Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

As much as I enjoy dancing and bouncing around like a derp while listening to SKRILLEX, my favorite electronic music would have to be the stuff you can't really dance to.

I'm not trying to make this a total recommendation thread, because I have a lot of glitch and IDM that I listen to. But I figured I'd post this and maybe get some people out of their comfort zone?

Veqtor
I've been listening to Veqtor for some time now, and even though his discography is rather small, he's definitely worth a listen if you enjoy glitch/IDM (except Parsuitel Orbitelum, that album isn't too good imo).

Limit Cycle EP, Retrospective, and Zero Data Index are his more concrete albums. Analogik1 and 2 have almost no structure at all and are made using pureply analog synthesizers. Think Merzbow but not as loud and really space-sounding.

My favorite song would have to be Mosaic off Limit Cycle EP.

Xanopticon
Most of what Xanopticon produced is probably way too heavy/loud to be considered IDM... But his liminal space album is one of my favorite albums I've ever heard.

ps liminal space sounds really cool when it's run through stereo difference.

Autechre
Yeah, I'm stating the obvious.

Richard Devine
Sound designer that's designed patches for NI software and done a lot of audio work in general.

I would post more but I'm really tired so I'll mention some names.

u-ziq
Secede
Alva Noto
Ryoji Ikeda
Motohiro Nakashima
The Flashbulb (lol)
Tapage
Atomhead (also lol)
Bogdan Raczynski (ok I'll stop posting lol artists)
Apparat
Amon Tobin
Geotic
Jacaszek
modeselektor
Gridlock
Xingu Hill

if you are going to recommend me some idm or glitch, I would love more stuff like Parsec by Richard Devine, anything at all by Alva Noto, or rift by Atomhead : D

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
No one enjoys IDM and glitch? I thought this was a decent format for a new thread. crying

I couldn't find an official IDM thread.
You failed to mention Venetian Snares AND Aphex Twin. I can't post here.

But seriously, I believe there is an official IDM thread linked in the rules and guidelines, but I would be okay with this thread replacing it. If memory serves the official thread's been dead forever and the first post is some one-liner like, "Hurr durr who likes IDM?"

Aside from the two I mentioned, I haven't listened to a great deal of IDM. I've been meaning to give Squarepusher a go. Thanks for the suggestions. smile

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I'm personally not a big fan of Venetian Snares (only enjoyed Rossz, My Downfall, and Calvacade) razz
I've also been meaning to check out Aphex Twin but there's like some kind of subliminal thing in my mind that says if I like Aphex Twin, I won't be an "IDM-Hipster" anymore. Dumb but oops.
Contrapasso
I'm personally not a big fan of Venetian Snares (only enjoyed Rossz, My Downfall, and Calvacade) razz
I've also been meaning to check out Aphex Twin but there's like some kind of subliminal thing in my mind that says if I like Aphex Twin, I won't be an "IDM-Hipster" anymore. Dumb but oops.

How can you not like a song called Mutant c**t Sniffer? TELL ME!
Contrapasso

Tee hee. I listened to Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole last night. ******** hilarious. That and Rossz are my current favorites.

So you're one of those? You could try one of his aliases like AFX or Polygon Window. I won't tell.

And I just started listening to Squarepusher a little while ago today AND HOLY s**t I'M SO GLAD I DID.

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Pubstar Hero
Contrapasso

How can you not like a song called Mutant c**t Sniffer? TELL ME!

Ok, I enjoyed that song too. Actually most of that album is pretty great (especially Stormtower OM NOM NOM NOM)

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
So, I just found this out.
Richard Devine's new EP is coming out next week.

omg yes.
http://vimeo.com/30154663
Wow.....Just.....wow.
You fail to mention so many producers, that it's almost laughable.
What about Venetian Snares?
Aphex Twin?
Knifehandchop?
Oval?

OVAL IS THE ******** GOD OF GLITCH, BRO.

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I already said that I'm not too fond of Venetian Snares and I don't know enough about Aphex Twin to post about him rofl. What I've seen, Aphex Twin hasn't really released anything since 2001.

I recently downloaded Drukqs though, gonna give that a listen today most likely.
Contrapasso
I already said that I'm not too fond of Venetian Snares and I don't know enough about Aphex Twin to post about him rofl. What I've seen, Aphex Twin hasn't really released anything since 2001.

I recently downloaded Drukqs though, gonna give that a listen today most likely.

Okay.
But still.
If you're going to listen to Glitch, then Oval is a must.
He pretty much crafted the genre into what it is today.

And KnifeHandChop is some great IDM.

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Oh my god, I'm in love with Oval. Reminds me a lot of Utabi.

Contrapasso
Oh my god, I'm in love with Oval. Reminds me a lot of Utabi.

That was quite sexy.
NOONE MENTIONED CLARK??!?!?! crying

Sigh....

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
awesome, I'm gonna have to look up more by clark.

currently listening to drukqs, I really like this hehe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff