Agree with Romnay-nay?

Completly 0.03448275862069 3.4% [ 1 ]
He's trying to make a point. It's there. 0.20689655172414 20.7% [ 6 ]
No, he sucks 0.75862068965517 75.9% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Aged Lunatic

Old Blue Collar Joe
If I ate ramen now? My arteries would probably begin clogging up fully while I was opening the package.

I don't get the artery clogging feeling, but I do feel the "blood pressure screaming in agony" feeling 4laugh
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Neurocracy
We should not supply the poor with luxuries like shelter, or a toothbrush. That will only make them lazy. What we need to do is look to successful countries like Liberia, or Congo. They have no social safety net and they're all the better for it.
That's a stupid comparison because they don't have functioning governments or legal institutions so it''s foolish to compare them.

But that was basically your entire argument. Someone who's poor here would be rich in Africa, so let's leave them to their own devices.

2/10
That wasn't an argument, just something I was pointing out. I think welfare and all of these schemes are based on the initiation of force and are thus immoral. To get money for these schemes the government has to take it from people by the use of force.Also I don't think they're very effective from a cost/benefit analysis either.

You can always move to the aforementioned African republics if you don't like taxes. That's the extended argument, and it leads to Agorism. Always.
That's not even really an argument. You could support a minimal state too on that logic. The example of Africa isn't even accurate because they're not actually anarchist and they don't have functioning legal institutions. Yes, you can and probably should have law under voluntary association.

Anarchy? You mean where the biggest, meanest ******** in the area decides to make you his b***h and beats and rapes you because he's just feeling that way?
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya

But that was basically your entire argument. Someone who's poor here would be rich in Africa, so let's leave them to their own devices.

2/10
That wasn't an argument, just something I was pointing out. I think welfare and all of these schemes are based on the initiation of force and are thus immoral. To get money for these schemes the government has to take it from people by the use of force.Also I don't think they're very effective from a cost/benefit analysis either.

You can always move to the aforementioned African republics if you don't like taxes. That's the extended argument, and it leads to Agorism. Always.
That's not even really an argument. You could support a minimal state too on that logic. The example of Africa isn't even accurate because they're not actually anarchist and they don't have functioning legal institutions. Yes, you can and probably should have law under voluntary association.

Anarchy? You mean where the biggest, meanest ******** in the area decides to make you his b***h and beats and rapes you because he's just feeling that way?
No, you don't even have an argument. I support private defense agencies and private systems of law so no that's not what I mean by anarchy.
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya

2/10

No, you don't even have an argument. I support private defense agencies and private systems of law so no that's not what I mean by anarchy.

Then you're daft. "Private" means just that. You get a company that takes over national defense, and guess what? You don't want to make Coke Zero the national beverage? You get your a** kicked because the government is merely a figurehead with no power.
It's a toothless dog and not worth listening to.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Dostya

Then you're daft. "Private" means just that. You get a company that takes over national defense, and guess what? You don't want to make Coke Zero the national beverage? You get your a** kicked because the government is merely a figurehead with no power.
No because if they do that they will lose customers. You just don't actually understand any political philosophy or anything.
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Dostya

no because if they do that they will lose customers.

Private defense contractors lose customers after taking over? You mean when they make themselves the defacto government? Complete, and total control? Or are you putting squads in vending machines where you just add water and they pop out and lay a can of whoop a** on whoever you want? (Troops are 1.50, but tanks cost 20.00 each for ten minutes)?
You're not being clear on your explanation. Defense contractor means they have all the weapons, all the power. Suddenly, at the right moment, you wake up and they are in charge of everything.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe
Ray Cest
Old Blue Collar Joe

no because if they do that they will lose customers.

Private defense contractors lose customers after taking over? You mean when they make themselves the defacto government? Complete, and total control? Or are you putting squads in vending machines where you just add water and they pop out and lay a can of whoop a** on whoever you want? (Troops are 1.50, but tanks cost 20.00 each for ten minutes)?
You're not being clear on your explanation. Defense contractor means they have all the weapons, all the power. Suddenly, at the right moment, you wake up and they are in charge of everything.
not really, if there were several competing private defense agencies none could really really take over. And it would make no sense to go war with the others because of the cost involved.

Aged Member

Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten
Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.
I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.

So does that mean that Romney is so incompetent that he cant figure out what the number really means? Or does he really believe what he said?

Both are pretty ******** bad.

And honestly speaking, with his fake a** smile, and his Mormon background, i tend to believe he actually believes what he said.

When romney picks up babies they cry, when Obama picks up babies, they stop crying.
That is a huge ******** test of character.

I am sick of Conservatives ******** up this country, and denying people rights.
Gurosin of Tyria
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten
Romney's comment finally cemented all along one of the biggest gripes I have with the GOP; namely, it's a state of mind where your content of character is determined by your income.

Not just being unemployed makes you worthy of scorn, but if you're not making enough money, you're also deserving of being unconsidered.

So yea, Romney baby, screw you, screw your party, and screw the horse you rode in on.
I like how he managed to nail two big conservative demographics: enlisted members of the military and the elderly.

Nah. It's the left attempting to claim they're part of the deadbeat brigade Romney was talking about, the professional mooches.

So does that mean that Romney is so incompetent that he cant figure out what the number really means? Or does he really believe what he said?

And honestly speaking, with his fake a** smile, and his Mormon background, i tend to believe he actually believes what he said.

When romney picks up babies they cry, when Obama picks up babies, they stop crying.

Does he know how many states there are?
Babies? Oh s**t. That's ******** hilarious.
Obama has proven he has no character and is quite content when American's die in the line of duty. But don't go ******** with criminals and illegals.
I'm sick of liberals making excuses for every sack of s**t out there and wanting to turn the folks that actually pay the ******** light bill as evil and not worth respect, and that they're bad guys.

Aged Member

Old Blue Collar Joe
Gurosin of Tyria
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

Obama has proven he has no character and is quite content when American's die in the line of duty. But don't go ******** with criminals and illegals.
I'm sick of liberals making excuses for every sack of s**t out there and wanting to turn the folks that actually pay the ******** light bill as evil and not worth respect, and that they're bad guys.

Content?

Like how bush was when he went and declared war with the wrong country for a reason that didn't even exist?
Old Blue Collar Joe
Gurosin of Tyria
Old Blue Collar Joe
Major Lima Charlie
GunsmithKitten

Because Bush putting Americans in the line of fire, and Romney wanting to keep them there, is sooooo much better!!!!

I'm sorry, but the super rich do very little besides try to get more money in most cases. Want to talk about paying a goddamn light bill? I'd love to pay it. I'd love to have even a rinkydink apartment in the bad side of town. But I can't because the precious super rich are greedy ******** and tickle down doesn't ******** work, so searching for a job for three years hasn't even earned me an interview at McDonald's.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
i S o m m e r
Yes people abuse it, but do the people who need it, really need it? Like really do they?

Go back IRL and learn more about whether or not people need food to not die.

You do need food.

You do not need steak and lobster. There is a difference between "I'm hungry..." and "Boy, I could go for a Big Mac, right about now..."
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
i S o m m e r
Yes people abuse it, but do the people who need it, really need it? Like really do they?

You do need food.

You do not need steak and lobster. There is a difference between "I'm hungry..." and "Boy, I could go for a Big Mac, right about now..."
Hey. My mom's on food stamps. You know what? Steak and lobster is a myth. Food stamps don't allow you to buy it. They give you a list of what you can buy with it, and most of it is cheap and unhealthy as ********.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Marluxiana
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
i S o m m e r

You do need food.

Hey. My mom's on food stamps. You know what? Steak and lobster is a myth. Food stamps don't allow you to buy it. They give you a list of what you can buy with it, and most of it is cheap and unhealthy as ********]

It's called a metaphor. My point is that you do have a basic need to consume food for survival. However, a lot of the things people buy with government funding, is hardly the bottom of the barrel survival rations.

Also, steak and lobster ARE eligible, as long as they're purchased uncooked.
black_wing_angel
Marluxiana
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
i S o m m e r

You do need food.

Hey. My mom's on food stamps. You know what? Steak and lobster is a myth. Food stamps don't allow you to buy it. They give you a list of what you can buy with it, and most of it is cheap and unhealthy as ********]

It's called a metaphor. My point is that you do have a basic need to consume food for survival. However, a lot of the things people buy with government funding, is hardly the bottom of the barrel survival rations.
It shouldn't have to be, either. The healthier stuff is expensive. And yes, often steak is healthier than ground beef. It's leaner and a better cut of meat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff