Total Votes:[ 29 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest
How about learning how to form an argument? Most poor people are not in absolute poverty as you see in actual poor countries. Welfare is just form of theft. I don't care if they can afford luxuries like snickers or not. Most poor people in this country are overweight so apparently they aren't starving.

You do realize that the cheapest foods are the worst for you?
Oh, like rice, beans, vegetables? you can get most of those things for very cheap.

Ramen is even cheaper. What about meat? Some people cannot afford vitamins and need to eat meat, which isn't the cheapest thing on the market. Taco Bell can feed a family of 4 for less than buying the ingredients to make it yourself. And I'm just talking about plain burritos and tacos.

Ramen is almost pure sodium. That s**t is VERY unhealthy. Most people actually need meat, especially when young.

But it's cheap, and you can fill up on it. it's all starch, and it's all I basically lived off of when I was in Seattle visiting the Art Institute in the college housing.
a person on minimum wage could afford quite a lot of meat, so as I've said poverty is greatly exaggerated and mostly contextual. A poor person in America would be rich in some African countries.
And if we support people with a percentage of their housing costs in exchange for a certain degree of job market activity, they would have no incentive to buy a house or get a job.
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest
How about learning how to form an argument? Most poor people are not in absolute poverty as you see in actual poor countries. Welfare is just form of theft. I don't care if they can afford luxuries like snickers or not. Most poor people in this country are overweight so apparently they aren't starving.

You do realize that the cheapest foods are the worst for you?
Oh, like rice, beans, vegetables? you can get most of those things for very cheap.

Ramen is even cheaper. What about meat? Some people cannot afford vitamins and need to eat meat, which isn't the cheapest thing on the market. Taco Bell can feed a family of 4 for less than buying the ingredients to make it yourself. And I'm just talking about plain burritos and tacos.

Ramen is almost pure sodium. That s**t is VERY unhealthy. Most people actually need meat, especially when young.

But it's cheap, and you can fill up on it. it's all starch, and it's all I basically lived off of when I was in Seattle visiting the Art Institute in the college housing.

When you're young, you can get away with that. As a small child? You need a much better diet. As an old ******** (see...me.) you look at a slice of chocolate cake and gain a pound. If I ate ramen now? My arteries would probably begin clogging up fully while I was opening the package.
Ray Cest
Neurocracy
We should not supply the poor with luxuries like shelter, or a toothbrush. That will only make them lazy. What we need to do is look to successful countries like Liberia, or Congo. They have no social safety net and they're all the better for it.
That's a stupid comparison because they don't have functioning governments or legal institutions so it''s foolish to compare them.

But that was basically your entire argument. Someone who's poor here would be rich in Africa, so let's leave them to their own devices.

2/10
Dostya
Ray Cest
Neurocracy
We should not supply the poor with luxuries like shelter, or a toothbrush. That will only make them lazy. What we need to do is look to successful countries like Liberia, or Congo. They have no social safety net and they're all the better for it.
That's a stupid comparison because they don't have functioning governments or legal institutions so it''s foolish to compare them.

But that was basically your entire argument. Someone who's poor here would be rich in Africa, so let's leave them to their own devices.

2/10
That wasn't an argument, just something I was pointing out. I think welfare and all of these schemes are based on the initiation of force and are thus immoral. To get money for these schemes the government has to take it from people by the use of force.Also I don't think they're very effective from a cost/benefit analysis either.
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Neurocracy

2/10
That wasn't an argument, just something I was pointing out. I think welfare and all of these schemes are based on the initiation of force and are thus immoral. To get money for these schemes the government has to take it from people by the use of force.Also I don't think they're very effective from a cost/benefit analysis either.

You can always move to the aforementioned African republics if you don't like taxes. That's the extended argument, and it leads to Agorism. Always.
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Neurocracy

2/10

You can always move to the aforementioned African republics if you don't like taxes. That's the extended argument, and it leads to Agorism. Always.
That's not even really an argument. You could support a minimal state too on that logic. The example of Africa isn't even accurate because they're not actually anarchist and they don't have functioning legal institutions. Yes, you can and probably should have law under voluntary association.
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Neurocracy

2/10

That's not even really an argument. You could support a minimal state too on that logic. The example of Africa isn't even accurate because they're not actually anarchist and they don't have functioning legal institutions. Yes, you can and probably should have law under voluntary association.

You can't. Or at least it will no longer be logic. Taxes are okay, as long as they go to law enforcement, military and nothing else? We have a word for "protection money" you know.
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya

2/10

You can't. Or at least it will no longer be logic. Taxes are okay, as long as they go to law enforcement, military and nothing else? We have a word for "protection money" you know.
There is a big difference because courts, police, military etc can all used to protect rights from being violated while the others just violate them.
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya

2/10

There is a big difference because courts, police, military etc can all used to protect rights from being violated while the others just violate them.

Having the enforcing arm be the most significant branch of government makes for a problematic power dynamic. They'd just be another gang, roaming the streets and extorting money.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ray Cest
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
Phallic Wonderland
Ray Cest

a person on minimum wage could afford quite a lot of meat, so as I've said poverty is greatly exaggerated and mostly contextual. A poor person in America would be rich in some African countries.

Of course, in AFRICA. No, you couldn't afford a lot of meat if you have bills to pay. You have never been poor, have you?
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya
Ray Cest
Dostya

Having the enforcing arm be the most significant branch of government makes for a problematic power dynamic. They'd just be another gang, roaming the streets and extorting money.
I'm just saying that it's possible to have an minarchist government under deontological ethics (which Nozick famously wrote a book on), i haven't said that I even support it so far.

I do support the non-aggression principle as a rule consequentialist, but I'm usually too lazy to fully articulate my position, and trying to make a cost-benefit argument against the state is extremely time consuming so I usually don't bother. My actual position is a form of polycentric law anarcho-capitalism.

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Phallic Wonderland

Felon, can't vote. But I am wanting to be informed this year.

Where do you live that you can't vote? My mom is a felon and she votes.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Neko_Bast
Phallic Wonderland

Felon, can't vote. But I am wanting to be informed this year.

Where do you live that you can't vote? My mom is a felon and she votes.

I can vote again and get my other rights back in 7 years. I've only been out of jail for about a year.

Aged Lunatic

Ray Cest
You're just sitting coming up with armchair explanations.

If by armchair you mean ******** BASIC DIETARY 101 FACTS, I guess so.

You mentioned rice...WHICH IS A ******** STARCH! Guh...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff