Welcome to Gaia! ::

xxRuinbladexx's Princess

Tiny Nymph

9,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Personally I did love the movie but they over hyped it and there wasnt enough action in it. Plus I think all that stuff with North Korea over this movie was all bs just to promote the movie. Although after watching it I do see why he would be mad. What did you think of the movie? Was it as good as you thought it would be or did it lack imagination? I want to hear your thoughts.

Fairy

I haven't seen it, but I've heard it mocks North Korea in such a way that detracts from the situation with the country's government and its relationship with its people (which is horrible).
What I'd like to know is - is it entertaining enough to bother watching? I wouldn't say I'm exactly boycotting it, because that feels a little social-justice-y but I'm not sure I can support it.

Dapper Gaian

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I watched it a few days ago and honestly, I don't think it's that funny. It's nice to see someone horrible like Kim Jong Un be made fun of relentlessly, but it just wasn't that funny.

My favorite part was the s**t at the beginning with Eminem. I used to be a fan of him, but stopped listening after his music kept making me feel increasingly angry and unhappy. He puts a lot of nasty s**t out there, and it's nice to see that being made fun of a bit as well. Not at all comparing him to Kim Jong Un, though.

O.G. Gaian

Universalism
My favorite part was the s**t at the beginning with Eminem. I used to be a fan of him, but stopped listening after his music kept making me feel increasingly angry and unhappy. He puts a lot of nasty s**t out there, and it's nice to see that being made fun of a bit as well. Not at all comparing him to Kim Jong Un, though.

His last couple records caught my attention, though -- the unfettered anger factor's gone way down; basically, he comes across less as an angry teenager and more as an adult, or he does in the couple tracks I've happened to hear.

I loved that part in the movie, too, though, but the subtext I saw in it is that he's finally grown up; I mean, obviously he didn't have to accept the part, but he agreed to it. I'd say he's able to laugh at himself now, from the looks of things... of course, I can't help but wonder whether he agreed to the role right away, or if they had to convince him....

Robotic Exhibitionist

It has its quotable moments.

xxRuinbladexx's Princess

Tiny Nymph

9,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Sairanie
I haven't seen it, but I've heard it mocks North Korea in such a way that detracts from the situation with the country's government and its relationship with its people (which is horrible).
What I'd like to know is - is it entertaining enough to bother watching? I wouldn't say I'm exactly boycotting it, because that feels a little social-justice-y but I'm not sure I can support it.

It was worth watching even though the media and everyone over hyped it. As for it detracting from the situation in North Korea they have some parts in there that I think they put in the movie to help people realize how bad it actually is over there. As for it being a Rogen and Franco movie it wasnt as funny as I thought it would be but still a good watch.

Dangerous Fairy

I Freaking loved it heart heart heart heart

Was cracking up all the way through mrgreen
"HE IS SOOO MF'N PEANUT BUTTER AND JEAAAALOUS!!!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items