Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Kariel
Mayor of Murderwood
Lady Kariel
Wait, he made them move the location of their wedding so he could play golf? Is that what I'm reading?

The people who operate the golf course did. I don't think Obama did anything here.

Oh of course. Treat the president more special than regular folks. rolleyes

Its a d**k move, to be sure, but its nothing the president did. The course made it their policy to shuffle events should the president come into town.

Honestly, the dickbags should get plenty of well-deserved heat for this.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
You really think that Obama personally contacts anyone over something like this, or even spends the time to make such decisions? It's most likely someone several levels underneath him that made the call to have the course vacated because "The president wants it" without him ever knowing about it.

I really don't think this has much to do with Obama other than the fact that he was present.
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
I would have gone with the needless budget cuts in areas it was stupid to do so and then the reckless spending in areas the military even refused to accept, like accepting 50 tanks the U.S. army has so far refused but shutting down the rifle competition, which would have fielded hundreds of thousands of rifles for our aging, 50 year old designs, which were improperly created in the first place. Which were, surprise, the same price; oh, and the rifle competition was shut down for "budgetary reasons"; my a**.

Granted, that's mostly his defense people overlooking all that rather than him directly in most cases, but it's been pretty bad. Especially with the whole, let's shut down production of the F-22, the actually working model we have of our current aircraft (The F-35 is not yet finished), and that has an unblemished 221-0 kill ratio against all other known fighters (as in, 1 F-22 = 221 kills), and talk about why we don't need two fighter aircraft (cause, the F-15, F16, F-18 etc., NEVER been the way the U.S. has worked in the past, using varying models), and save almost no money because the project costs have almost all already been spent.

Anyways, unintentionally disrupting a wedding is bad, but I don't really see how that means he hates the military per say.

Although it does seem kind of annoying, he is the president, so he likely had an important reason to leave.

The F-22 has not shot down a single aircraft.

I don't think you got what I was saying. xp

You either said it had a 221:0 kill/loss ratio or you said it had that during combat exercises. Neither are true.

Fanatical Zealot

God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
I would have gone with the needless budget cuts in areas it was stupid to do so and then the reckless spending in areas the military even refused to accept, like accepting 50 tanks the U.S. army has so far refused but shutting down the rifle competition, which would have fielded hundreds of thousands of rifles for our aging, 50 year old designs, which were improperly created in the first place. Which were, surprise, the same price; oh, and the rifle competition was shut down for "budgetary reasons"; my a**.

Granted, that's mostly his defense people overlooking all that rather than him directly in most cases, but it's been pretty bad. Especially with the whole, let's shut down production of the F-22, the actually working model we have of our current aircraft (The F-35 is not yet finished), and that has an unblemished 221-0 kill ratio against all other known fighters (as in, 1 F-22 = 221 kills), and talk about why we don't need two fighter aircraft (cause, the F-15, F16, F-18 etc., NEVER been the way the U.S. has worked in the past, using varying models), and save almost no money because the project costs have almost all already been spent.

Anyways, unintentionally disrupting a wedding is bad, but I don't really see how that means he hates the military per say.

Although it does seem kind of annoying, he is the president, so he likely had an important reason to leave.

You either said it had a 221:0 kill/loss ratio or you said it had that during combat exercises. Neither are true.

221 to 0 in simulated combat exercises.
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1

http://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2014/09/23/when_the_french_shot_down_an_f-22_107455.html

Fanatical Zealot

God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1
God Emperor Baldur
Suicidesoldier#1

http://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2014/09/23/when_the_french_shot_down_an_f-22_107455.html

These were training exercises, not simulated combat exercises. The difference is that you often have a bogey which is intended to be "shot down", or that's weakened in some way. Secondly, the video footage never confirms the F-22 was shot down, it just shows that they were in a position to be able to launch a single infrared missile, which is easily stopped by flares. Furthermore, it has additional infrared counter measures, and the F-22 is incredibly agile, meaning that it's possible it could have dodged the missile.

So... yeah. O.o

At best we're talking, a 221 to 1 kill ratio as a result of some strange incident, which is like, woopee?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff