exactly the same bullshit that every other wants-to-pretend-their-not-a-sexist-s**t pro-lifer spews. quit being proud of yourself for it.

Quit downplaying a growing entity by ASSUMING it can't feel. You're wrong, anyways.

Discovery News

It turns out that no one really knows what it feels like to be a fetus. Through different interpretations of accumulating evidence, various scientists have estimated that pain becomes possible anywhere from 18 to 29 weeks into gestation, maybe later...

... One of the first clues that fetuses might feel pain came in the early 1990s, when researchers in England stuck needles into second-trimester fetuses and observed the release of pain-related hormones and nerve-signaling molecules. Before that, doctors thought the fetal nervous system was too undeveloped to feel pain. Even newborns endured surgeries without anesthesia.

"If you or I had that experience," Derbyshire said, "we would wake up and complain loudly."

Some of Anand's earliest research showed that newborns were far more likely to survive operations when given anesthetics. That made him wonder what happens before birth.

Since then, he said, studies have shown that the fetal brain and body are coordinated enough to experience pain by between about 18 and 20 weeks. When a fetus of that age gets a blood transfusion, for example, changes in heart rate and blood pressure accompany shifts in circulation and spikes in stress hormones. A morphine-like drug calms all of those responses down.

"The die-hards will say these are all reflexes," Anand said. But new evidence, he argued, suggests that the very young brain is developed enough in the right places to take in those sensations and translate them into pain.

"It's excruciating," he said. "Not only is sensitivity to pain higher in the fetus, it doesn't know when the pain is going to end."

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
BTW one can be against abortion morally but not put action into it politically. You like being wrong, don't you?

5,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have never said this before and I usually think it shows an appalling lack of intelligence but in this case:

TL: DR

the gist I got was that OP claims not to hate women (which is pretty much guarantee that misogyny is afoot). Women should have enough money and medical stuff such that having a baby is never a financial or other concern ('cause pregnancy is risk free). Oh and I think I saw a classic "hate the sinner, don't judge the sinner"?

I hope I missed something because the OP kind of promised an opinion that is new and different.
Aven Loreli
Pro Life Nymph
Abortion is not the answer, no matter what the situation. I don't care if the mother's life is in danger, nor do I care if the fetus is in danger. Call me what you will, I could care less. If a woman didn't want to be pregnant, she wouldn't be out having sex. And rape is also no exception, nor is incest.

SEX =/= CONSENT TO PREGNANCY/BABIES

I LOVE having sex.

And I have no plans to have little Me's running around at all until well into the future,

And should an accident happen (i'm on bc), it's getting terminated. Sorry. Not ruining my life just to placate asshats like you who want to control every ******** uterus in existence.

I can't wait 'til there's a quick, easy way to remove unwanted fat.

I mean, I LOVE cake. And I have no plans to gain fifty pounds this year. I just have to eat carefully and hopefully, I won't get fat! But it would be so much easier if I could abort fat. I'd eat cake whenever the hell I wanted to.

Mmmmm. Cake.

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
Nonesuch Solo
Aven Loreli
Pro Life Nymph

I LOVE having sex.

And I have no plans to have little Me's running around at all until well into the future,

And should an accident happen (i'm on bc), it's getting terminated. Sorry. Not ruining my life just to placate asshats like you who want to control every ******** uterus in existence.

I mean, I LOVE cake. And I have no plans to gain fifty pounds this year. I just have to eat carefully and hopefully, I won't get fat! But it would be so much easier if I could abort fat. I'd eat cake whenever the hell I wanted to.

Mmmmm. Cake.

*yawn*

Try again.
Aven Loreli
Nonesuch Solo
Aven Loreli
Pro Life Nymph

I LOVE having sex.

Mmmmm. Cake.

*yawn*

Try again.

I'm serious. It would be ******** awesome. Cake any day of the week. And pizza! Oh gods, I'd eat an entire pizza in one sitting.
Sorry I lean more to pro life. Religion has nothing to do with it.
Phallic Wonderland
silkandflowers

Quit downplaying a growing entity by ASSUMING it can't feel. You're wrong, anyways.

Discovery News

It turns out that no one really knows what it feels like to be a fetus. Through different interpretations of accumulating evidence, various scientists have estimated that pain becomes possible anywhere from 18 to 29 weeks into gestation, maybe later...

... One of the first clues that fetuses might feel pain came in the early 1990s, when researchers in England stuck needles into second-trimester fetuses and observed the release of pain-related hormones and nerve-signaling molecules. Before that, doctors thought the fetal nervous system was too undeveloped to feel pain. Even newborns endured surgeries without anesthesia.

"If you or I had that experience," Derbyshire said, "we would wake up and complain loudly."

Some of Anand's earliest research showed that newborns were far more likely to survive operations when given anesthetics. That made him wonder what happens before birth.

Since then, he said, studies have shown that the fetal brain and body are coordinated enough to experience pain by between about 18 and 20 weeks. When a fetus of that age gets a blood transfusion, for example, changes in heart rate and blood pressure accompany shifts in circulation and spikes in stress hormones. A morphine-like drug calms all of those responses down.

"The die-hards will say these are all reflexes," Anand said. But new evidence, he argued, suggests that the very young brain is developed enough in the right places to take in those sensations and translate them into pain.

"It's excruciating," he said. "Not only is sensitivity to pain higher in the fetus, it doesn't know when the pain is going to end."

Abortion is ILLEGAL before 18 weeks in most places where it is legal at all. And I think I can safely assume that a large majority of modern day pro-choice individuals are arguing for the choice of abortion in the first trimester.

**I didn't really do my research, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nonesuch Solo
Aven Loreli
Pro Life Nymph

I LOVE having sex.

Mmmmm. Cake.

Yes. People should be just as careful about the cake that they eat as they are about the sex that they have.

Love cake too much to stop eating it? Exercise a hell of a lot more.
Love sex too much to be abstinent? Birth control.

If you're trying, then what the hell is wrong with liposuction or abortion?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff