Welcome to Gaia! ::

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
MarkM117

1. the kinect is built in because the main UI is built around it. the price is based around the fact you can do more than just games on the One.

Which is kinda redundant, since I don't know of many people who buy a gaming console, for anything OTHER than gaming. The exception being made for the PS3, for its then groundbreaking Blu-Ray capability.

See...aside from "play XBox1 games", the other options can be broken down into 2 categories:

1. s**t I can already do with my PC, so I don't need the Xbox to do them.

2. Gimmicky s**t, that nobody needs, and is just included as an excuse for a price-hike.

See, back in the early days of the PS3, it cost $600. But not because of any "gimmick" s**t, but because of the inclusion of the Blu-Ray format, which was ungodly expensive at the time, due to being brand new technology. There were no other components of the system, that you had to pay for. No internet use fee, especially. You paid your $600, and you were set.

Xbox has always taken the opposite approach, of nickle-and-diming you out of every penny they can possibly squeeze you for. Even with the 360. You paid what was at the time a lower price ($400), PLUS an online fee, PLUS the price for an external HD-DVD drive, and so on. By the time the 360 was made to effectively rival the PS3's capabilities, you've already spent well over the $600 for the PS3. Whereas for the PS3, you spent the $600, and not a penny more.

Hell, I hear that with the Xbox1, you also have to have a gold-level account for Netflix to even be accessible. How the [********] do you justify that?!

Kinect is not brand new technology, and is not exactly their most popular feature. Making it a requirement, is just as retarded as making it a requirement to do internet "check-ins". Basically, they've made several "pay for" options, into pay for REQUIREMENTS. And that's just bad business.

See, what's happening here, is that Micro is raping you, and you're just taking it, like a good little b***h.

Quote:
2. go look at some of the other ps4 lovers threads and you'll see some morons praising its slight graphical superiority. that is why i bring it up

Ok, and that has what to do with this conversation, in this thread?

Quote:
3. until you prove that the people who have been legitimately hacked, and not the 12 year olds who fell for phishing scams, on Live outnumbers the 77 million hacked on psn (and prove the hackers were Live account owners(not some random who says they are to seem cool)) your point is moot

As is yours. Yours operates on the same level of assumption. That just because it hasn't happened, means it can't. And that's blatantly idiotic.

All I did, was use the same logic, in reverse.

Quote:
4.30 seconds online to check for any new purchases that may have occurred while we were offline?! OH NO!

When there's no reason why it should be necessary, and there's always the off chance for internet being down? Yes. Oh no.

What happens if, for some reason, my internet goes out for a day or 2? It has happened. And I have the best internet available to my region. Expensive s**t, but fast, and generally reliable. Doesn't stop it from occasionally being down for a day or 2, for maintenance or a need for repairs. Hell, a good storm, could take it out, for a good little while.

What am I to do, then? Why should I not be able to play DISC BASED GAMES, which require no internet for use, because my internet is out?

In fact, I'm more likely to play a video game, when the internet is out, because that's about all I can do. TV has grown to suck, for the most part, and I don't fancy going for a hike in the rain.

So...according to Microsoft, the only time I can play a video game, is during conditions in which I'd already be doing something else.

Bravo, Microsoft....Bra. ********. Vo.

Quote:
you mean when i go to a buds house with my controller and recover my account i can't play his games with him like they say i can? for free?

those lights on our guide button? that tells you what player that controller is!

Right. So obviously your crack about "if you don't pay for online multiplayer, you obviously don't have friends" is the most retarded thing you could've possibly said. Same system multiplayer has been around as long as multiplayer gaming (literally). And it's not going away, because as it turns out, most people still have regionally close friends that they can invite over. And I'm not going to have my friends bring their video game console over, and hook it to my internet, so that we can connect "online", when we're sitting ********, in the first place.

Ergo, I don't need online multiplayer. I have actual friends.

Quote:
6. say you run a company that makes this amazing car. you want to sell all of them and make a profit. oh? what is this? someone bought one! oh joy! but wait! he's copying it and giving it away free!

Except that...trading a disc, is not "copying". It's the equivalent of me buying a Mercedez-Benz (as if I'd ever buy one...), and deciding I'm done with it, and giving it away to someone I know.

Quote:
all those other cars you spent money making aren't getting sold! you're not making a profit! you can't pay all the people who worked so hard on that car!

Again, we're talking about trading a physical item, not digital downloads.

Quote:
7. i agree the region thing is harsh but, why waste more money on something that isn't getting you any money? those millions? more like thousands. not everyone in those countries is playing on the xbox. and as for the states? that 2015 date is not final

I don't imagine too many people in the green area will be playing Xbox, either...

When someone tries to rape people, it's generally expected that there will be resistance.

Dedicated Tactician

7,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Entrepreneur 150
black_wing_angel
MarkM117

1. the kinect is built in because the main UI is built around it. the price is based around the fact you can do more than just games on the One.

Which is kinda redundant, since I don't know of many people who buy a gaming console, for anything OTHER than gaming. The exception being made for the PS3, for its then groundbreaking Blu-Ray capability.

See...aside from "play XBox1 games", the other options can be broken down into 2 categories:

1. s**t I can already do with my PC, so I don't need the Xbox to do them.

2. Gimmicky s**t, that nobody needs, and is just included as an excuse for a price-hike.

See, back in the early days of the PS3, it cost $600. But not because of any "gimmick" s**t, but because of the inclusion of the Blu-Ray format, which was ungodly expensive at the time, due to being brand new technology.

Kinect is not brand new technology, and is not exactly their most popular feature. Making it a requirement, is just as retarded as making it a requirement to do internet "check-ins". Basically, they've made several "pay for" options, into pay for REQUIREMENTS. And that's just bad business.

See, what's happening here, is that Micro is raping you, and you're just taking it, like a good little b***h.

Quote:
2. go look at some of the other ps4 lovers threads and you'll see some morons praising its slight graphical superiority. that is why i bring it up

Ok, and that has what to do with this conversation, in this thread?

Quote:
3. until you prove that the people who have been legitimately hacked, and not the 12 year olds who fell for phishing scams, on Live outnumbers the 77 million hacked on psn (and prove the hackers were Live account owners(not some random who says they are to seem cool)) your point is moot

As is yours. Yours operates on the same level of assumption. That just because it hasn't happened, means it can't. And that's blatantly idiotic.

All I did, was use the same logic, in reverse.

Quote:
4.30 seconds offline to check for any new purchases that may have occurred while we were offline?! OH NO!

When there's no reason why it should be necessary, and there's always the off chance for internet being down? Yes. Oh no.

Quote:
you mean when i go to a buds house with my controller and recover my account i can't play his games with him like they say i can? for free?

those lights on our guide button? that tells you what player that controller is!

Right. So obviously your crack about "if you don't pay for online multiplayer, you obviously don't have friends" is the most retarded thing you could've possibly said. Same system multiplayer has been around as long as multiplayer gaming (literally). And it's not going away, because as it turns out, most people still have regionally close friends that they can invite over. And I'm not going to have my friends bring their video game console over, and hook it to my internet, so that we can connect "online", when we're sitting ********, in the first place.

Ergo, I don't need online multiplayer. I have actual friends.

Quote:
6. say you run a company that makes this amazing car. you want to sell all of them and make a profit. oh? what is this? someone bought one! oh joy! but wait! he's copying it and giving it away free!

Except that...trading a disc, is not "copying". It's the equivalent of me buying a Mercedez-Benz (as if I'd ever buy one...), and deciding I'm done with it, and giving it away to someone I know.

Quote:
all those other cars you spent money making aren't getting sold! you're not making a profit! you can't pay all the people who worked so hard on that car!

Again, we're talking about trading a physical item, not digital downloads.

Quote:
7. i agree the region thing is harsh but, why waste more money on something that isn't getting you any money? those millions? more like thousands. not everyone in those countries is playing on the xbox. and as for the states? that 2015 date is not final

I don't imagine too many people in the green area will be playing Xbox, either...

When someone tries to rape people, it's generally expected that there will be resistance.
You know, I've been reading all your posts like a stalker in this thread and you always make such good and valid points. I do not think the person you're responding to will acknowledge you, since this is the... third or fourth time? I have lost track of how many people tried convincing this fellow of all that's wrong with Xbox One.

Lonely Prophet

Thank you so much, especially for the 'cover the lens' part.
So many ******** paranoid people out there.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Lady Sonata
You know, I've been reading all your posts like a stalker in this thread and you always make such good and valid points.

Thank you. I appreciate the praise. 3nodding

Quote:
I do not think the person you're responding to will acknowledge you, since this is the... third or fourth time? I have lost track of how many people tried convincing this fellow of all that's wrong with Xbox One.

He is suffering from what is known as Stockholm Syndrome. It's a psychological disorder that occurs when a victim grows affection for their assailant. For instance, a kidnap victim falling in love with their kidnapper. Pretty popular concept for movies, actually.

One well documented symptom of Stockholm Syndrome, is the victim's attempting to justify the actions of the assailant. Like the ever popular "he only hit me because I burned the dinner, again. I knew better than to leave the burner on, too long...'when will I ever learn', right?" In this case, the victim is making excuses for the greedy price-hiking, and inclusion of unnecessary, unjustifiable, expensive "requirements".

Dangerous Vegetarian

14,200 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
MarkM117
1. when isn't an xbox owner playing online? during storms? oh no! that means you have to go out and be social! If you think you can't be social during a storm you obviously never lived in Oklahoma

According the us census a little more than 70% (2011) of US citizens have internet access, meaning that 30% of Americans do not have the option to get the xbox one. Yes poor people do like my and my brother do have an xbox but we can not afford internet because we have to pay for things like classes, rent, electricity, groceries. Internet is a luxury and good internet (need for the xbox) is often out of many lower class citizen who to go online depends on school and library computers. That is my biggest problem with the xbox one.

As for the game share, I think with the trend of playing online will encourage gamers to get games as soon as they are release. Playing use games helps keep the games in circulation. Yes the company is losing money when people by them used but those who do buy them used more often than not could not or would not buy it new in the first place.

Friendly Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
black_wing_angel
Lady Sonata
You know, I've been reading all your posts like a stalker in this thread and you always make such good and valid points.

Quote:
I do not think the person you're responding to will acknowledge you, since this is the... third or fourth time? I have lost track of how many people tried convincing this fellow of all that's wrong with Xbox One.

He is suffering from what is known as Stockholm Syndrome. It's a psychological disorder that occurs when a victim grows affection for their assailant. For instance, a kidnap victim falling in love with their kidnapper. Pretty popular concept for movies, actually.

One well documented symptom of Stockholm Syndrome, is the victim's attempting to justify the actions of the assailant. Like the ever popular "he only hit me because I burned the dinner, again. I knew better than to leave the burner on, too long...'when will I ever learn', right?" In this case, the victim is making excuses for the greedy price-hiking, and inclusion of unnecessary, unjustifiable, expensive "requirements".

i am not a victim of anything. i'll get the system when i can afford it because i want it not because of some disorder you think i have.

it is a system my brothers will be getting and games, the chat system, skype video/messenger service are all things i can use to stay in touch and have fun with my brothers from across the country. so, before you use your lack of knowledge to "diagnose" me with some disorder i don't have, why don't you evaluate yourself.

you're just some emo kid who spends time looking up psychological disorders in order to find something besides yourself to blame your own social ineptitude and hate of your parents just because they didn't hug you enough

i opened this page to inform people that some of the things they are hearing aren't all as bad as they think they are because Microsoft hired someone who has no idea what they are talking about. yes, some things are going to be bad but they can and most likely will change a lot of them to better sell the system before November comes around

Dangerous Vegetarian

14,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
Major Jerkface
Biohazurd
So I heard that the Xbox One won't be able to run 360 games. Is this true? Because if it is....... *sniff sniff* How will I play Skyrim? emotion_8c

Then keep your 360?

Yea sure while most 360 are getting the red rings of death right about now.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
MarkM117
black_wing_angel
Lady Sonata

Quote:

i am not a victim of anything. i'll get the system when i can afford it because i want it not because of some disorder you think i have.

Another fun symptom of Stockholm Syndrome, is denial.

..Just saying.

Quote:
it is a system my brothers will be getting and games, the chat system, skype video/messenger service are all things i can use to stay in touch and have fun with my brothers from across the country.

Which you can do with a PC, cheaper.

Hell, I do all of that, with my PC, that cost me $400 at Best Buy.

Buying an Xbox1 for Skype and the like, is like buying an airline ticket, for the peanuts.

Quote:
so, before you use your lack of knowledge to "diagnose" me with some disorder i don't have, why don't you evaluate yourself.

I have nothing to evaluate. I am thinking economically, and efficiently.

Quote:
you're just some emo kid

Far from that, actually. Closer to "metal head".

Quote:
who spends time looking up psychological disorders

Actually, I didn't look it up. I remember hearing about it, some number of years ago, and the information stuck.

Quote:
in order to find something besides yourself to blame your own social ineptitude

What social ineptitude? I'm not the one who has to use the internet, to play video games with friends. We only need multi-player controllers...

Quote:
and hate of your parents just because they didn't hug you enough

Except I love my parents, and they raised me just right.

See, now you're in "bully" mode. Where you put others down, to mask your own inadequacies.

Quote:
i opened this page to inform people that some of the things they are hearing aren't all as bad as they think they are

Except that I adequately proved that yes, indeed they are.

Quote:
because Microsoft hired someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Except it's not a problem with the representative. It's a problem with the system. The representative did a damn good job of explaining exactly how ******** dumb you have to be, to want an XBone.

Even the best PR, can't make an XBone look good...

Quote:
yes, some things are going to be bad but they can and most likely will change a lot of them to better sell the system before November comes around

Doubt it. They'll be changing them in about a year or two, when the stock-holders threaten a hostile take-over. By then, it'll be too late to save the profits. The numbers will improve, but they'll never catch up with Sony, by then.

Dangerous Vegetarian

14,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
MarkM117

it is a system my brothers will be getting and games, the chat system, skype video/messenger service are all things i can use to stay in touch and have fun with my brothers from across the country. so, before you use your lack of knowledge to "diagnose" me with some disorder i don't have, why don't you evaluate yourself.

you're just some emo kid who spends time looking up psychological disorders in order to find something besides yourself to blame your own social ineptitude and hate of your parents just because they didn't hug you enough

i opened this page to inform people that some of the things they are hearing aren't all as bad as they think they are because Microsoft hired someone who has no idea what they are talking about. yes, some things are going to be bad but they can and most likely will change a lot of them to better sell the system before November comes around

Alright alright both system are not perfect and MarkM is trying to educate on the finer points. Micosoft is an idiot for doing an awful marketing. Many people to do not like the need to be online to play aspect of the system and have misguiding about the sharing. But there are many people who do have no problem with it. So they will get the xbox 1, and the xbox 1 will sell but off of what many (around me) saw at E3 the PS4 sound better. So no need for name calling are discrediting eachother.

Friendly Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
LaughingChild
Major Jerkface
Biohazurd
So I heard that the Xbox One won't be able to run 360 games. Is this true? Because if it is....... *sniff sniff* How will I play Skyrim? emotion_8c

Then keep your 360?

nope.

red rings aren't as common as you think nowadays.
general causes of the red ring
most are from, unexpected power outages, overheats caused by overuse, poor air circulation, and dust caking the insides. nice fail there

Dangerous Vegetarian

14,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
MarkM117
LaughingChild
Major Jerkface
Biohazurd

Then keep your 360?

nope.

most are from, unexpected power outages, overheats caused by overuse, poor air circulation, and dust caking the insides. nice fail there

yet two of my friends very recently have gotten them and the way my brother xbox is acting it is only a matter of time for his too (key word overusage) by the way if you have to be on so often then how do they plan to prevent overusage when they want owner to be it on so often
You know, blocking me, doesn't make me wrong, Mark.

In fact, you just proved that I was right, and you don't know how to accept it. emotion_yatta

Omnipresent Genius

LaughingChild
Major Jerkface
Biohazurd

Then keep your 360?

I've never had a red ring.

Intergalactic Recruit

LaughingChild
MarkM117
LaughingChild
Major Jerkface
Biohazurd

Then keep your 360?

nope.

yet two of my friends very recently have gotten them and the way my brother xbox is acting it is only a matter of time for his too (key word overusage) by the way if you have to be on so often then how do they plan to prevent overusage when they want owner to be it on so often

Your friends probably have older systems. Like my current 360, I have a chance of getting the red rings because it is one of the older models. The newer models don't have this issue anymore. Obviously anyone with an older model is still at risk of this happening.

To help prevent your console from overheating, it would be a good idea to install all your games to your HDD, that way the disc is not constantly running for hours at a time.

With your last statement, it was confusing to understand if you were only talking about the 360, or including the X1. If the latter, I am not sure what you meant by that.

Friendly Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
1st xbox one update includes: offline capabilities and trading, selling, and sharing will stay the same as it is now
Update

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces