Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with my conclusions?

definitely! ^.^ 0.59210526315789 59.2% [ 45 ]
only a couple of them =/ 0.25 25.0% [ 19 ]
no, gaia is so unfair to us! D: 0.092105263157895 9.2% [ 7 ]
i have a different opinion i would like to share below >.< 0.065789473684211 6.6% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
I only started caring when I realized how much cool stuff was being given out. surprised

of course you did >.>

and did you get all the cool stuff you wanted?

Someone had to generously donate them to me. sweatdrop

Fashionable Hunter

12,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
OMG!!! I WANNA HUG YOU SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! whee
I am SO tired of seeing people complain and moan over this event!
It was an awesome emotion_awesome event that I even came late to and I was online*on gaia* ALL DAY
I was like WTf?! at first cuz it was going so fast but I figured I would try to get what I could and *if i wanted too* hunt the other items down.
Cuz that's what I do for every event.
I have extra's but if I decide to do a giveaway or something I'm going to check posts. 3nodding
If you complained and/or yelled at the admins like a spoiled toddler then you get NOTHING. evil

Wind-up Waffles

OP~ I agree with your points, for the most part.

Yes it was poorly advertised, but someone suggested that this may be a test run for future events. If that is the case, then if they widely advertised it, they wouldn't be able to try it on a smaller scale. It would "break" from sheer size (and this has been a large complaint in the past -- releasing something without properly testing it for bugs). So I think it was actually wiser for them not to advertise it.

On the actual running of the event, they are in my time zone and I can tell you that they were working after hours when they ran it. the event ended the first night at 10 or 11pm (can't remember which). If they had to manually do this themselves, they were working overtime. So yes, they were working ridiculous hours, in a matter of speaking. They should be praised highly, if you ask me. Who knows, maybe they were even doing it on their own, to show their support for Gaia at such a tough time... (totally supposing this, I have no proof or rumor to back it up of course)

All in all, I am quite satisfied with this event. I mean, I felt that dice rolling wasn't much fun. It's kinda tedious. Waiting for the opportunity was kind of annoying. But waiting with everyone and joking or chatting or guessing, then rushing over to take a whack at the beast... yeah it was kinda fun. So yes, I think it was a successful venture.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
I only started caring when I realized how much cool stuff was being given out. surprised

of course you did >.>

aw, well that was nice of them :3

like the new avi btw xD

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Narithian
OMG!!! I WANNA HUG YOU SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!! whee
I am SO tired of seeing people complain and moan over this event!
It was an awesome emotion_awesome event that I even came late to and I was online*on gaia* ALL DAY
I was like WTf?! at first cuz it was going so fast but I figured I would try to get what I could and *if i wanted too* hunt the other items down.
Cuz that's what I do for every event.
I have extra's but if I decide to do a giveaway or something I'm going to check posts. 3nodding
If you complained and/or yelled at the admins like a spoiled toddler then you get NOTHING. evil

awuh, thank you *hugs*

this is another reason why we shouldnt be angry at the devs for this. with all the giveaways and horn trade threads, this event has done a really great job at bringing the community together!

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Melomar
OP~ I agree with your points, for the most part.

Yes it was poorly advertised, but someone suggested that this may be a test run for future events. If that is the case, then if they widely advertised it, they wouldn't be able to try it on a smaller scale. It would "break" from sheer size (and this has been a large complaint in the past -- releasing something without properly testing it for bugs). So I think it was actually wiser for them not to advertise it.

On the actual running of the event, they are in my time zone and I can tell you that they were working after hours when they ran it. the event ended the first night at 10 or 11pm (can't remember which). If they had to manually do this themselves, they were working overtime. So yes, they were working ridiculous hours, in a matter of speaking. They should be praised highly, if you ask me. Who knows, maybe they were even doing it on their own, to show their support for Gaia at such a tough time... (totally supposing this, I have no proof or rumor to back it up of course)

All in all, I am quite satisfied with this event. I mean, I felt that dice rolling wasn't much fun. It's kinda tedious. Waiting for the opportunity was kind of annoying. But waiting with everyone and joking or chatting or guessing, then rushing over to take a whack at the beast... yeah it was kinda fun. So yes, I think it was a successful venture.

i know they worked way past a usual work day, but with that point i was more talking about peoples complaints that it wasnt a 24 hour event and had a "bed time" instead. they deffinitely went above and beyond to continue it into the middle of the night. its way to much to ask them to stay up the entire night so we can kill dragons

i actually liked the dice roll, its something they havent done before that i can remember and it was a nice change from the usual "wait for an NPC to post in your thread and quote/click on their post!"
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion

of course you did >.>

like the new avi btw xD

Thanks. I'm a little worried I'll be mistaken for a girl though. sweatdrop

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion

of course you did >.>

like the new avi btw xD

i think youre good >.>
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion

of course you did >.>

like the new avi btw xD

i think youre good >.>

It happens to me a lot. emotion_0A0

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion
mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn
Kaniskion

like the new avi btw xD

i think youre good >.>

It happens to me a lot. emotion_0A0

wow....really? they must not be very bright then >.>

Lady Star

I like the idea of a quick event. The suddenness is sorta okay. Fun in concept, but for people who have busy lives, not so good. If I'd had a bit of a heads up (even a vague one- like be on the look out for an event in the next few days!) I probably could have participated.

I also like the idea that it's mod run, but Gaia has to remember that they have plenty of people from other countries that aren't going to be up when they are. Alternately, those of us who do live in time zones close to theirs have jobs and/or school, so the best time to do something short like this is the weekend. That way, more people are likely to be on, and even if they live somewhere where there's a different time zone they might be able to be up at weird hours as they don't have to worry about getting up early the next day.

I'd also like to note that while yes, most of the items are super cheap in the marketplace (or kind people who got multiples of the items are just giving them away), I don't care about the items. Sure, I like obtaining them, but I don't often use them- I normally sell them. I enjoy playing the event more than having the items.

Lady Star

I would also like to add that part of the reason I'm ticked off is that this seems like a lot more fun than some of gaia's bigger events (which you typically have to have tons of free time to play, and I don't). I'm not a fan of the thread posting and waiting for something to appear, nor do I like the battles where you pick a side and go at it for a week or two. Those got old pretty quickly.

This, however, seems like it was tons of fun. It's a lot more active than the normal thread posting and waiting for something to appear. So I'm all for a similar event- just with a better heads up/timing. As far as I can tell, a lot of other people have a similar opinion of this event- that it's fun, but if you missed it, you're super disappointed. And some of the people who actually got a chance to play don't seem to realize how frustrating that is.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

I just heard about this today. WTF is it?

Inquisitive Traveler

Yes. I'm glad some other people are seeing past a self-centered perspective. I didn't get all of the items either, but that makes it more interesting as a spontaneous event. This limited availability actually adds some value to the event items.
And what numerous people have said about its affect on the community, just look at a few of the gifting/donating threads that have popped up where Gaians can show their good will by helping out those who were in a less flexible position to obtain the items.

So, I thank you, mEcHaNiCaL_kaitlyn, for stepping up and telling everyone why they should appreciate this event instead of complaining.

Versatile Pumpkin

16,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
I just heard about this today. WTF is it?

it was an event where gaians had to "battle" dragons through the use of the dice roll feature in the stickys of this forum.

sadly however, the event ended a couple days ago so you will not be able to participate

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff