<3 </3

What was the best epic battle?

Season 2: Buffy vs Angelus 0.29888357256778 29.9% [ 937 ]
Season 3: Buffy vs. the Mayor 0.11642743221691 11.6% [ 365 ]
Season 4: Buffy vs. Adam 0.1170653907496 11.7% [ 367 ]
Season 5: Buffy vs. Glory 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 475 ]
Season 7: Buffy vs the Hellmouth 0.31610845295056 31.6% [ 991 ]
Total Votes:[ 3135 ]

I can't wait till the next issue! Can you believe they thought of making a Buffy the animated series?? Thank goodness they chose the comic route.
I wish they did both. Only because if they had down the animated series way back when it was pitched, many of our loved actors would've been the voices with a few exceptions.

Charitable Astronomer

14,725 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
SilverRhino
Vee Angel
Child of Horus I think...Willow was uninjured because she's practically a god now. So she protected herself by being able to ignore the pain, which gave her the time to heal herself.

I agree with that to an extent... except I don't think it's at a "Goddess's" level... I think her experience allowed her to be able to heal to herself whilst lending Buffy her powers...
Bury it,
I won't let you bury it...

Ah ok. That makes a lot more sense. I'm still getting used to all the
changes that happened between the destruction of SunnyD and where
they are now. @_@
A few more issues and I think I'll have it all down. ^^
...I won't let you smother it,
I won't let you murder it
Vee Angel
I wish they did both. Only because if they had down the animated series way back when it was pitched, many of our loved actors would've been the voices with a few exceptions.

That would have been so cool.
I don't really like the whole organization thing, personally it takes the focus off of the group for me. But I do understand it storywise...and it's still pretty good.

I just love the cover art.
The art is very good and I love how they had Buffy going against Gen. It was great!
Vee Angel
I don't really like the whole organization thing, personally it takes the focus off of the group for me. But I do understand it storywise...and it's still pretty good.

I just love the cover art.

To be honest I'm not too much of a fan of that idea either... but it works. At first it reminded me of the whole Riley crap and I was like OH GOD! But it makes sense and it really does work.
flyingmonkeybug
Vee Angel

O GOD! The animated series would have sucked! Unless it was like Spawn and aired on HBO or something... They would have babied it down too much... and at the point that it was that would have been the wrong thing to do. I agree with Chelsea! Thank GOD they took the comic route. It's much less restricting. I couldn't stand if they had to dumb down the writing just because the demographics had changed.
Thanks silverrhino. Now I'm confused... Riley is losing in the polls yet doesn't he seem the most likley one to return? I think he is.
SilverRhino
flyingmonkeybug
Vee Angel

O GOD! The animated series would have sucked! Unless it was like Spawn and aired on HBO or something... They would have babied it down too much... and at the point that it was that would have been the wrong thing to do. I agree with Chelsea! Thank GOD they took the comic route. It's much less restricting. I couldn't stand if they had to dumb down the writing just because the demographics had changed.

I didn't like Spawn on HBO. It felt like it meandered a lot... pacing wise and such. Plus I could never get into the animation style.
i never liked spawn either, i could never get into it, but i was a lot younger when i watched it so now it maybe would be different?

but i have to agree with rhino, an animated series of buffy would be terrible. the show would become flat and one dimensional, and buffy was a show that defied genre and had such depth. an animated saturday cartoon would butcher it.
You never know about a show until you give it a chance. I think an animated show couldn't been good if done right. Of course it would be different, but so is a comic book. I would've liked to set a chance. Who knows, if it sucked maybe a strong outcry from the fans would've made them mature it a bit.
Gaming_Dude
i never liked spawn either, i could never get into it, but i was a lot younger when i watched it so now it maybe would be different?

but i have to agree with rhino, an animated series of buffy would be terrible. the show would become flat and one dimensional, and buffy was a show that defied genre and had such depth. an animated saturday cartoon would butcher it.

I actually really liked Spawn... I was a huge fan... but I what I meant to say was the animated series would have to be an intelligent one... and lets be honest... there aren't a lot of "smart" cartoons out there... I could never picture the Buffy series as an animated one... THANK GOD it did not happen! The comic is more imaginable and it gives us fans a lot more to work with. Like gaming said, an animated series would be too one dimensional.

And before any of you say it... NO I CAN NOT PICTURE BUFFY AS AN ANIME!
Ew, if anybody made an anime Buffy show I would just die.

Charitable Astronomer

14,725 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
Bury it,
I won't let you bury it...
I agree. I'd have to hunt down the idiot and demand it be pulled.

Anyone ever hear of the God-awful "Saban Moon" version of Sailor Moon?

Any attempt at a Buffy anime would end up like THAT! *cringes*
...I won't let you smother it,
I won't let you murder it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out