Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
Mei tsuki7
mluck24

statistics? Other than to kill a mockingbird, of course.

and that was the past, you take modern society and push it, then what would happen?

Do I really have to post statistics showing that rapes are lowest now, in the industrialized world, than they ever have been in history? I thought that was common knowledge?

If you go by reported rape in the US by state then you find that there is no correlation between what schools and society pushes and numbers. Source

So the answer is nothing would change when it comes to reported rapes. Though teen pregnancy would skyrocket.
To be honest, I'd be surprised if you could collect accurate statistics on the issue of rape given how much the definition of the word has changed over the years.

Examples?
Sure. I'll give two.

Age of consent laws are a relatively recent thing in the Western world. While the most appropriate age to marry (and with it, have sex) is an old topic dating back to at least 700BC. Hesiod recommends that men marry at thirty and take a wife that is roughly half a decade "past puberty," which, unless human biology has changed dramatically in the last few millennia, would place her in her mid-to-late teens. The origin of the age of consent as a legal concept varies in law depending on legal tradition. Sharia courts have recognized a concept of age of consent well before Western ones have; since Mohammad PBUH married Aisha at the age of six, and consummated that marriage at the age of nine (when she was still "playing with dolls", an Arabic phrase indicating she was prepubescent), they consider the age of consent to be nine. This legal precedent goes back over a thousand years. The first age of consent law in the Western world made it a misdemeanor to have sex with a little girl below the age of twelve. So, there's one major difference. Age of consent is taken seriously now, whereas it was not in the past.

Another major expansion of rape as a legal concept of marital rape. In American and English courts, men subsumed many of their wife's legal rights in a doctrine known as coverture. This included the right to have sex with them; until recently, "marital rape" was an oxymoron. Marriage implied, non-revocably, consent to sex.

I ask for examples of how the definition of rape has change, not information regarding the age of consent. Rape is still forcing someone to have sex, against their will, regardless of age.

Please show examples how this definition has changed over the years. And something a little more relevant. Say, the past 100 years not the past 1000.
Mei tsuki7
mluck24
Mei tsuki7
mluck24
do you think we would see less rapes if society pushed monogamy and abstinence?

No. In fact there were MORE rapes when society pushed such things.

and that was the past, you take modern society and push it, then what would happen?

Do I really have to post statistics showing that rapes are lowest now, in the industrialized world, than they ever have been in history? I thought that was common knowledge?

If you go by reported rape in the US by state then you find that there is no correlation between what schools and society pushes and numbers. Source

So the answer is nothing would change when it comes to reported rapes. Though teen pregnancy would skyrocket.

i can kinda see what you are saying, i believe.. That in the 'modern, industrialized world' war is less commonplace, and in the past when some country would be the victor, they would annihilate the town's men or enslave them, and make the women sex slaves. If that is indeed the route, well maybe. Although, there are more slaves now than at any point in history.
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
Mei tsuki7
mluck24

To be honest, I'd be surprised if you could collect accurate statistics on the issue of rape given how much the definition of the word has changed over the years.

Examples?
Sure. I'll give two.

Age of consent laws are a relatively recent thing in the Western world. While the most appropriate age to marry (and with it, have sex) is an old topic dating back to at least 700BC. Hesiod recommends that men marry at thirty and take a wife that is roughly half a decade "past puberty," which, unless human biology has changed dramatically in the last few millennia, would place her in her mid-to-late teens. The origin of the age of consent as a legal concept varies in law depending on legal tradition. Sharia courts have recognized a concept of age of consent well before Western ones have; since Mohammad PBUH married Aisha at the age of six, and consummated that marriage at the age of nine (when she was still "playing with dolls", an Arabic phrase indicating she was prepubescent), they consider the age of consent to be nine. This legal precedent goes back over a thousand years. The first age of consent law in the Western world made it a misdemeanor to have sex with a little girl below the age of twelve. So, there's one major difference. Age of consent is taken seriously now, whereas it was not in the past.

Another major expansion of rape as a legal concept of marital rape. In American and English courts, men subsumed many of their wife's legal rights in a doctrine known as coverture. This included the right to have sex with them; until recently, "marital rape" was an oxymoron. Marriage implied, non-revocably, consent to sex.

I ask for examples of how the definition of rape has change, not information regarding the age of consent. Rape is still forcing someone to have sex, against their will, regardless of age.

Please show examples how this definition has changed over the years. And something a little more relevant. Say, the past 100 years not the past 1000.
Having sex with a child is considered rape now, both legally and colloquially, even if you convince them to let you do it. You are aware of this, yes? You are aware that this was not always the case?

Gaian

Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet

Examples?
Sure. I'll give two.

Having sex with a child is considered rape now, both legally and colloquially, even if you convince them to let you do it. You are aware of this, yes? You are aware that this was not always the case?

Naturally, our ancient ancestors fornicated with very young children, most know this. But this has stopped being common place in the U.S (The only country that matters cool ). I do believe I asked for something more recent. 100 years should suffice. Or around the time that rape statistics were actually being taken. smile

EDIT: Also, when was it established that it was considered rape to have sex with an under-aged person?
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

I am, but you still strawmanned me.

Admittedly on the supporting her rape bit, because I didn't actually read the threat you linked until after I responded (so I assumed you did both the death and rape threat) but not on the supporting her murder. razz

Well it's still good to have my comment of "I wish I could kill you" be transformed to "I'm going to kill you" by a gender ideologue by the use of strawmanning.

Now who's strawmanning? I said you supported her death, not that you were going to do it.

You because you strawmanned me throughout this entire debate.

I strawmanned you once: when I claimed you supported her rape. I never strawmanned you before or after.
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

I am, but you still strawmanned me.

Admittedly on the supporting her rape bit, because I didn't actually read the threat you linked until after I responded (so I assumed you did both the death and rape threat) but not on the supporting her murder. razz

Well it's still good to have my comment of "I wish I could kill you" be transformed to "I'm going to kill you" by a gender ideologue by the use of strawmanning.

Now who's strawmanning? I said you supported her death, not that you were going to do it.

I strawmanned you once: when I claimed you supported her rape. I never strawmanned you before or after.

Except throughout the entire argument when you accused me of being a feminist when that's not even what this topic is about.
TerraParticle
Mei tsuki7
Maerua
I understood you loud and clear, drunk or not.

The supposed "rape culture" you reference is just a natural conflict between two "social scripts" for dating/sex. Men have to aggressively pursue women to get sex/relationships. Women have to reject most advances to avoid being seen as 'easy'. A 'no' then becomes vague; is it really a 'no' or is it the woman's scripted 'yes, but I can't say so'?

It's okay to want to clarify under what circumstances that 'no' actually means 'no' and whatnot. Nobody has an issue with this.

What is not okay is to simultaneously advocate for a stop to rape culture, and yet use false rape claims (relying on the very same patriarchal norms you're supposedly fighting) to socially, legally, and financially ruin other people's lives.

You do realize that less than 2% of rape claims are false right?

Also, rape culture is far more than that.
You do realize 40% of rapists are women?
I doubt that.
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

Except throughout the entire argument when you accused me of being a feminist when that's not even what this topic is about.

The topic was, "Are feminists batshit?" I responded by pointing out that you fit the definition of a feminist, making you a feminist; therefore, unless you believe you yourself are batshit, then feminists aren't batshit. And that's rich coming from the guy who actively refused to give his arguments when he had the complete burden of proof.
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet

Examples?
Sure. I'll give two.

Naturally, our ancient ancestors fornicated with very young children, most know this. But this has stopped being common place in the U.S (The only country that matters cool ). I do believe I asked for something more recent. 100 years should suffice. Or around the time that rape statistics were actually being taken. smile

EDIT: Also, when was it established that it was considered rape to have sex with an under-aged person?
Actually, it's hard to tell exactly when we started using the term "rape" to describe it. The earliest example of such I'm aware of is the 1275 English statute that banned having sex with a little girl below the age of twelve. That's in Western law. Age of consent laws were not legislated in the Islamic World, but were a fact of Sharia jurisprudence since... I don't even know when. I'm pretty sure it was established fairly early on, though.

Or are you disputing that adults having sex with children is rape? I'm not sure what your EDIT meant.

Gaian

Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
AvenirLegacy
Roih Uvet
Sure. I'll give two.

Actually, it's hard to tell exactly when we started using the term "rape" to describe it. The earliest example of such I'm aware of is the 1275 English statute that banned having sex with a little girl below the age of twelve. That's in Western law. Age of consent laws were not legislated in the Islamic World, but were a fact of Sharia jurisprudence since... I don't even know when. I'm pretty sure it was established fairly early on, though.

Or are you disputing that adults having sex with children is rape? I'm not sure what your EDIT meant.

You know, you keep ignoring the fact that I asked for something more relevant. As in the past 100 years. If you don't know, just say so.

My EDIT was simply a question. When was it considered rape to have sex with under-aged people?
The bigger question is why they think women can't rape men!
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

The topic was, "Are feminists batshit?" I responded by pointing out that you fit the definition of a feminist, making you a feminist; therefore, unless you believe you yourself are batshit, then feminists aren't batshit. And that's rich coming from the guy who actively refused to give his arguments when he had the complete burden of proof.

Here's your proof that feminists are batshit.

Need anymore proof? I could do this all day.

Oh but of course, they're not real feminists huh? Even though they say they are. And not all feminists are like that, right? Because that trumps everything right? But if this makes me batshit then that's fine. Might as well be batshit for all the right reasons.
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

Oh but of course, they're not real feminists huh? Even though they say they are. And not all feminists are like that, right? Because that trumps everything right? But if this makes me batshit then that's fine. Might as well be batshit for all the right reasons.
inb4 muh sojiny
Roih Uvet
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

inb4 muh sojiny

Well of course posting these videos is "muh sojiny". How else are women, manginas and the political left going to ruin your day without being called out for their bullshit?
Yobyaxes N
Roih Uvet
Yobyaxes N
TJ Raptor
Yobyaxes N

inb4 muh sojiny

Well of course posting these videos is "muh sojiny". How else are women, manginas and the political left going to ruin your day without being called out for their bullshit?
Alright, shitlord, time to do some educating. Men, whites, and straights cannot "call out" women, POC or LGBT people okay?

You need to check your white privilege, and while you're at it, you need to change your avatar to be less 'hood. You're appropriating ghetto nignog culture

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff