Welcome to Gaia! ::

Endo Kiran
It is, I'm serious. Everyone hates you. If you disagree with anyone, they can call you a racist/homophobe/rich boy/cracker/ect. and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't believe me?

Take this for example,

Taco Bell won't hire me because I'm white. I'm serious. The sign outside said "NOW HIRING!", so I wentinside and asked for an application. They said that they weren't accepting applications. After that, some hispanic guy asks for one and, POW, he gets it.

Repeat occurences at every Taco Bell Franchise in the city.

Sometimes I wish I was a homosexual, Hispanic woman.

well some times it is hard being a person like that i mean at times i wonder what it would be like to not be white and not be called white boy names it would be nice wouldint it?
Endo Kiran
It is, I'm serious. Everyone hates you. If you disagree with anyone, they can call you a racist/homophobe/rich boy/cracker/ect. and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't believe me?

Take this for example,

Taco Bell won't hire me because I'm white. I'm serious. The sign outside said "NOW HIRING!", so I wentinside and asked for an application. They said that they weren't accepting applications. After that, some hispanic guy asks for one and, POW, he gets it.

I find the Taco Bell thing a little...well whatever if it happened you should report it that is segregation by job and that's illegal. Also I would rather be a white middle classed boy...because if your a black poor boy living in the south then you have to worry about dying because of the KKK...and I'm being serious here white boys have it easy...everyone else is the sterotyped ones!
Well as a lower class white hetero male, I am not really descriminated against, although I do have some weird deep-seeded hatred towards teh upper and middle-upper classes, if you can understand me ^^;;. 'pose its more jealousy than anything else.
Jahoclave
JeuneFille
Boo. ********. Hoo.

Yeah, it's really hard to be in the majority. Cry me a river.

Well look at college applications:
YOu get prefrences for:
Being a minority
Being female

You get less scholarship opprotunties.
All the scholarships you can apply for can be applied for by everybody else, but they also have their own seperate scholarships they can apply for.
You're less likely to get as much finacial aid.

The point is, we're screwed in the sense that we're being denied opprotunities that everybody else is recieving just because we're in the majority.

Hey, that's what you get for having ancestors who kept slaves and treated minorites badly. blaugh

I can't complain. I'm a minority, I get good grades, AND I'm lower-middle class. I'm going to be getting lots of help for college. So, ha ha!

But I believe that if anybody wants to go to college, then cost shouldn't be a factor at all. If they work hard enough, fill out all the aid that they can (you can get aid no matter what race you are or how rich your family is, but if your family is rich, then you may receive some money from your family anyway), then they should be able to go to college. Sure, it's expensive, and you may have to take out loans which can be a b***h to pay off, and you may be in debt all your life, but, hey, join the club.
Jed the Angsty Ghost
Endo Kiran
Don't believe me?

I don't.

That's because you obviously have never been a lower middle class male white guy in the city.
talking_apple
Jahoclave
JeuneFille
Boo. ********. Hoo.

Yeah, it's really hard to be in the majority. Cry me a river.

Well look at college applications:
YOu get prefrences for:
Being a minority
Being female

You get less scholarship opprotunties.
All the scholarships you can apply for can be applied for by everybody else, but they also have their own seperate scholarships they can apply for.
You're less likely to get as much finacial aid.

The point is, we're screwed in the sense that we're being denied opprotunities that everybody else is recieving just because we're in the majority.

Hey, that's what you get for having ancestors who kept slaves and treated minorites badly. blaugh

I can't complain. I'm a minority, I get good grades, AND I'm lower-middle class. I'm going to be getting lots of help for college. So, ha ha!

But I believe that if anybody wants to go to college, then cost shouldn't be a factor at all. If they work hard enough, fill out all the aid that they can (you can get aid no matter what race you are or how rich your family is, but if your family is rich, then you may receive some money from your family anyway), then they should be able to go to college. Sure, it's expensive, and you may have to take out loans which can be a b***h to pay off, and you may be in debt all your life, but, hey, join the club.

Still, the practices aren't fair. We have less chance of getting into colleges simply because we aren't forgien, hispanic, or black. And we barely get any finacial help just because we can afford a moderate quality of life.
Endo Kiran
talking_apple
Endo Kiran
I didn't say I had it rough. (Ok, maybe I did, but that was pretty much just something to get people to click on the thread. I thought it was an interesting thread title.)

My main point is, everyone hates us. We're the scapegoats for everyone's problems. We're always the ones supposedly holding everyone down. Granted, some do, but I don't! It's not my fault that some white dude denied you a job, it's not my fault that Jack Chick/Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell/George W. Bush/ect. are such assholes. I'm saying, stop blaming me for your problems!

(Not any of you, specifically. Just the dozens of people who have done that to me in the past.)

Please give me an example where everyone blamed Upper-class, White, straight males on national and worldly problems. I've heard of people blaming fundamentalist, owners of big businesses and coorporations (which all aren't White, but they are rich bastards), and the president, but I've never heard anyone say, "Those upper-middle class White folks with their computers and desks are holding me down from my dream!"

You failed to back up your argument in your original post, at all. It almost sounds like something you just made up.
Believe me, I hear it. Every day. It gets really tiresome. Everytime I back someone into a corner in an arguement, I'm a rasict/homophobe/ect. and everyone jumps to their side. It pisses me off, I'm tired of it.

Hey, depending on how you use your words, maybe you are a homophobe and racist. Or, maybe you're not; you just may need to improve your speech a little.

But that's not being a scapegoat. Please make an argument that makes sence.
yes, i dont understand how if your white its so wrong just to call someone "black" even if your not trying to be degrading.
and then if you arent white you can call someone a white kid as a joke.
america's society, in my opinion, is very ******** up.
You'll find prejudices, racism, and etc. whereever you go, no matter what race or class you are.

From white to black, and every color in between.
Endo Kiran
It is, I'm serious. Everyone hates you. If you Take this for example,

or maybe they just didnt' want to hire you because you weren't up to their standards...so they came up with an excuse for it and said they weren't hiring. that happend to my brother a couple of times
Pirri
Listen. Listen very closely.

Hear that?

It's the world's smallest violin, playing the Eagle's "Get Over It" just for you.

Would you have more sympathy for us white guys if I told you at one point in my life I had to run for my life from a mob of 40 black guys who wanted to kill me because I was a white guy attending "their" school? Because I've experienced just that.
StarfyreDragon
Pirri
Listen. Listen very closely.

Hear that?

It's the world's smallest violin, playing the Eagle's "Get Over It" just for you.

Would you have more sympathy for us white guys if I told you at one point in my life I had to run for my life from a mob of 40 black guys who wanted to kill me because I was a white guy attending "their" school? Because I've experienced just that.

Bullshit. A mob of 40 people chasing down and trying to kill someone wouldve made HUGE news, state if not national. And no one would just take a lynch mob without telling anyone.
Cheezie
yes, i dont understand how if your white its so wrong just to call someone "black" even if your not trying to be degrading.
and then if you arent white you can call someone a white kid as a joke.
america's society, in my opinion, is very ******** up.

Its not. My best friend HATES the term african american, he will ONLY be called black. Most other black people I know prefer black over any of the alternitives.
Jahoclave

Still, the practices aren't fair. We have less chance of getting into colleges simply because we aren't forgien, hispanic, or black. And we barely get any finacial help just because we can afford a moderate quality of life.

Let me get this straight...

Affording a moderate quality of life means that you can get all of your necessities and some of your wants with no trouble at all, right? So, that means, you can afford most of your education too, since education is a necessity, right? True, no one can afford tens of thousands of dollars, but everyone can get some sort of aid.

You live well, you have a good quality of life, meaning that you can pay for some of your own education.

So, you are telling me that colleges won't give you finacial aid because you are more able to afford college?

...DAMN THEM!

Edit: Besides, you White people aren't the only ones who can afford a good quality of life. There are some Black and Hispanic people who are upper-middle class. Only they probably had to work their asses off more than what some of their White co-workers did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff