Welcome to Gaia! ::

@ KoumarUUUUUUUUUUU

Beta-remix of your track. REALLY MUDDY AND MESSY, but its like 2:30 am...and I ma using a 8 year old pc at my moms house.

CR002. Yes. Catharsis potentiate.
Oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. ******** awesome! Mucho Love. heart

I updated the tune again today, so I'll have to upload it. And yes, I'll have the full tune up for download. razz

Also, it's been a long time, but I think the key is G#.
So who's in for a first Catharsis multi-artist release ?
I guess this should go in here then.

Low quality.

I have it as 320 if you want it.

Also, ignore my thread - it's been a while.
Your kick drum is too, um, bassy? Since it's basically the only piece of rhythmic percussion, it stands out a lot as it is and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the track. Maybe something softer, higher pitched would be better.
Although really I think the best thing to do would be to add the snare earlier. The kick sounds kind of lonely for most of the track. Also maybe a gentle, barely audible hi-hat backing.
Layra-chan
Your kick drum is too, um, bassy? Since it's basically the only piece of rhythmic percussion, it stands out a lot as it is and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the track. Maybe something softer, higher pitched would be better.
Although really I think the best thing to do would be to add the snare earlier. The kick sounds kind of lonely for most of the track. Also maybe a gentle, barely audible hi-hat backing.

Do you think it's maybe a matter of taste? I have to say, I've been working on it the last few hours on headphones, which will make a huge difference.

I was actually thinking shakers, maybe. Also, the snare was intentionally as late as possible. I'm trying for a similar effect to something maybe more dub techno, where it's hats and kick the whole way - that kind of rhythm that sounds like it could go on forever. When you don't use four on the floor, it's hard to carry it off I guess.

I kind of like how ghetto it sounds, but I've been listening to too much Actress.
Ah. I've been listening through speakers, so the kick really stands out. It's probably more muted through headphones. I don't know, try high-passing it or something.
Shakers would work well. I just think that you should introduce something earlier in the track because the kick really, really stands out.
Layra-chan
Ah. I've been listening through speakers, so the kick really stands out. It's probably more muted through headphones. I don't know, try high-passing it or something.
Shakers would work well. I just think that you should introduce something earlier in the track because the kick really, really stands out.

I'll give it a go through speakers when people are awake/at work. I can definitely tell the kick's over-compressed at the beginning, but it sits nicely in there after more instrumentation comes in. Again - headphones.

It needs polish, but I quite like it structurally. It's kind of hard to actually do development for me. Most of the time it's "this is the loop and it goes on for this long". Not for everyone?
I like it structure-wise. It's more of a sound-design problem for me.
Layra-chan
I like it structure-wise. It's more of a sound-design problem for me.

Offtopic but: Do you have any comments on the designs?
Designs are cool. Not entirely sure if they say "Catharsis" in a literal sense, but I'm not entirely sure we want that.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/electronic-music/electronic-artist-like-to-dj-post-samples-here/t.6024776/

READ THE STICKIES NEXT TIME NOOB

THREAD REPORTED
eskAe
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/electronic-music/electronic-artist-like-to-dj-post-samples-here/t.6024776/

READ THE STICKIES NEXT TIME NOOB

THREAD REPORTED

Wait, are you reporting my whole thread?
nah im not a nerd like you guys heart i live by the code
I like how that thread is specifically "no critique, no discussion, just links". 'Cause apparently actual production talk goes in the main music forum.
Also, Wuzzel. And Glassbox. I miss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces