Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm one of those weird writers who can't translate the real world into what they write. Like I always hear people say "I overheard this great conversation and I had my characters say it!" and I just go "huh?". I think it's because I'm oblivious and don't notice things going on around me. xd

I take it you're not happy about The Hobbit either, Loth?

Ooo, hey, someone anonymously gave me cute birdies! Thank you, person who gave me cutes!
Unpublished work is unpublished. I understand and all the best for your book.

Technically everything from the real world is put in your fictional world, either consciously or unconsciously. I find the real world a little more palatable in a fictional world that you can actually control (with the greatest caution not to Mary Sue). Combining the power of the imagination with the real world and watch the worlds blend (Without losing the grounding of reality that would lead to insanity...um). If you catch my drift. 3nodding

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
I really like reading your writing, Meri! It's fun! Well, I haven't read any recently though... User Image

My hopes for the Hobbit are that the remaining two movies will have enough book content remaining that when all three movies are out someone will be able to edit out all the superfluous stuff and make one cohesive movie. I have faith that if the content is there someone will do it!

On a completely different topic, apparently it's okay to rant on a test as long as it's grammatically correct. I'll have to remember this and worry about tests less. That and study grammar more. I'm weakest at grammar. User Image

Tricky Lunatic

Autumn looks like a chicken nugget. What with the crunchy legs and everything.
Thanks, Rudh. Yeah, it's probably a case of I get inspiration from reality without realizing I'm getting inspiration. I tend to not pay much attention to the real world, but I'm sure some of that must sneak into my writing somehow. wink Although I did get the idea for one of my stories because of something one of my customers told me, so there ya go- real world sneaking into fiction!

Zabby- Awww, shucks! Thanks! heart Most of what I've been writing recently isn't online anywhere, so don't worry about missing it (someday I'll write more short stories that I can share). But yeah, fun is why I love writing so much! My NaNo for this year involves carnival performers so it's been a blast to write. The entire thing is just filled with silly. It's like if I'm having a bad day, I tell my husband "fudge it! I'm going to go spend time with my circus people!". xd

Ooo, that would be great, Zabby, if they could edit out the superfluous stuff. I'm trying to decide if I want to bother getting tickets for the midnight showing or not. I had a blast doing that for the LotR movies, but last year my dizziness was too bad to see a movie late when I was tired. That's a little better this year, but I'm still wondering if maybe I should see the 11am showing or something instead.

LOL! That's good to know about ranting. Not that I'm in school anymore. But still. xd

Loth- LOL! I love that my writings got you over here. Not sure how I managed to do that, but it amuses me greatly.
Yeah, that's exactly it about The Hobbit- it's supposed to be this rather lighthearted kids book, and it's being turned into an epic serious thing. I love the book for what it is.
I've never read Brian Jacques- what did he write?

Tricky Lunatic

These event items are simply lovely. 4laugh

Tricky Lunatic

Leonardo DiCaprio ;P

Tricky Lunatic

Tricky Lunatic

Hey guys, maybe Bakshi actually had something here. For all his weird fetishes, the idea of Legolas having the elven equivalent of down syndrome isn't completely far-fetched, y'know?

I mean, that would mean Thranduil's not just a d**k, but an incestuous d**k. Even so, that might exonerate him from some of his more d**k-ish moves.

This is where someone says "I like pie," but I'm trying to say something important here.

Sure, elves never suffered ailments of the body, but saying they were immune to ailments of the mind kinda negates.....well, all of the Silmarillion, except the Akallabêth which doesn't count because it's about Sauron PMS'ing and men getting big heads and doing stupid things.

Oh and the part where the Valar screw up Arda, but that's sorta fundamental and ultimately Eru's fault.

Elves don't like the incestuous thing any more than the Edain, which I'm guessing might partly be why Galadriel denied romantic endeavors from her 2nd cousin, no matter how noble, genteel, and just plain ******** adorable he was before he got sodomized by Sauron who was by then undergoing menopause.

But you leave a bunch of Moriquendi camping out in the backwoods of Mirkwood....well who knows what could go on in there? (besides Nazgûl frat parties, of course.)

edit: And for the love of sh*t, Gaia. I'm not trying to get attention. I'm trying to do/say something here.

I'm not the whiny attention-whore that whatserface/notnaminganynames/overfed-goldfish-lady was/is.

Can't I cry blasphemy in peace, for ******** sake? Jeez, talk about waxing helicopter-mother-goddess. scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff