Welcome to Gaia! ::

I bet William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer are rolling in their graves right now. In their day journalism was honest and trustworthy; now we can't even watch the news without being bombarded with bias. It's sad what news reporting has fallen to.

Fanatical Zealot

I don't... care?

Yeah. I don't even watch fox news, except when there are tornadoes and things.
False Dichotomy
tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
Fox News does this with every piece of information they put out.

I'm gonna have to ask you for proof of this.
I've posted my proof in the first post. You've yet to post a refutation.

Here's an article saying FNC isn't biased. Yes, it's an opinion piece, but it's got the same credibility as what you posted really.
Fox news is irrefutably biased. They are quite easy to catch on it. Other news channels have their own biases, but they are typically less... dishonest about them.

I was just posting a refutation of equal quality to the initial links he posted.

Shameless Mystic

tuxkatz6
False Dichotomy
tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
Fox News does this with every piece of information they put out.

I'm gonna have to ask you for proof of this.

Here's an article saying FNC isn't biased. Yes, it's an opinion piece, but it's got the same credibility as what you posted really.
Fox news is irrefutably biased. They are quite easy to catch on it. Other news channels have their own biases, but they are typically less... dishonest about them.

I was just posting a refutation of equal quality to the initial links he posted.
You cannot prove a lack of bias. You can, however, present evidence towards bias. I'm pretty sure that link to FNB was called "presenting evidence towards bias." And the information was pretty hard to refute.

Also, for future reference... "Is no more biased than other news networks" isn't a compliment, or a justification for them. They are still biased, they are simply biased towards things that are consistently stupid and/or insulting to many Americans.

Eloquent Streaker

The only thing Fox News got right is that there IS a Liberal bias in the media. All the other major news networks are very much to the Left.

Don't get me wrong, Fox News is still a right-wing propaganda machine, and the only reason they b***h about media bias is because they want the bias to swing THEIR way.

Hallowed Smoker

Steam Punk Adept
Mister George Kapland
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
It works perfectly, Fox news only offers Faux news. Being that Faux is the French word for false, it's entirely accurate.

Now go troll other topics

I'm not trolling, just pointing out that the pun doesn't work because of the way the word 'faux' is pronounced. If I wanted to troll I would point out how redundant your entire topic is, which I didn't.
I understand how the word is pronounced, I'm not posting it for the pronunciation, but for the meaning. There is a big difference in hat matter

It's a pun designed by idiots, for.idiots. The way puns work, fox news being called faux news doesn't work on multiple levels.

First, fox news reports news, its not an imitation like a cubic zirconium diamond.

Secondly, faux is pronounced."fo"
Fox does not report news, it pushes an agenda through bias, lies, and propaganda.
by your logic if another station broadcasts the same story, as fox, the story becomes lies and propaganda.

...thus 9/11 didn't happen because it was on fox. neutral

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mister George Kapland
Steam Punk Adept
Mister George Kapland
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Steam Punk Adept
It works perfectly, Fox news only offers Faux news. Being that Faux is the French word for false, it's entirely accurate.

I'm not trolling, just pointing out that the pun doesn't work because of the way the word 'faux' is pronounced. If I wanted to troll I would point out how redundant your entire topic is, which I didn't.
I understand how the word is pronounced, I'm not posting it for the pronunciation, but for the meaning. There is a big difference in hat matter

It's a pun designed by idiots, for.idiots. The way puns work, fox news being called faux news doesn't work on multiple levels.

First, fox news reports news, its not an imitation like a cubic zirconium diamond.

Fox does not report news, it pushes an agenda through bias, lies, and propaganda.
by your logic if another station broadcasts the same story, as fox, the story becomes lies and propaganda.

Would you like some tartar sauce with your red herring?
MSNBC dose just the same thing as Fox. But I guess it's ok if they are lying about things you agree with.
False Dichotomy
tuxkatz6
False Dichotomy
tuxkatz6
Steam Punk Adept

You cannot prove a lack of bias. You can, however, present evidence towards bias. I'm pretty sure that link to FNB was called "presenting evidence towards bias." And the information was pretty hard to refute.

Also, for future reference... "Is no more biased than other news networks" isn't a compliment, or a justification for them. They are still biased, they are simply biased towards things that are consistently stupid and/or insulting to many Americans.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. I was mostly trying to show that the initial "proof" he posted is essentially worthless.

Aged Lunatic

razorsarz
MSNBC dose just the same thing as Fox. But I guess it's ok if they are lying about things you agree with.

That's exactly the position conservatives take with Fox, actually.

Conservative bias=fair and balanced to them.

Hallowed Smoker

Steam Punk Adept
Mister George Kapland
Steam Punk Adept
Mister George Kapland
Steam Punk Adept

Would you like some tartar sauce with your red herring?

It was argumentum ad absurdum, you idiot.

Aged Lunatic

Is now a good time to specify that Fox's bias is EDITORIAL bias, and that they get their stories from the same place just about everyone else gets them; namely the AP?
GunsmithKitten
razorsarz

That's exactly the position conservatives take with Fox, actually.

Conservative bias=fair and balanced to them.

So you are ok with MSNBC lying about stuff so it's not the lying that you care about or have a problem with. It's that Fox is not lying about Conservatives? The way you want them to be.
Steam Punk Adept
Dr Dillinger
Your pun doesn't work.

Fair.org? Seriously? Why don't you have Pelosi explain the republican political structure while you're at it? This is ******** hilarious!!!
Suicidesoldier#1
I don't... care?

Yeah. I don't even watch fox news, except when there are tornadoes and things.

What is Fox News bias on tornadoes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces