Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

sodiumfree000
The part that's strange about all of this is that people themselves haven't changed. We don't have different brains. We don't have different feelings.

Yea we have. Yea we do.
HMS Thunder Child
Roih Uvet
I actually, legitimately don't care what your sex, race, or religious background is. Or if you're a homosexual or whatever else.

What I care about is if you are useful. And the thing that feminists/civil rights/LGBT rights types can't seem to grasp is that this is not misogyny, racism, or homophobia. It's just realpolitik.
And somehow you don't internalize any of the social conditioning anyone else does because you're a being of pure logic. We heard you the first trillion times. You have to know we roll our eyes whenever you say it.
Yes, because my main concern is if HMS Thunderchild rolls her eyes.

Fluff Connoisseur

im intolerant towards intolerant people
are you secretly an agent
The thing is, everything I'm intolerant towards are simply choices people make and behaviors. Unlike certain other people here, I do not hate people for something they were simply born or have by circumstance.

Invisible Senshi

Years ago, on Gaia....bigots were religious people who were not supporting same sex couples.
According to my outdated dictionary (lol) a bigot is...one who holds blindly and intolerantly to a particular creed, opinion, etc.

Many decent people are fully capable of awful things. If you had been born in the past would you even be open to all the concepts we accept today?
...so if Zultim was born in...let's say...the early 1900s? I might be a bit more religious and kinder than I am right now. Open to the "concepts" of today? Probably not. But really nice.

Would you be one of the rare people who were different?
I MIGHT be. Considering the fact that African Americans were still considered lower than scum in America in the 1900s (and even worse before that) I might be really nice but probably bitter. And stuck with children. If I was born as someone else...I am not sure. Not sure at all.

Would you be the same? Do you even know?
I would not be the same. I think I would be similar, though. I am one of those people who believe that people are born with their personalities. It's either they are good people...okay people...or are just...complete s**t. So my answer is...kind of.

My last comments...
I might have offended a few people with my opinions. (Like that Infamy in Action loser. Yes, I remember.) But this is what I think. I do not think people are more...tolerant toward others. I think they are either silently agreeing with them or they are civilized enough to know that arguing with the others will only make them look bad. My reasoning is based off of my opinions and what I have noticed around me.

olive buffet's Datemate

Roih Uvet
mnhnrnnyng
Tolerance infers hatred.

ex:
Q-Do you like coffee?

A-No, but I tolerate it.
Exactly. Which is why we need to do more than simply tolerate annoying people, we have to brain wash ourselves until we like them.

Nope. Tolerate them. By tolerate they mean don't snap and beat them up, but you can still hate them.

Shy Dabbler

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm not going to lie, I'm extremely impressionable. Especially for different "trends". ( Although it usually is more of a fashion, new diet, People Magazine, kind of thing. )

Today the majority of us accept each other for whatever race / gender we are. But back then, it was a social norm to be against someone who didn't look like you.

I would of probably been one of those people, I follow trends and try to fit in.

So, yeah.

(( In reality though, I'm too obsessed with perfecting myself to look at others. I'm into my own things and stuff, I don't care what you're doing. Tbh. ))

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
It's amazing just how much influence the way you're brought up, and so by extension the society you're raised in, has on you. If someone's raised to be a certain way, is surrounded largely by the same way, then it'll be very rare to have individuals who fight back

Aged Sex Symbol

I used to think I was racist because I would duck and cover every time a minority came into my workplace, fully expecting them to shoot me.

Over the last year I have become convinced that everyone that moves their hands quickly is going to shoot me and that I am receiving some sort of outside influence to make me fear being shot.

Turns out I just have schizophrenia.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
What are you asking? Like, if I was born I'm 1800, would I be a bigot? Probably. The world is ******** up. If I supported gays in that time, I'd probably be burned or lynched. And that's the way people were raised. I don't think many people were very tolerant.

Right now, though, I don't consider myself a bigot. I try to be open. There are things I don't know a lot about (like the trans community), but I'm open to learning about them, and don't care what they do with their lives.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
The20
toasega
PureCocainePureCocaine
toasega
User Image

Excellent. Finally, someone with a brain rattling around in that calcium container.

is that the dude from fist of the north star

I dunno, but it does look like him.......
He reminds me of some guy from Cromartie High School, but i may be wrong. Only watched like one episode of each series.
Methinks it be th' Cromartie High School bloke, then again I've haven't watched Fist o' th' North Star

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff