Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Phantom

Marriage is based upon religion. Should the government be able to control it? If there's a difference between two men/two women and a straight marriage, other than the gender types, what is it and why do you think it's bad? How is hurting or affecting anybody?

I'm very straight but I am pro-gay marriage. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Why put something down, in a FREE country, not because it's a crime, but because it is a "sin." Sure it's a sin for one religion, but that's a religion. Last time I checked, there was supposed to be this thing called "Separation of Church and State." I know the majority of the USA is Christian and I understand this is why this is how it is. This is in direct violation of the Constitution.

If you're a Christian and are against it, let me ask you this: How is it directly affecting YOUR life?
I think gay marriage should be outlawed worldwide, purely to piss you off.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dr Dillinger
You just seem full of hate
Seeing how marriage is a legal status now they really shouldn't have any say on what genders can marry. Separation of Church and State should be enough to let any couple marry as long as they fit the requirements.
Dr Dillinger

^.^ Ohoh!
Steam Punk Adept

Fuzzy Phantom

That's cool, bro.

Why don't you go be awesome somewhere else?
Xx-LeGii_TyLeR--
That's cool, bro.

Why don't you go be awesome somewhere else?

Cos being awesome here is sooooo easy.

Fuzzy Phantom

You're obviously far too awesome for us here, though. So show other people your awesomeness.
Xx-LeGii_TyLeR--
You're obviously far too awesome for us here, though. So show other people your awesomeness.

Never! You shalt bask!

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Great story bro, tell it again.
Xx-LeGii_TyLeR--
Marriage is based upon religion.
Except marriage existed before religion.
But that's not here nor there.
Quote:
Should the government be able to control it?
No. The government should not determine who has rights and who does not. That's why they're called rights and not privileges.

Quote:
I'm very straight but I am pro-gay marriage. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Why put something down, in a FREE country, not because it's a crime, but because it is a "sin." Sure it's a sin for one religion, but that's a religion. Last time I checked, there was supposed to be this thing called "Separation of Church and State." I know the majority of the USA is Christian and I understand this is why this is how it is. This is in direct violation of the Constitution.
The constitution seems to, in some people's eyes, be trumped by the bible, or their interpretation of it.

Quote:
If you're a Christian and are against it, let me ask you this: How is it directly affecting YOUR life?
"they're being gay at me! ahh, take it away! mommy, heelllp!!!1"
Steam Punk Adept

Woah dude, Gaia is serious business. People think we're just arguing about s**t but we are actually making a difference here. A real difference.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept

Woah dude, Gaia is serious business. People think we're just arguing about s**t but we are actually making a difference here. A real difference.
Great story bro, Tell it again!

Fuzzy Phantom

Bento the spazcat
Xx-LeGii_TyLeR--
Marriage is based upon religion.
Except marriage existed before religion.
But that's not here nor there.

I understand that, but in American society, it's usually based upon your religion.

But as for your other statements, I LOL'd or completely agreed.

When I was homeless, however, I had a lot of time to think about society and all that... I don't think anybody has any right to tell anybody what to do. We're all human. Our own selves. It's our lives, not the government's.

Why should any ONE ideology or set of morals, taboos, or anything else be forced upon a single person? The person should be able to do what THEY want.

Sure, rape and murder aren't necessarily good, but in other countries rape is a sport and killing is a game. I'm not saying I think it's right, but I'd rather send them somewhere as a whole and let them live their lives how they want to. Not be punished... just exiled from society's world. It's a radical statement but I think it's even more bizarre that we have the idea that we have a right to control them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff