Welcome to Gaia! ::

I luv MMA...my brother buys like all the paperveiws biggrin ....i was rele happy wit the BJ Penn vs. GSP biggrin ...BJ is too cocky he was like oh im gonna kill GSP and he was the one tht got crushed! biggrin
I luv Mixed MA, they are awesome!! Nothing better than see guys fight each other in arena. xd
im wating for machida to get his title shot. he deserves one before rampage

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
GENBUKAI
im wating for machida to get his title shot. he deserves one before rampage

Machida facing Rashad would be an interesting fight. 3nodding I still fail to understand how Brock Lesnar has the title. He hasn't even fought enough matches to earn it in my opinion.
exactly everyone gets overlooked. mir beat brock so he should of got one before he did

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
GENBUKAI
exactly everyone gets overlooked. mir beat brock so he should of got one before he did

I guess that's how things are in UFC and with Dana White.
I've got Jackson over the Queen of Mean.
Not Robert

Yeah, I think Jackson is most likely going to win, but I wouldn't count Jardine out. After all, he did manage to beat Chuck Liddell. I'm also hoping Gabriel Gonzaga wins his fight.

I think it's because Lesnar is new(and from the WWE) so they give him the spotlight. Maybe, an effort to help gain more fans? I'm not sure...but he has said that he doesn't feel like he's earned the belt so he probably feels the same way as the fans do. It's true that Mir did beat Lesnar, but either way, they still would have had to unify the belt.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Senor_Pockets
Not Robert

Yeah, I think Jackson is most likely going to win, but I wouldn't count Jardine out. After all, he did manage to beat Chuck Liddell. I'm also hoping Gabriel Gonzaga wins his fight.

I think it's because Lesnar is new(and from the WWE) so they give him the spotlight. Maybe, an effort to help gain more fans? I'm not sure...but he has said that he doesn't feel like he's earned the belt so he probably feels the same way as the fans do. It's true that Mir did beat Lesnar, but either way, they still would have had to unify the belt.

Jardine defeated Chuck because his fighting style is the same. I haven't seen him do anything different since the fight with Wanderlei ... a spinning backhand ?! Ooh ! That's different lol Even his strikes are predictable after a while.

I think Brock Lesnar's run was more of a marketing ploy from Zuffa. He didn't earn his way up the ladder like Dan Henderson and many others in Pride did.

Now this is a picture of a champion that earned his belts:
User Image
Skye River
Senor_Pockets
Not Robert

Jardine defeated Chuck because his fighting style is the same. I haven't seen him do anything different since the fight with Wanderlei ... a spinning backhand ?! Ooh ! That's different lol Even his strikes are predictable after a while.

I think Brock Lesnar's run was more of a marketing ploy from Zuffa. He didn't earn his way up the ladder like Dan Henderson and many others in Pride did.

User Image

Are you saying Chuck's fighting style hasn't changed? I wasn't sure what you meant at first...I thought you meant Chuck and Jardine had the same fighting style. In Chuck's defense, I would say he really hasn't needed to change his fighting style...he's done fairly well for himself up till recently.

As for Brock Lesnar, he's a fairly unique fighter...at least when it comes to his build I mean. You don't see many fighters like him. I think he has a lot of potential. A lot of fighters in the UFC had to fight their way up the ladder. Look at Frank Mir, he originally held the Heavyweight title until it was stripped from him during his motorcycle accident. He came back from that and managed to fight his way back to the top...I would say he's earned it.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Senor_Pockets
Skye River
Senor_Pockets
Not Robert

User Image

Are you saying Chuck's fighting style hasn't changed? I wasn't sure what you meant at first...I thought you meant Chuck and Jardine had the same fighting style. In Chuck's defense, I would say he really hasn't needed to change his fighting style...he's done fairly well for himself up till recently.

As for Brock Lesnar, he's a fairly unique fighter...at least when it comes to his build I mean. You don't see many fighters like him. I think he has a lot of potential. A lot of fighters in the UFC had to fight their way up the ladder. Look at Frank Mir, he originally held the Heavyweight title until it was stripped from him during his motorcycle accident. He came back from that and managed to fight his way back to the top...I would say he's earned it.

I have rarely seen Chuck Liddell do any leg kicks since his days in Pride. Jardine was giving more than just looping punches. At least he added a few leg kicks to give him an advantage in the judges' score cards.

It will take a while before Brock Lesnar builds his potential in MMA. From what I understand, he's training with Couture to prepare for the match against Frank Mir.
ArezX2
Well randy couture just lost his chance to fight fedor. He got beat by brock lesner, what a shame.

Yeah I agree it was a shame but at the same time look at the size of brocks fists. they're as big as sledgehammers. When Brock first entered the UFC I didn't have respect for him because 1. he came from WWF and 2. his size made him cocky in my opinion. Look at his first ufc fight. I dont remember who it was agaisnt, all i remember is he ran out there 2 times bigger than the other guy thinking he could just punch his way to victory. The other guy had brock in a ankle lock within the first 2 minutes, Brock tapped, over.

However, since then he's been intensely training on his MMA skills, as shown in his fight with Couture. This time instead of just throwing his hands around like a dumb brute, he actually used octagon control by staying on Couture's back, wrestling, and using strategy. In the end he won from hammerfists, F***ED Couture's face up. After the fight, all Couture could say was "man that mother f'ers big".

I've read Matt Hughes book (along with Liddells) and in it, Hughes says he trained/ wrestled with Brock before Brock entered ufc. Specifiically in Hughes book he says they both wrestled each other, Hughes ended up climbing his back and getting him in a rear chokehold and he submitted, but Brock gave Hughes respect (which surprised me because I really thought Brock was a cocky brute)

All that being said I've got to give it up to the man for turning himself around. More respect for Couture, of course, being a hall of famer and all plus being like what, 43 years old? But I think Brock is going to go a long way if he keeps his training up.
And as for Jardine vs Jackson, I don't count Jardine out, but the Jardine/Liddell fight was a tough one because as someone said earlier they both have very similiar styles. And Jackson destroyed Liddell. Got lucky (twice?)maybe, but he destroyed him. I've got my money on Jackson.

I don't know what it is about Liddell fighting black people, in my opinion I think hes intimadated? Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this, but he got destroyed by Sugar Evans (from a VERY lucky single-shot KO) and also from Jackson. But Chuck is still my favorite UFC fighter. Read his book, he's a bad mumbo jumbo. Got busted piping some girl in the bathroom of a bar LOL dudes a pimp. rofl
14 I_Love_You_Always14
I luv MMA...my brother buys like all the paperveiws biggrin ....i was rele happy wit the BJ Penn vs. GSP biggrin ...BJ is too cocky he was like oh im gonna kill GSP and he was the one tht got crushed! biggrin

Truthfully I didn't expect the GSP/Penn fight to end THAT bad for BJ! Bj's got a granite chin and extraodinary flexability. But gsp destroyed him and all his cockyness. For one I dont think BJ trained hard enough for the fight, even in that video Spike! had of them both training, BJ took a couple days vacation and GSP was in the gym everyday. Also I think BJ should stick with 155 lbs. He prooved he can be dominant in that weightclass. Moving up to 170 was a huge deal. I think he mostly did it and ran his mouth about GSP for the attention. He blew up 155 and got too cocky thinking he could take 170.

But I still have the upmost respect for bj and hope to see him do well in his next fights to come. just hope he stops flappin his gums
i love watching a good cage match with someone who knows judo and ju jit su

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces