Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

3,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i can't wait until next week which will be the hook man. i have heard of that story sooooooo many times just like the bloody mary story. I heard the hook man story in the 3rd grade and the bloody mary story in the 4th grade.

man this show is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love dean, he is sooooooooo sexy.

Prophet

inumoriko
i can't wait until next week which will be the hook man. i have heard of that story sooooooo many times just like the bloody mary story. I heard the hook man story in the 3rd grade and the bloody mary story in the 4th grade.

man this show is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love dean, he is sooooooooo sexy.

The next episode looks really good! 3nodding whee I can't wait either

Professional Nerd

Wow.. everybody loves Dean. sweatdrop

What about poor Sam? D=

Quotable Prophet

Ryukkuu
Nobody Famous
It was freaky. I would have believed it was Dean at the very beginning had they not gone and blown it in the previews for the episode that a shapeshifter was involved.

It was sad in some ways. I didn't particuarly care much for the episode. Gotta say that the Bloody Mary one is still my favorite so far.

Yeah, that kind of ruined the surprise. sweatdrop

Bloody Mary was my favorite ep so far, too. 3nodding Along with the first one. I liked the one on the plane, too.

Yeah, those three were definitely the best so far.

Prophet

I can't wait for the hook man!

Professional Nerd

Gash-Kun
I can't wait for the hook man!

Me either. It looks like it'll be a really good one. 3nodding

Quotable Prophet

What's the story with the hook man anyways?

Professional Nerd

The original urban legend?

Well, the version I know, these two teenagers are on the way home from a date when they hear on the radio that an inmate from an asylum in that area escaped, and the police are looking for him because he's considered dangerous, and he has a hook where one of his hands should be. Then the car breaks down, and the boyfriend says he'll go for help because there's a gas station close by.

So the girl waits for a while, but she keeps hearing scratching noises on the car door. She gets scared and locks all the doors, and keeps waiting for her boyfriend to get back. A little while later, a policemen walks up to the window and brings her to the police car, but he tells her not to look back.

But she looks back anyways and sees her boyfriend dead on top of the car with a hook in his back.

I know there's a lot of other versions, that's just the one I hear a lot. sweatdrop

I suck at summarizing these things. I'm sorry. crying
OMG I LOVE this show I havent missed one episode since it started! heart heart unfortunately I'm the only one in my family brave enough to watch it blaugh

Quotable Prophet

Ryukkuu

Well, the version I know, these two teenagers are on the way home from a date when they hear on the radio that an inmate from an asylum in that area escaped, and the police are looking for him because he's considered dangerous, and he has a hook where one of his hands should be. Then the car breaks down, and the boyfriend says he'll go for help because there's a gas station close by.

So the girl waits for a while, but she keeps hearing scratching noises on the car door. She gets scared and locks all the doors, and keeps waiting for her boyfriend to get back. A little while later, a policemen walks up to the window and brings her to the police car, but he tells her not to look back.

But she looks back anyways and sees her boyfriend dead on top of the car with a hook in his back.

I know there's a lot of other versions, that's just the one I hear a lot. sweatdrop

Weird...that sounds a lot like the story of the Donkey Lady.

Prophet

Nobody Famous
Ryukkuu

I've actually never even heard the story of the Hookman, i just know about him somehow... sweatdrop

Professional Nerd

Nobody Famous

Donkey Lady? I've never heard that one.. sweatdrop
Ryukkuu

The most common alternate version is that the couple are making out when the announcement comes on the radio. The guy wants to keep going (and hopefully score), and the girl gets scared and begs to go home. When they get to her place, he decides to be nice and open her door, only to find the hook stuck to her door handle. wink

Quotable Prophet

Ryukkuu
Nobody Famous

Donkey Lady? I've never heard that one.. sweatdrop

I can't remember much, but as the story goes, there was a girl in a village who was disfigured in some way. I think she was lame and her legs resembled a donkey's. Well, there was this jerk who'd constantly make fun of her, calling her "Donkey" all the time. At her fifteenth birthday party, he switched the horse for the carriage she was supposed to ride with a donkey. Everyone thought it was a joke and laughed. She was humiliated. Then later the girl sees a carriage being driven by an old woman, and the guy's head is hanging on a pike on the carriage along with others.

The girl eventually grew up, got married, and had kids. There was a fire at her house and she was the only one who lived, but the fire horribly scarred her. Not only making her look hideous, but making it so she couldn't talk, but instead made braying sounds like a donkey. She lived alone after that until she died, and became the disfigured old woman on the carriage who'd lop off peoples heads and stick them on the pikes on the carriage.

That's just the backstory. The urban myth goes that a guy and a girl are driving along in the guy's car. The guy, as a joke, stops the car, gets out, and cries "donkey" several times real loudly, just to show he's not scared. The girl is scared and stays in the car. The boyfriend doesn't come back. The next morning, a sheriff finds her, tells her to get out of the car and follow him, but not to look back. She does. There's the carriage and her boyfriend's head on a pike, driving off.

Professional Nerd

Wow. eek That's creepy.

I can't believe I've never heard that one before.. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out